Any Japanese philosopher?

Any Japanese philosopher?

Attached: 21049-004-80445746.jpg (230x300, 10K)

Japanese is not a good language for philosophy.

Yes herro you want enrightenment?

Language density too low.

Wasn't Heidegger a fanboy of Kyoto school?

and vice versa

>Kyoto school
>Kyoto University that assimilated western philosophy and religious ideas and used them to reformulate religious and moral insights unique to the East Asian cultural tradition.

Yeah ? I don't think so

Kyoto School are based. They're a mix of Kierkegaard and Heidegger with the more obscure and mystical parts of Japanese Buddhism

What does this have to do with philosophical capability?

Everything.

Hiroki Azuma is a popular modern philosopher who writes a bunch on digital democracy and weeb culture

Attached: images (1).jpg (240x240, 17K)

Seriously. this guy is right.

the japanese dont need "philosophy" because everthing they make is philosophy. see gurren lagann, madoka
no need to make 1000 page books that could be explained in 20 when u can convey ur philosophy through fiction

deep inquisitive reply user

go watch gurren lagann and then come back and thank me for show u true philosphy

Dogen, Moon in a Dewdrop is a good collection of his writings. Though he migrated to china, he was born in Japan.

nah i'd rather watch gaogaigar or getter robo armageddon for the same thing but actually good

>Everything is possible
>Never give up
>You mean we are gonna need a bigger drill?
Deep.

Maruyama Masao is the starter modern Japanese Philosophy.

Start with the Kyoto school. Better brush up on your Germans first tho. Keiji Nishitani to start then move onto the big boy Kitaro Nishida.

Do your own research pewds

You faggot would eat even shit if it came from Japan.
Lil fucking cunts, suck a japanese pencil dick .

Legend of Galactic Heroes, Texhnolyze, End of Evangelion, Lain, Angel's Egg, Ghost in the Shell, Berserk, YKK and Oyasumi Punpun.

those are anime

u forgot japans national epic and magnus opus GURREN LAGANN

Nope, no grammar.

what?
I think that's a mongoloid, don't you agree ?

no thats me(watashi)
he seema pretty based and a man of culture dint u agreee

No I think you're give too much worth to a show intended for teens

bro u just dont get it
i could almost write a paper on this but ill just say this
do the impossible
see the invisble
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
touch the untouchable
break the unbreakable
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
its the national epic of humanity no the national epic of LIFE
if u dont get it u must still be underground scared for ur life
start drilling and jeep drilling even if it you own grave ur digging and one day ull get out

Care to explain? Genuinely curious.

its bullshit
proof by contradiction: watch gurren lagann

ROW ROW, a misinterpretation by classic Yea Forums schoolars brought about from the few times the theme ran on the site which has since entered popular language

Based answers

chatto matte

Aside from contemporary philosophy, Japanese philosophy at an early period was deeply entwined with religious philosophy. Dogen and Shinran I would say are my two favorites.
Read Masao Abe's Zen and Western Thought to see Dogen's ontology in western philosophic terms and how he stacks against western philosophers (Whitehead, Nietzsche, Spinoza are just a few Abe discusses if I recall correctly). Good book for people who don't want to particularly read the shobogenzo.