Atheism and lit

Joyce? Kafka? Nabokov? every Japanese Author?

What is it about atheism that makes you an infinitely better writer?

Attached: vladdy.jpg (600x315, 35K)

good thread you worthless fucking moron

It's not atheism, since there are many great Christian writers. Genius knows no creed.

Creativity comes from God.

Attached: country priest scene.jpg (428x351, 30K)

Because it's impossible to think rationally when you believe a big ol' skydaddy is looking over you.

>Joyce
He struggled with Catholicism, but there's no proof he became a full blown atheist.
>every Japanese author
Since when is Buddhism considered atheism?

what a retarded thread
might as well roll

Attached: wizard roll.jpg (1526x2616, 1.01M)

I live in Japan, and don't know a single theist. Also I think you are mistaken, as Shintoism is the religion of Japan not Buddhism.

Attached: 35258.jpg (200x232, 13K)

Dante was Catholic, Milton was Protestant, Dostoevsky was Orthodox, and all of them were extremely devout.

>I live in Japan, and don't know a single theist.
Alright, but modern Japanese peasants don't have anything to do with the great Japanese authors of the 20th century.

fiction isn't necessarily rational

>I live in Japan, and don't know a single theist.
And? That's totally irrelevant to the current discussion.
Rolling.

I mean if you were to do like 5 minutes of research, you would realize all these 20th century greats where not religious.

But did any of them officially renounce religion? Did any of them claim to be atheists?

>He struggled with Catholicism, but there's no proof he became a full blown atheist.
this.
Also, he was once a catholic and his knowledge of theology was extensive.
I'll respect any atheist that knows THAT much about theology. He knew his bible, his aristotle, his augustine, his tomas aquinas inside out.

you listed three boring hacks lmao

And the relevance of that is? An atheist is anyone who does not believe in fairy tails.

>20th century
>"greats"

lmao cringe

Worldly enlightenment outside of religion

The greats of the 20th century.

the only great of the 20th century were either christians like eliot or weird esotericists like yeats. nabokov and jovce are both hacks and their works are literally infantile, forced, pretentious, derived, and boring. they lack any justification for their works beyond "i wanna look smart with rare works and jerk myself off literarily for the esteem of people i hate around me", gay retards and perverts

>Eliot
>great

Attached: 1555919847109.png (597x418, 132K)

I guess it is expected that the low IQ required to be religious comes with the incapability to understand literature.

me atheist
me so smart =)
sory religios cucks !!!
LMAO @ GOD
PRAISE KEK

Attached: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (800x482, 32K)

>thinking Joyce was an atheist
>counting Nabokov, who shat on Dostoevsky
You have to go back.

cringe

Ur country is sad

Rollin

If your whole philosophical outlook on reality is born of you wanting to feel intelligent, you probably aren’t

>to be fair you have to have a very high iq o understand rick and morty

Attached: 1550788037203.png (657x539, 110K)

>big ol' skydaddy is looking over you
What is panentheism?

0/10. Go back to /r/atheism, kiddo.

Attached: bait-lowquality.jpg (224x225, 7K)

The vast majority of great pre-20th-century authors were religious and many of the greats of the 20th-century (e.g., T. S. Eliot, Flannery O'Connor, Hermann Hesse) also held religious beliefs. Also, Joyce wasn't an atheist and not every Japanese author was an atheist. So that just leaves Nabokov, and there are religious Russian authors that mop the floor with him (e.g., Fyodor Dostoevsky, Leo Tolstoy). Stay mad, fedora tipper.

Attached: tips.jpg (469x463, 53K)

>Joyce?
Not an atheist
>Nabokov
Not an atheist

Nobody can be a true atheist. If they were, the dread of their cessation of existence would cause them to commit suicide, or live extremely shallow, hedonistic lives. Sadly, many atheists do kill themselves when they are forced to finally accept their own mortality. Maybe this is why atheists are so vocal about their beliefs, that maybe if they shout loud enough they can drown out that existential dread and the thoughts of their impending total death.

Attached: jkk.png (470x298, 17K)