ITT: Literature you'd like to see made into a film or a Netflix original series

ITT: Literature you'd like to see made into a film or a Netflix original series.

For me it's Pope's Dunciad.

Attached: 220px-Alexander_Pope_tv_Michael_Dahl.jpg (220x273, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/3176029?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Odyssey as an anime.

Attached: 57405327_p0.jpg (1100x1534, 1.26M)

Popeposter back at it again with another quality shitpost. Love to see it.

For me, it's Mason & Dixon. I'm not the greatest pynchon fan but his stuff would translate really well to film.

I have been fantasizing about a 4 hour film adaptation of the Iliad. I already know how and who i'd cast, I've imagined some of the score and scenes, and I've come up with the dialogue for a number of major events. I even thought of the opening (includes Homer speaking to children). God, I wish I had a shitload of money.

Attached: 1553391078758.jpg (2048x1367, 2.1M)

Nietzsche cause I wanna see the cuckhold incels cry about it here for months after its been released

the iliad. the bbc made it into a radio show in the 60s but you can't listen to it anywhere

Make it Pope's collaborative translation of the Odyssey and I'm in
Thanks. I'm actually reading M&D and plan to finish it tomorrow. Fun fact: the & on the cover is 666.
Make it Pope's translation!

what's the cast

>Make it Pope's translation!
good lord no

Fag!

Oops I thought I was on Yea Forums. Gonna make a thread there too.

Pope is the English language's most overrated writer change my mind you can't

Literally no one praises Pope in the 21st century aside from me

That 7 foot tall roided out dutch chad would be Ares, Lena Heady as Discordia, Robin Wright as Hera, Armie Hammer as Patroclus, Jon Hamm as Zeus, Alexander Ludwig as Paris, and the rest would have to be relatively unknown because I don't want people to be distracted and a lot of popular actors right now don't have the "classical beauty" look that I need. I thought of Emilia Clarke as Helen but she's too old and just not beautiful enough. She has the right body type, though.

>yeah let me just hire a bunch of raoists and pedophiles for my film what could go wrong *cat jumps out of dumpster* MRRROOEOOWW

hmm. this sounds like it would just be another troy.

basically troy 2

>The illiad by madhouse
>crime and punishment by shaft
>Alice in wonderland by kyoani

Amino by Luke Feistamel

You think about them a lot more than they think about you.

>Pope's collaborative translation
i think i started this euphemism
anyway, the odyssey of "pope" is still god-tier

I want to see Venus in Furs, and I want it to be extra lewd

I want to see a true to the text cinematic rendition of PKD's Androids - not the Bladerunner bullshit version.

based
someone should first read the book tho

Moby Dick but just the parts that detail the process of whaling

That cover is fucking based. Apparently he had a huge hand in how he wanted it, both inside
>&
out: jstor.org/stable/3176029?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Definitely not. I would need popular actors for the film but it wouldn't have that "Hollywood action" feel to it.
Also a feminine twink would play achilles, true to form.