What should I read after Kant's three Critiques before I get into Hegel's Phenomenology of the spirit?

What should I read after Kant's three Critiques before I get into Hegel's Phenomenology of the spirit?
How much Fichte, Schelling, Hegel's previous works, lesser known idealists such as Meimon, Rheinhold, Schulze?
>I've already read Jacobi

Attached: 1535766664057.jpg (960x1280, 78K)

>tfw no gf

Not really interested in Schopenhauer.

Read Hegel's lectures

She'd probably be a nag anyway--always on your case about punctuality or the kids or the house, not to mention having to worry about growing old together and dying in the arms of the only woman for whom you'd ever laid bare your hope and final fears. Heh. Dodged a bullet I guess.

Heraclitus, Aristotle, Böhme

>Böhme
>just read his wikipedia
wtf.
which works did Hegel care about the most, do you know?

Just read Hegel and the Hermetic tradition

Bohme - Aurora
Swedenborg - Heaven and Hell
Kant - Prolegomena to any future metaphysic
Schelling - Philosophical inquiries into the nature of human freedom
Goethe - Sorrows of young werthe

you know you need me

Attached: kojeve.jpg (278x278, 18K)

Kojeve should be read after Hegel before transitioning to contemporary French thought.

I think I had a dream about this girl last night but that is all I can tell you.
Don't bother reading Kant btw. It's universally regarded as a waste of time.

I thought about reading them simultaneously.

>Goethe - Sorrows of young werthe
Serious question on this:
Why is german romanticism so important to Hegel's philosophical work?
I have read Goethe and some Schiller.
Is there a specific author Hegel focuses on besides these two?

Attached: ID004189_C153_KbgBildnisKant.jpg (512x768, 411K)

Hamann, Metacritique of the Purism of Reason

>Swedenborg - Heaven and Hell
I don’t understand how this is relevant

I suppose that's fine as long as you read other secondary works like Hyppolite to round out your education. Kojeve also borrows heavily from Marx and Heidegger which might be confusing.

Phenomenology of Spirit is the bildungsroman of Geist.

Sturm und Drang is a reaction or protest against the Enlightenment.

Basically the anti-enlightenment movement is connected to German romanticism and the writers and poets of that period loved the ideas that could be defined as nationalism before it went to shit, manifested in Herder. For example, it is rumored that Herder was the model for Goethe's Faust.

Kant went against Herder and called out his unclear writing. Goethe and Schiller or probably everyone of value has read Kant. Goethe was a full liberal. Schiller and other writers like Novalis, not so much (or at least a little bitter), because they were occupied by France at the time. Mix in the French revolution, questions about history, society, knowledge, national identity and tons of other things and you get a big connected pile of garbage.

I've yet to find out where Hegel fits into this, but I think you've a general idea. I don't think it's necessary about Hegel talking directly about Goethe and Schiller, but the influence and spread of the ideas that were going on at the time, because, if I remember correctly, Hegel borrows some things from Herder.

A fun fact for the end: Goethe and Hegel knew each other personally.

P.S. I'm not studying this. I stumbled upon it by picking up books without knowing what they are about. So call me out if I'm talking shit, I'll probably get corrected in the next book I pick up.

Youthful underage Jezbel. I want to lick your sweet little cunt while you are leaning against the table, trying to stifle your moans of pleasure in order to not attract the attention of your parents. Yes, I am here only for ‘homework’.

it's sort of like asking "why is late 19th century science so important to einstein's theory of relativity," it's his whole milieu

the first chapter of charles taylor's Hegel would be a good crash course. that and beiser's book (also called Hegel) are good. i would read beiser's Fate of Reason and Struggle Against Subjectivism before reading hegel.

they all knew each other pretty intimately, being friends roommates and occasional cuckolds of one another in jena and weimar.

the french revolution was received more ambivalently by the jena and weimar groups. mostly supportive at first. the overall desire was to do what france had done, but in a native german way, and as time went on, the ideal became to do it from the top down.

goethe is weird because he's basically romantic but he repudiated the label.

beiser is good for all this stuff too.