Any literature on how to handle fear...

Any literature on how to handle fear? I live in a third world country where violence is widespread (all the way from petty crimes to violent homicide). I'm also a poor individual that doesn't own a car. I can't leave my house without fearing for my life, specially after 6PM. Whenever a family member has to come home late I sweat profusely, get shaky hands and sleepiness.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? how would you get over it?

Attached: hell.png (954x477, 868K)

Where the fuck do you live user?

You could use some zen
Wishing you the best, user

Somewhere that looks like the pic I posted. Why do you ask?

quit being a pussy

Obviously Brazil.

How? I've always somehow avoided getting shot or mugged, despite my shitty conditions, so I was never personally exposed to it. I've personally seen people getting killed, robbed and intimidated though, and got paralyzed on the spot.

if it wasn't for the "street" name it could be anywhere in rural redneck america

Attached: 27.144277-Okeechobee-FL-2008-2011-Custom-2.jpg (1442x900, 182K)

You have to accept your death and mortality. You will die. You WILL die. Once you accept it you will stop being such a pussy. Death/pain/injury isn't as big a deal as your brain tells you it is.

there is nothing to fear but fear itself

you have to get in a fight and realize it's not that bad. Recieving a beating isn't the end of the world, despite what liberals would have you believe

"not being a pussy'' in some environments will get you killed pretty quickly

Death doesn't bother me as much as the pain and horror that comes beforehand. The idea of being chased by a small man on flip-flops -- simply because he wants your belongings -- is what causes fear. I usually leave my house around 6AM to go to Uni and, afterwards, work. If I didn't have people that I care about it wouldn't be such a hassle to live here.

Attached: thugs.jpg (700x273, 146K)

Being a pussy means you deserve to die. This world has no place for cowards or the weak.

That is the point of my post. How would you stop being a pussy without exposing yourself or your loved ones to imminent danger?

Getting in a fight is a huge risk, though. There are many ways it could become fatal or end up costing you significantly. You can only hope that you're forced into one that ends well for you

But life IS pain and horror. I guess you might be right about needing to be exposed to it. I think honestly nothing but exposing yourself to fear will get you used to it and able to get over it.

Try doing progressively scarier things?

k why don't you go to OP's neighborhood and get in a fight with the gangbangers

I could probably take on a thug, easily. I'm a big lad and in decent shape. But what after that? he has friends, they could break into my house, rape my sister, mother and wife. I don't have a firearm, since it is quite expensive and not easily acessible. Being exposed to danger is deadly here, but I'm tired of living in fear. It makes me angry that I can't exist in relative peace of mind.

You protect yourself and your loved ones.
you're both pussies who have probably never been in a fight. If I wanted I could take everything you owned and you wouldn't even try to stop me.

yeah but you couldn't take everything the gangbangers have could you? Which is the point of this thread you delusional little man

>you're both pussies who have probably never been in a fight
What makes you say that?

Maybe I could, maybe I couldn't. But I don't let other people intimidate me. I would die fighting before I let them steal from me or threaten my family.

isso aí é viadage kkkk (também conhecido como paranoia, conversa com um psiquiatra). eu fiquei assim por um tempo depois que um cara botou uma arma na minha cabeça pra levar meu celular. depois de ser assaltado outras vezes, eu perdi o medo e fiquei de boas. é só tu não reagir que tu não vai morrer. já fui assaltado por cara noiado e não tinha nada pra entregar e mesmo assim a unica coisa que fizeram foi me xingar e saírem correndo atras do cara do outro lado da calçada.
Infelizmente o universo não é tão gentil e tu não vai morrer agora, merdestino. Vamos sobreviver por ainda muito tempo; teremos tempo e mais tempo de ver essa "nação" afundar ainda mais.

Man, i am also brazilian, i live in the same situation. You know you cant do nothing about it. I know that. You delude yourself or face reality. Thats it. If you see somebody get shot you are going to feel fear, you fear for your family, thats natural. The only thing you have to be sure is that you are doing your best to get the fuck out of there, dont come saying that its impossible because you are poor, doenst matter, you keep trying.
Its not the whole country that is like that, there are places you can find refuge in. You will not find the solution for everything in books.
Good Luck

shut up cuck

Where am i wrong?

you're a pussy

What happens after 6PM? Or do you just mean sundown? Something ominous about the way you say 6PM

Nah, there ain't anywhere like that in Brazil.

youre not wrong there's just some would be tough guy larping in this thread because he can't handle the fact that there are situations and environments in which he could do nothing but bow out or get himself killed, leaving his family more destitute than before or even in greater danger as retaliation if he managed to hurt the people

>é só tu não reagir que tu não vai morrer

Vai nessa. Perdi a conta de relatos sobre como o bandidinho atirou de graça.

when they robbed you they took more than your money, they got away with your dignity and balls as well

I bet you voted for hilary

looks comfy

Is sex tourism still a thing? I would like to visit, but I dont wanna to be violently murdered by some random criminals for being dumb western tourist

How so? because i dont think i can handle a gang with assault rifles? because i dont think i cant fight two armed guys? I am sure you know everything about the situation of the violence in brazil, everybody can only have fucking hope, not guns, not security, HOPE. Go to Liveleaks you are going to see a lot of men with big balls getting shot in the head because of a 50 dollar phone

he obviously meant sundown but nice post anyway

literature isn't self-help
"any books for..." should not gire anons an absolute licence to post glorified blogposts.

I'm sorry you're afraid but fuck off

this thread is at the very least a variation from 'i am sad and le gf'

If by sex turism you mean a street prostitute with hiv positive, yeah its still a thing

god damn I can smell the soi radiating from your sloppy pussy.

I hope your countrymen put you out of your misery coward. Read Nietzsche. The weak should fear the strong.

Brasil? Somos dois.

>all these sheltered suburban fags telling him to toughen up

I grew up in a rough area, albeit in the first world so it pales in comparison to the real shitholes of the world. Books aren't going to help you. You need to learn several things.

1. Carry a weapon. This should be obvious. If you can't find a gun, a simple knife will suffice.

2. Look mean. This also should be obvious. Don't appear victimizable. Predatory individuals watch someone's body language to size them up.

3. Don't disrespect the most violent members of the society. Most violent crime is drug/gang related. Simply respect their turf, avoid them, and don't involve yourself in their activities.

4. Lift weights/bulk up to look more menacing

5. Learn to fight if you can.

6. Don't carry lots of cash on you. This should be easy since you're poor

user, you need to become the feared one. Arm yourself, and hire some muscle. If someone crosses you then execute their entire family and hang their bodies in the street for the public to view.

lmaaaaaaao, imagine this shit here in Brazil. it would basically be:
>Carry a weapon. This should be obvious. If you can't find a gun, a simple knife will suffice.
Favelado kills you because he notices the gun's bulge
>Look mean. This also should be obvious
Favelado kills you because you're looking at him in the wrong way
>Don't disrespect the most violent members of the society. Most violent crime is drug/gang related. Simply respect their turf, avoid them, and don't involve yourself in their activities.
Favelado kills you because you're a pussy.
>Lift weights/bulk up to look more menacing
Favelado kills you because you're a "playboy". They hate buffed muscular dudes because it's normally a sign you have some money. Most of them are malnourished.
>5. Learn to fight if you can.
>tries to disarm favelado
>favelado shoots you

>6. Don't carry lots of cash on you. This should be easy since you're poor
Favelado kills you because he's mad that you have no money.

Attached: 1553899348015.jpg (258x245, 60K)

I was thinking of teaching English in Brazil, I have a contact. I'm a weak white bread suburban kid. How quickly am I going to get killed?

Mano, a solução é inibir a humanidade do globo terrestre. Essa é a fita.

Depends on where you're going. I can only speak from experience in Rio, which's good because Rio is also most commonly feared, and i can say that most of the time the fears have a base but are somewhat exagerated. If you don't go thrill seeking in some favela or whatever, they probably won't touch you. If you stick to the center and tourist friendly areas, they also probably won't touch you(though mugging is common for everybody, but the chance of you getting murdered on a normal street is low). Get a good local friend to guide and you won't have any problem. In general, just avoid favelas and stick to your friends and you'll probably have a blast. Tons of latina and wealthy white pussy for you, friend.

My countrymen are too busy dying and killing. I dont doubt they would do that though. After all i am supposed to accept everything this country gives to me right?
They fucking take my freedom saying they will protect me, then they shoot me from the back. They make impossible to make business, because oh the government should run the economy. They take half my income with taxes to subsidize fucking faggots and commies in the federal universities.
Coward? Hahhahahahahahah. Nice one. I will be the coward alive without scars of bullets in my body

You're truly stupid if you can't recognize the potential danger. That has nothing to do with courage

i grew up on the mean streets of oxfordshire so i can probably help you out here. actually i think things like courage come from your ancestry, BUT the pianist arthur rubinstein grew up in poland when there were pogroms. and as a schoolboy he had to run away from the cossacks who beat up the population & he learned he must build up courage & be brave & made his life motto 'nie dam sie' (i will not give in). and he was never really afraid of anything at all.

Brasil Is not that bad, get over it
t.venezuelan

true, but its pretty bad

You are a fat white American

Im in the same situation senpai, i even know some violent savages because i bought weed once, and even thoufh my uni is near and have to walk very little i still fear being mugged.

>I can't leave my house without fearing for my life
This is so fucked up. I'm pretty sure I could cope with a fair level of deprivation, but the idea of being surrounded by violence just seems like the worst kind of life. I've been to some pretty poor parts of China, and that's the opposite- sure there's poverty, but there was really never a feeling of threat.

Is Belford Roxo the most Yea Forums city do mundo?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 1.08M)

Voce e um vagabundo e um communishta. Viva a deetadura!

>I grew up in a rough area, albeit in the first world so it pales in comparison to the real shitholes of the world
some US neighbourhoods are more dangerous than warzones but
oh you said first world, sorry

Just go to sao paulo, it's by far the safest city in brazil, a lot safer than detroit or some shitty US cities.

nice

Attached: 1548178349129.jpg (263x292, 11K)

looks better than eastern europe desu

>Rua Nero
What did they mean by this?

>some US neighbourhoods are more dangerous than warzones
I don't believe this

Sweden

Were you rich before or something? I live in a nice place now but people here feel more afraid of walking at night than where I grew up which was a war zone at times.
>doesn't own a car
Isn't that normal though? Wouldn't it be worse if you owned a car because everyone comes to your house to get the car? That happens if you have a bike where I grew up, people come by to say deliver this or I need your bike, and I've never been to a third world place where owning a car was normal. Especially not for poor fags. Maybe read memoirs from where you're from, any ones I know would just tell you owning a car makes you a target.

Some cities have had murder rates of over 50 per 100,000 thousand people. Even over 20 is pretty dangerous. The trade off is that they're usually smaller cities. Some residents of high crime areas reportedly suffer from ptsd.

Getting into fights isn't protecting your family. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, and decisively ending conflicts when unavoidable is how you protect yourself and others. Stop larping. Have s*x

You would die fighting and leave your family defenseless against the people you enraged.

He's a stupid American LARPer. I say this as a nonstupid American who has Brazilian friends and is very not stupid

Wouldn't violence come mostly from gangs and people who interact with them? If you're just some poor cunt, why would anyone bring attention to themselves by randomly killing you. You're just part of the scenery.

user you can die from a single punch, fights are that bad especially in places like this where you will get jumped for any amount of money or just because you looked at someone wrong.

frig off lahey

i grew up in the suburbs of one of the united states' wealthiest counties. let me teach you some things i've learned that helped me survive:
1. never call a black man the N word. i saw my friend do this, and the black man gave my friend a dirty look.
2. when buying weed, they're gonna charge you $20 for a dimebag when really it's worth anywhere from 5 to 10 dollars. NEVER argue with your dealer. this is a terrible idea. they'll say, "what, bro, you think i'm trying to rip you off?" and that will hurt your feelings. they just want to help you get high.
3. cops are never your friend. those pigs will ruthlessly try to imprison you or charge you with ridiculous crimes. AND use extreme and unnecessary force. unless you're white.
4. lastly, never ever live in a third world country because they suck.
i hope this helps, OP. best of luck

>a single punch
Maybe if you don't tuck your chin and you keep your head exposed like a retard.

lol i don't even see any niggers in that picture you pussy. read the iliad.

Fear is what you feel when someone is at the door or on your property being hostile, dread is what you're describing, the feeling that bad things could happen.

Literature isn't for dealing with fear or dread, it can describe it or evoke it though.

t. comfy, comfy heartless faggot, probably listening to ultra-masculine metal about dominance and glory while sitting on a clean pillow in a place with clean water every day of his life.

Yeah i had a student who told me about how his nose was broken by unemployed Russian soldiers in front of his girlfriend. All these fit, trained jerkoffs would roam the streets of his hometown at night drunk and just bash anyone they ran into. He was no pussy and basically everyone he knew had the 'never give up attitude'.

He was also mature enough to express how sure, everybody had the 'never say die' heart, but quite a few of them died. Wisdom is knowing confidence and attitude are just guesses.

The stoics are all about handling fear, especially the fear of death. Aurelius, Seneca, Epictetus.

St. Louis and Baltimore have pretty high murder rates.

>tfw you live in a country where people aren't constantly murdering each other
Feels good.

it still aint 1/10th of the favela

And that was his point. You'd die a useless death over nothing and get your family killed.

>mean streets of oxfordshire
More likely to get murdered in Oxford than anywhere desu
Though what are some books which explain why people would come on the literature section of a Bhutanese embroidery powwow and pretend they are so tough they would gladly be killed rather than let someone steal their phone

Attached: thaw-and-whately-982935.jpg (590x350, 50K)

internet warrior

Be one step ahead of the fear and kill yourself so they wont get to kill you. It is a perfect strategy, a final solution to temporary problem that is life.

Lift, get educated, leave your shit country.

It's higher than Rio de Janeiro

Jesus. Is living in Brazil really that dangerous?

Brazil isnt that bad.

>oxfordshire
wheres abouts? me too

Long term survival if you don't want to play it with raw gun strength? Make yourself "useful" in the street "economy". Fence stolen shit from fiends on ebay, be a sound tech guy in gang organized favela funk parties, that sort of thing. If you're useful, not taking sides, and most of moms vaguely know you, slums can be somewhat comfy.

It's always better just to GTFO the moment you can, tho.

bump

Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones. Our tongues can still taste an ice cold Coca-Cola®

Attached: 1993-Always-Cool.jpg (1920x2571, 683K)