Is the fox really in the wrong for thinking that way?

Is the fox really in the wrong for thinking that way?

Attached: Le_renard_et_les_raisins_1900.jpg (600x610, 265K)

This is the exact reason why Yea Forums hates women.

No grapes are awesome, the fox is wrong. Proof: try some grapes. Or raisins. Or wine. Or anything good.

this guy fucks

Just because he's a loser doesn't mean you get to call him a renard

I never quite realized how delightful this poem was before.
>it is not that he fails, or that he can't reach, but that the bunch escapes
>the grapes, not yet ripe, leave him sour
>the longing is not the taste
>to know, you must have it in its own time
Probably obvious to you all, but these are things I liked which I had not noticed before.

Grapes are poisonous to foxes.

hon hon

Technically yes, but deciding that the grapes are probably sour lets him move on and go after something he can actually get.

surely the fox can find some other grapes, they grow literally everywhere in that part of the world

I don't know this particular nursery rhyme translation but what you're attributing as thematic content is just the result of it being made to rhyme (rather coarsely.) In the early variants the grapes don't 'escape', they are simply stationary and out of reach. The fox doesn't go away sour; the fox goes away saying the grapes aren't ripe therefore doesn't want any (clearly to make itself feel better.)

>the longing is not the taste
>to know, you must have it in its own time

That's not the implication. You have to make a personal leap to come up with that. Sounds like something an gummy old Greek immigrant would say to sound all wise and shit as he sits all day outside a cafe propped up by his cane drinking wine desu.

If the cope actually helps him move on then its fine.

It's understandable for fox to be bitter if other foxes have easier access to grapes closer to the ground.

Attached: BuriedFox.png (873x568, 450K)

I've always hated this being compared to incels, because incels aren't really trying to convince others of anything but also because they still want sex, it's such a forced comparison.

Something I think people overlook when analyzing this fable is the fox's reputation for trickery. In saying the grapes are probably sour, he is insulting the vine and thus challenging it to prove him wrong. He's not consoling himself after a bitter defeat, but exhibiting that trademark vulpine cunning.

What likely happened is that Aesop himself became so ass-blasted at seeing a fox trick a vine into giving up grapes (which he himself wanted but couldn't reach either) that he wrote this fable to console himself at being outsmarted by a fox.

but im too short to reach the grapes. fuck grapes. they are bad, and fuck you

Applies more to incels that claim to be volcels

I'd reach them for you user

The skin of grapes is, I believe, good for male hormones

>too short
No such thing you just need to climb better foxy

I thought you were trying to call all incels volcels

Grapes tend to be mushy and not juicy. need to try them to know if they are good. fox was just curious.

soft grapes are the fucking worst
nothing is more disappointing

if the belief is internalized it doesn't matter why it was initially adopted. being in denial doesn't work as you haven't convinced yourself

Eat grapes, fox

Foxes are a very aesthetically pleasing species. It's a joy to the eye and the mind that they merely exist.

I grow grapes in my fields, I'll be happy to give you as much grapes as you want Fox-chan and all of you user are welcome

grapes suck. me and fox eat real food like meat

Manlets BTFO by ancient fables, based. The fox is wrong because it's a foxlet.

Nicely worded, delightful to read and absurdly retarded. Things like this is why I come to Yea Forums.

glad you're enjoying yourself, reditor

>try some grapes. Or raisins
Explain the difference

I sell them you nigger and I make my own wine too, now you can suck on these nuts, you and the damn fox

It's a reasonable method of coping.

Sunshine

The fox has never tasted grapes so he is objectively correct

Grape Laffy Taffy?