Questions for Yea Forums

What books are worth reading?

How many books are worth reading?

Can you compile all worthwhile thought/insight/knowledge worth sharing into say one hundred books or more or less?

Does what you read determine your personality?

Is too much knowledge or influence bad?

Is there an optimal bookshelf, as in a list of books that teach all that someone would need to know to be a knowledgeable/thoughtful/compassionate/worldly/enlightened person?

Do you notice a difference between people who read books frequently and people who don't?

Attached: nocountryforoldmen.jpg (640x360, 31K)

>What books are worth reading?
the ones you find interesting
>How many books are worth reading?
as many as you like
>Can you compile all worthwhile thought/insight/knowledge worth sharing into say one hundred books or more or less?
no
>Does what you read determine your personality?
it's probably related
>Is too much knowledge or influence bad?
no
>that someone would need to know to be a knowledgeable/thoughtful/compassionate/worldly/enlightened person?
if you could be more specific i'm sure somebody could help you find what you were looking for
>Do you notice a difference between people who read books frequently and people who don't?
yes i consulted a team of scientist and they concluded that people who read are 200% qter

Attached: __alice_margatroid_touhou_drawn_by_ookashippo__bdef37738b7ebf1ccd00fd4f69f380e6.png (1411x1200, 1.14M)

>if you could be more specific i'm sure somebody could help you find what you were looking for
A list that would educate someone and prepare them for the majority of situations throughout life; a list that makes them a well rounded person. these are open ended questions.

Books wouldn't prepare you for life, they supplement your experience at best, unless we are talking about actual textbooks. Seek inspiration in literature that you enjoy at the moment and apply it in your life.

fbp and pretty much /thread

>yes i consulted a team of scientist and they concluded that people who read are 200% qter

especially this

If the books you read brought you to this board, of what use were the books?

If this thread is serious, you should consider suicide.

Kek

do you have any notion of how goddamned crazy you are?

it's the other way around. This board memes me into reading shitty books like The Bell Jar and Pynchon

what do you read?

Cormac McCarthy

probably not or you would've realized that you were replying to an adjusted McCarthy quote

just because I didn't acknowledge it doesn't mean I didn't get the reference

kill yourself

Yes very much so, I would go as far to say you can tell you can pinpoint a person's character and personality by studying the books they read

it is serious and i want replies

I don't read

Based.

>What books are worth reading?
Good ones
>How many books are worth reading?
My guess, over all of human history, between 2-5k books are worth it, the rest you can skip
>Can you compile all worthwhile thought/insight/knowledge worth sharing into say one hundred books or more or less?
100 books? No, I don’t think so.
It can alter and influence your personality.
>Is too much knowledge or influence bad?
Only if you are unable to act or begin work yourself. If you can maintain a balance between consuming and producing, then you are okay.
>Is there an optimal bookshelf, as in a list of books that teach all that someone would need to know to be a knowledgeable/thoughtful/compassionate/worldly/enlightened person?
Yes, I imagine, I would only know some of the books that would be in that library.
>Do you notice a difference between people who read books frequently and people who don't?
Yes, firstly, that I have trouble getting along with people who don’t read. Second, the right kind of readers are more humble and less prone to blind spots.

This is a very good answer, listen to it OP.

I am including textbooks.

Why the fuck is an animeposter being so reasonable. My whole world is turning upside down.

Most of the books in the Great Books of the Western World series published by the Great Books Foundation are worth reading. So are almost all the books in the Harvard Universal Classica series (a.k.a. the Five-Foot Shelf). Add on another 100 or so books and that oughtal do ya for the rest of your life. .

What if I'm going to live one million years?

More likely the other way 'round.

You won't. But after your first 100 years, you should have a pretty good handle on what's worth reading and what isn't.

I will.

An Animeposter is just a friend you haven't met.

clever