How did one fucking video game manage to successfully adapt Lovecraft

But somehow the film industry, after decades, still hasn't made a good lovecraftian film?

What is it about Lovecraft's body of work that's so hard to translate to film?

Attached: 915BXZ1Ak6L._SL1500_.jpg (1263x1500, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrWwFw2vRr8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>But somehow the (((film))) industry, after decades, still hasn't made a good lovecraftian film?

A mystery for the ages.

but there's no references to niggers and anglo-saxon supremacy in this game. Only some dumb shit about blood transfusion

Japanese can appreciate Lovecrafts nascent racism (which is essential to his work) in a way HollyJews never could

Define 'successful adaptation'.

The only way bloodborne succeeds at adapting lovecraft is that some of its creature models look otherworldly and the lore is reminiscent of lovecraft's non-scifi works. Otherwise, the game is very tonally removed from lovecraft and is much more gothic and melancholy than anything HPL would have attempted.

As far as why cinema doesnt create more lovecraftian monsters, I dont know. Cronenberg does it often, and stuart Gordon's lovecraft movies have nice practical effects despite again being tonally removed from lovecraft's bent

what are you talking about? the niggers were one of the first enemies in game

Attached: image.png (185x181, 71K)

>The Thing

that's clearly an albanian

As much as I love Lovecraft I don't enjoy Bloodborne's ambience and aesthetics. Lovecraft's book give me different vibes. And Lovecraftian ambiance is what I love the most in his novels and what I can't find in this game.

*books

Really? What do you feel was lacking because personally, it was the visual lovecraftian experience I had always wanted

this, dumb zoomer btfo

Not him but its too overloaded with action. Not enough darkness or contrast with the other worldly elements that makes Lovecraft horror

Stuart Gordon has made several great Lovecraft adaptations, nitwit.

It seems like you're the nitwit friendo, as Stuart Gordon's adaptations are lovecraftian in name and premise only, and come off very much like B-movie takes on Lovecraft stories, while capturing none of the cosmic horror /anthropological journal entry tone , something which understandably is very tough to capture in cinema

They're currently making a movie based on The Color Out of Space staring Nicolas Cage. The director has done very little and nothing that I've ever seen, but Nicolas Cage can be more than just a meme as seen in Lord of War.

Also Guillermo de Toro is apparently working on an adaptation of At The Mountains of Madness, but he's been saying that forever so It'll probably never happen. It's only a matter of time before some indie makes something for Netflix or Hulu that adapts something Lovecraftian and others copy it. Lovecraft is relatively new literature as it only become popular decades after he died, so it make take a couple more for more movies to be made of it.

>good lovecraftian
well there's your problem!

Yeah unfortunately the GDT adaptation will never happen, and even if it did I would be nervous that he would botch the tone in favor of making a masturbatory effects display that comes off more like bad Cronenberg.

This. Also Bloodborne fails as much at adapting Lovecraft as most films. What the fuck are you on about OP, it's a generic souls game there's little to nothing Lovecraftian about it.

It has a Lovecraftian thematic and to some extent, design, but that's about it.
Not an adaptation and certainly, not very Lovecraftian either.

The game gets way more lovecraftian cosmic-horror as you progress. It mainly just parades as gothic horror at the beginning.

where is a third campfire?

i can't find it

not only that but the deep elder god lore behind it it is amazing i love it so much just wish it was on pc

The fuck are you smoking, OP?

Op is most likely a repressed zoomer, i doubt he’s read anything lovecraft wrote. If anything its cause he just likes watching youtube video essays about them.

zoomers and teenagers in general love Lovecraft

To add to my previous post, all of Stuart gordons films are lovecraft adaptations and they're what I would consider successes. If what you want is cosmic horror shit then probably better off following Del Toros bullshit.

Bloodborne is even better than Demon's Souls. Best game of the last decade coincidentally has the most literary merit too

Saya no Uta was the best adaptation of Lovecraftian story. Very evocative direction, repulsive without fully revealing the horror
youtube.com/watch?v=QrWwFw2vRr8

Attached: saya no uta.png (981x765, 1M)

Are any of Lovecrafts gods extremely sympathetic like the great ones in BB are?

You sound like you dont know what you're talking about

>friendo
Embarrassing

>he doesn’t like In The Mouth of Madness
Pleb

>They're currently making a movie based on The Color Out of Space staring Nicolas Cage. The director has done very little and nothing that I've ever seen, but Nicolas Cage can be more than just a meme as seen in Lord of War.

Does it have a working title?

Agreed, I enjoyed it.

>muh bloodborne
>muh lovecraft
>muh videogames are art

sucks to be a gamer huh?

Attached: v.edditors.jpg (480x482, 56K)

In the Mouth of Madness and The Thing are great but I agree. Even Pathologic is better.

>What is The Thing