youtube.com/watch?v=AsIjyJvhR9A
youtube.com/watch?v=TTHF2Dfw1Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=SKrZdvqzAEc
youtube.com/watch?v=9RMZSU07gts
youtu.be/Wql_0fO25hI
youtube.com/watch?v=wXd0QcTR5_M&t=9s
noisli.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 81296-SqlzL._SX522_.jpg (522x518, 74K)

>the conductor's name is bigger than the composer's
Gross!

I quite like Lustmord, especially when reading Lovecraft.

For me? It's anything by Lorde

I can't listen to music while reading. It's better to put on some white noise, or if I need "music" I'd listen to "Music for airports" by Brian Eno.

There is no such thing as background music. Anything that can be listened to in that way is absolute garbage.

not an album but i listen to a local chinese radio station, lots of chinks where i live. they play mainly smooth instrumental music of many kinds, there's a fair bit of talking but it's in chinese so i can't understand it therefore am not distracted.

based

None, just read you brainlet

Yea Forums here with some entry level ambient
youtube.com/watch?v=sfWV4rNB6KE
youtube.com/watch?v=AsIjyJvhR9A
youtube.com/watch?v=TTHF2Dfw1Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=SKrZdvqzAEc
youtube.com/watch?v=9RMZSU07gts

Any background sound which you notice (for the better or worse) is detracting from your reading.

One does not read an album. One listens to it.

Factually true. Not even gonna meme 'based xD' or anything, if you listen to music while reading it's a) shit music b) you're neither really listening nor reading either way the following holds c) you're a consumerist pleb

>He's never heard of ambient

Attached: 1550114633400.png (253x235, 78K)

so none of you autists ever listen to music while reading Yea Forums?

good ambient music is worthy of active listening

ash ra - new age of earth
popol vuh - in dem garten pharaos
software - chip meditation 1
software - chip meditation 2

Attached: popol_vuh.jpg (1470x1470, 1.18M)

But the entire point is that you can choose the depth of your engagement. You can and should listen to it actively but it can also just be played in the background.

anything by gas is top tier background music

worthy yes but that's not really its primary function

Attached: 3488701.png (600x600, 1.53M)

I find this works with almost anything

>tfw tinnitus and can never enjoy reading in silence ever again

This. Even sleeping is difficult.

Yes, I have heard of 'shit music', your point?

Attached: 1472117502484.jpg (400x300, 131K)

A white noise generator is the only thing any non-retard listens to while reading. Actual white noise, not stupid ass nature sounds and shit.

This is some advanced autism. I can listen to Mozart actively or as background music.

I only listen to real music
youtu.be/Wql_0fO25hI

Doubt it.

Absolutely true.
Good music captivates, distracting from reading. Even shitty music is a distraction.

Can we all at least agree that classical music sucks and it's listeners are pretentious?

That's not objectively true. There is a lot of great music that is not meant to be the centre of attention. How about movie soundtracks, when music plays do you suddenly lose all attention to film and just focus on solely the music? Doesn't make sense

Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz, Sunday at the Vanguard
Any of the music from Jeremy Soule who made the music for Elder Scrolls and Guild Wars

>pretentious contrarian calls people pretentious
Epic

Based

For me, its got to be the ambient sounds of wherever I am reading. Doesnt need to be silence, but I cant stand music played directly into my ears

the obvious answer

Attached: 0Davis-Miles-In-A-Silent-Way.jpg (1406x1393, 287K)

Mallsoft such as Hantasi Vacant Places

don't read and listen to music simultaneously.

Why not
What will you do to stop me

We get it, you have autism and any small sonic disturbance breaks your concentration. Not all of us are that way

I have to retract my opinio in part, after listening in to the popol vuh rec of some previous user. This is actually very enjoyable, the very slowly shifting sonic shapes of the music and its low expressivity facilitate a kind of tuning out of the music and tuning into something else, or letting your mind wander. Perfect to listen to while doing some light lit browsing and shitposting. But never could I read serious material, fiction or non fiction stuff along with it; likewise I couldn't even keep shitposting if youtube started to autoplay Beethoven's 9th subsequently.

i will pray to god to save your soul.
>alexa, play ambient radio

if you're actually reading books in 2019, when all sorts of drugs screens and fornicational options, or combinations of those, are readily available to you, then you definitely suffer from some form of autism. So what, though?

I just put on really good music that fits the mood of the book that I've already heard countless times so that it can completely fade into the background

I just put on Bob Ross videos on autoplay on youtube and turn down the volume till the only sounds my brain makes out are just soft, low unintelligible mumbles. Everything else distracts my ADHD ass.

For me, it's Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2
youtube.com/watch?v=wXd0QcTR5_M&t=9s

Attached: 1529591292079.gif (758x696, 102K)

P.laoss - landscapes & machines

Get a fan or open the window

Kvist - For kunsten maa vi evig vike

Stars of the Lid, Basinski’s Water Music

most of Eno’s ambient stuff works for me.

I found pic related rather disappointing

noisli.com/
I prefer sounds of nature
Or ambience of my PCs running

Attached: 1538402805944.gif (1152x1152, 2.55M)

>you know what fuck Comey Island

Attached: 220px-Liftyrskinnyfists.jpg (220x220, 22K)

When I read Brothers Karamasov, I listened to Catholic/Orthodox chants

I only listen to music while reading manga

interesting choice. i wouldn't immediately choose bm for my reading, but i'm glad this one works for you