How the fuck do I approach this book, Yea Forums? I can't even understand the commentaries

How the fuck do I approach this book, Yea Forums? I can't even understand the commentaries.

Attached: Being_and_Time_(German_edition).jpg (200x325, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/Philosophy_185_Fall_2007_UC_Berkeley
youtu.be/7jh4ejHmB6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You may wish to read some of the historical philosophical precursors mentioned in the work, in order to improve your understanding of what is being said. I am given to understand that there is a straightforward "canon" of what to read in "western philosophy", and further that there is a straightforward starting point.

I have a background in philosophy. I've read many of Plato's Dialogues, and a few works by Aristotle. I'm familiar with Boethius and the modern philosophers from Descartes, Locke, Hume, etc. The analytic philosophers -- Frege and Russell, etc. But Heidegger just doesn't make much sense. At all.

>I have a background in philosophy.
Yet you don't understand even the commentaries? Stick to Russell dude. This is above your paygrade.

I'm an attorney now. I'd be surprised if you had even a lowly paralegal's salary. Let me know when you have the capacity to pass a bar exam. Until then, I'll let you make smug comments on Yea Forums to help your ego. I know incels have all day to ponder about things.

there is nothing imperfect about this post. it is pristine. keep trying to read heidegger, it does not appear you need any help. maybe using a hundred dollar bill as a bookmark will bring you good luck

Attached: 1556072137173.jpg (375x375, 8K)

Good one. I can tell from your response that you don't know much about Heidegger anyway. The low IQ is radiating. Sad. Stop posing, incel.

Attached: 1557237772554.jpg (937x1200, 196K)

fellas we don't need to fight, we could all be friends

trips of peace

Studying American law has this lobotomizing effect on people that I can't explain.

>I'm a professor now. I'd be surprised if you had even a lowly TA's salary. Let me know when you have the capacity to defend a dissertation. Until then, I'll let you make smug comments on Yea Forums to help your ego. I know incels have all day to ponder about things.

I'll try this thread some other time. Farewell.

Attached: fox.jpg (741x920, 348K)

I'm a doctor now. I'd be surprised if you had even a lowly nurse's salary. Let me know when you have the capacity to pass a residency exam. Until then, I'll let you make smug comments on Yea Forums to help your ego. I know incels have all day to ponder about things.

>"let me know when you pass [Neoliberal Test #35], it's what shows a REAL smart cookie"

With a flamethrower.

Russel's work on logic is worth m ore than anything Heidegger ever put out.

Maybe you should fucking study Phenomenology and Edmund Husserl first mr.attorney.

The best introduction to Being and Time is by Lee Braver if you're new to Heidegger. What I did was read the original work and then commentaries. I can provide more depth if you're interested?

cringe

Heidegger and everyone who followed him is a philosophical dead-end. There's nothing of value to be gleaned from his insights.

Notice how everyone is posturing rather than explaining Heidegger, this is because Being and Time is one of the hardest works of philosophy ever written. It's not supposed to be easy

archive.org/details/Philosophy_185_Fall_2007_UC_Berkeley

It would take forever too that's why. It's not that difficult, there's more difficult philosophers to read like Hegel and Laruelle.

It’s because Heidegger’s work amounts to nothing more than posturing.

I didn't believe in anything Heidegger wrote, but I read him to see what the fuss was about and found little. The earth and world duality in his aesthetics essay is possibly the worst thing I've ever read, serious charlatan aura about it.

I'm a brainlet and I managed to read it and understand the fundamentals, I have much greater difficulty with Fichte, Hegel etc. The key to understanding Heidegger is to grasp the terminology he uses, once you understand that you should be right

The way I was told to understand it was that we need to first understand question hes trying to answer. He lays that out in the Introduction leading up to Part 1. Read that a few times. Drill that into yourself. Dont try and understand everything the first time.

If you're not reading it in german, there is no point in it. Heidegger's work is vitally dependent upon grammatical structure of the germn language.

I'm a janitor now. I'd be surprised if you have ever even done it for free. Let me know when you have the capacity to get your janitor application accepted. Until then, I'll let you make smug comments on 4channel to help your ego. I know incels have all day to ponder about things.

I’m a partner now. I’d be surprised if you had even a lowly associate attorney’s salary. Let me know when you have the capacity to communicate with people outside of Yea Forums and bring new clients to the firm. Until then, I’ll let you make smug comments on Yea Forums to help your ego. I know incels have all day long to ponder things.

just read the words one at a time dude. reread the book as many times as it takes or until you give up.

I've heard Richard Polt's introduction to Heidegger's thought is extremely comprehensive and accessible.

second this recommendation

I'm a father now. I'd be surprised if you had anything above a eunuch's sperm count. Let me know when you have the capacity to impregnate a woman and bring new humans into the world. Until then, I'll let you make smug comments on 4chant to help your ego. I know incels have all day long to ponder things.

Attached: JL1_9420.jpg (792x528, 201K)

Primary
>Aristotle
Important
>Plato
>Leibniz
>Kant
>Nietzsche
>Husserl
Supplementary
>New Testament
>Augustine
>Kierkegaard
>Wilhelm Dilthey
>Max Scheler

The best introduction to any thinker is to read books/lectures by them on previous philosophers that you are especially familiar with. Also read one SEoP article every day; besides the main Heidegger article, the one on his "aesthetics" is a good place to start.

>tfw German and don't really give a fuck about Heildegger
I'll stick to Neetsche, Wittgenstein and literally everyone else aside from that weak political puppet. It doesn't matter to me that he was supporting or working for the Nazis, I just think there is no integrity in what he did and I think you can't betray your ideals and values like that.

ayyyy lamoa

this may help you

Attached: 51WO0hvcpfL.jpg (320x500, 35K)

T800 taken down by EBT-1000
youtu.be/7jh4ejHmB6Q