Stop reading Proust

stop reading Proust

Attached: Cormac-McCarthy.jpg (727x1090, 158K)

no u

>corncob "tortilla" yecarthy
literally r*ddit the author

greatest living American author. Could certainly be debated as the greatest ever American author

agreed. Fuck Pynchon

I agree but all american authors are dogshit. Saying he's the best of them is like saying he is the tastiest turd or the tallest pygmy.

melville, james, poe, dickinson, etc are good.

no

yes, trust me and i hate burgers probably more than anyone on this board, but saying they have no good authors is beyond retarded

yes

you think poe is good and yet you are calling others "beyond retarded"?
Oh this is just too good

Attached: 1b0.jpg (680x499, 48K)

>tallest pygmy
Based subtle Thoreau reference

ok let's hear your reasons for why he's bad. i bet they're cringe as fuck

I'm not even American but I'll never understand the hate you people have for their literature.

Steinbeck and Hemingway are alright too.

Poe wrote some good short stories. And he influenced a wide variety of people ranging from Lovecraft, Borges, Cortázar, Baudelaire, etc.

i don't like steinbeck, personally, but i agree on hemingway. i put an etc on my list because im obv not going to name everyone

>please spend your precious time on the meme shitposting website educating burgers and spoonfeeding them about their own mediocrity
How about you're not entitled to debate with a superior mind like me? You've already disqualified yourself smoothbrain.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Attached: samushotdog.png (649x655, 616K)

ill take that as a concession of my point

Yes there are no doubt a plethora of things you'll never understand. Feel free to chime in whenever one of them inevitably comes up.

Take it however you want, Cletus. I bid you good day.

No he didn't and Lovecraft is shit. The others were being sarcastic when they said Poe was an influence. Being american I wouldn't expect you to understand sarcasm.

Certainly there are more good American authors than Brits, and the Brits have 1000+ years more of history. Quite pathetic literary culture

even if the brits had no one but shakespeare and americans had one million melvilles, the brits would still win. and i love melville

I think we can all agree that all anglos are subhuman dogs and incapable of producing anything that would qualify as art.

>The others were being sarcastic when they said Poe was an influence.
Baudelaire famously translated Poe to French. Cortázar translated him to Spanish. Borges included The Gold Bug in a compilation called "Memorable Tales According to Borges" and wrote several essays on Poe. So, yeah, "sarcasm". And I'm not even American. Americans wouldn't even know this shit.

>So, yeah, "sarcasm".
it was obviously a highly elaborate joke. they all conspired to make it seem like they actually like poe in order that user could btfo you in an internet argument on may 19th 2019 you've fallen right into their trap

>Baudelaire famously translated Poe to French. Cortázar translated him to Spanish.
they only did that so people could laugh at him in their own language. Borges was a freak though.

>when you get BTFO by facts so bad you ran out of arguments and things to say.
Cringe. 2/10 bait. Try again.

t. illiterate discord tranny.
dilate

I don't get this Poe is really good in both poetry and prose.

the anti-poe user is a contrarian retard who just wants to bash everything american because he's in the mood for a pointless internet argument. he's probably never even read poe

>le raven
>fucking epic poetry doesn't get better than this
cringe

it's just faggots still upset over goth kids from 2008

Nobody even said this, retard. Who are you quoting?

Just stop reading entirely

>he doesn't know how meme arrows work
Are you fresh off the boat from reddit, kid?

Poe is literally plebbit

That's not at all how they work, retard. Fuck off with your platitudes and dishonesty, you cocksucking clown.

>evrything I don't like is le plebbit xDD

Attached: 1555919847109.png (597x418, 132K)

>mommy mommy he made fun of my meme edgy author on le 4channel
Oh my god are you actually crying right now?

so what if im crying, faggit? at least im able to feel emotion unlike you fucking cocksucking clown

I never began. I'm not big into Jews.