Thoughts on ancient arab philosopher Averroè?

Attached: Averroe.jpg (500x625, 143K)

Averroes isn't ancient you fucking pleb

Wasn't he like medieval ?

Kebab philosophy is totally unknown to this board. The only person with some knowledge was Medieval user but we haven't seen him around in a long time.

Yesterday I bought The Incoherence of Incoherence for 7 bucks on a stand on the street, should I bother reading?

Uhm.. I guess so since you bought it.
Just told you most of us don't know shit about or at least I don't.

>To some people, Allah gave intelligence
>To others, he gave the Quran
he was based af

Sorry, I've only read Alhazred.

Basically coined the idea of the collective consciousness, proto-Hegelian as well.

Savage.

> but like, God must logically exist because things are just so perfectly suited and planned for human life so like, it's impossible that something so perfect couldn't be made also by a perfect planner!

Circular reasoning at its medieval Semitic finest. Why do people still reference these incredibly out of date and antiquated thinkers for anything more than historical posterity and curiosity? It's embarrassing.

Averroes and Aquinas and Anselm all just wrapped "logical proofs" for the existence of God in wordy, theological jargon-heavy, and intentionally cryptic pseudo argumentation in order to attempt to convince people of legitimacy and they're still fooling people with it today. Incredible.

this makes me hot

only knowledge i have is from a 30min podcast about him and other islamic philosophers. just read it.

Well, logic itself is circular, as it cannot be proven without assuming it. Logic might be an egregore.

Right, so when you double up and add in the absurdity of theological faith it's just double retarded.

I liked the short story Borges wrote about him: "Averroes's Search".

It lacks perspective created by the advancement of the scientific model - in fact, it became a ground for very, very conquering memes, such as materialism - which has nothing to do with reality.

Thank you. This is my point on both accounts, religious faith and formal structured "logic" have little relevance to actual reality as humans physically experience it, regardless of what individuals "want" to believe exists in their phenomenological field.

So I guess I shouldn't bother, I'm a retard also because I bought this book casually.

formerly spanish

Savage

Eh in Islamic thought, rationality leads to Islam the same way the Quran does... So it's not what you think

Cope.

Attached: 1cd5c0057d3c8a6d83f65e504b71b8d0_1.jpg (531x473, 34K)