What do we think of Steven King, more specifically his recent foray into literary criticism?

What do we think of Steven King, more specifically his recent foray into literary criticism?

Attached: 1556123237577.jpg (1080x987, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2019/1/10/18176928/steve-king-white-supremacist-offensive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the first two episodes of season 8 have been absolute shit.

You guys actually watch this trash?

Well, we visit this shitty site, after all.

I know, and I still had higher expectations than this. GoT is absolutely the lowest of the low.

I tried to watch GoT but had to stop once I realized that it only served the purpose to normalize sodomy, perversion and violence.

I don't watch it, tried to read the book when I was younger and gave up because it was was worse than fantasy stories that I wrote in middle school. not everyone here is an idiot

Read more, pleb. There's way worse out there and plenty of it.

HAHhahahaha

>normalize sodomy, perversion and violence.
Ever read the Bible? Greek mythology? The Epic of Gilgamesh?

Yeah they're really phoning it in for the last season

It's more about demoralization.

well those also have other purposes I think

based retard

He makes accessible horror fiction. GRRM makes accessible fantasy. Is this really a shock?

You haven't read enough shitty fantasy if you think that ASOIAF is anywhere near the bottom of the barrel, even if you don't personally enjoy it. idk about the show

GoT is all about Bran and the pedophile Night King coming to rape him. He says "almost" a man because his anal virginity is still intact.

The Night King is a pedophile. That's why he's after Bran. Now he's desperate because Bran isn't getting any younger.

>Also what do you think he did to little Ned umber. He "stabbed" him with his ice "spear". The message is clear, "no children are safe"

>Also why the NK has a hard-on for the "children" of the forest his long time enemy. They look like kids. But they're not really, which is why he's after and prefers Bran.

>The children also created the Night King by plunging a "dagger" into his heart. It's the cyclical nature of pedophilia, victims often become perpetrators themselves.

>The NK is also a necromancer so he raises the dead, or "bones", or figuratively his "boner" for Bran. He also likes to throw is "spear" around and "penetrate" his enemies. His powers subtly reflect the sexual nature of his purpose.

>The prophecy about the "long night" is a metaphor for the night of rape Bran would receive if the NK won the war/capture him. NK dick is also long

>The NK's enemy is Azor Ahai or "Lightbringer", i.e. a way to stop pedophilia is to expose it or "bring to light" the crimes.

>Bran is a Stark, their words are "Winter is Coming" is a less than ambiguous metaphor

>The Stark house words, suggest that in the past Starks we're also subject to horrific abuse. Pedophilia is pervasive and often covered up in society; thus the words serve to remind Starks to stay vigilant... against pedos.

>Bran the Builder, the Stark who built the wall, was also abused by pedophiles, that's where our Bran gets his name. Building a wall to keep out the night walkers is analogous to how rape victims often cope, by building mental "walls" to block off traumatic memories.

>As the 3-Eyed Raven, Bran has a nightmare about being "touched" by the Night King. After which the NK goes after him. I don't think it gets any more clear than that

God hates sodomy so much that the one city that practices it in the Old Testament got blasted off the face of the earth in a terrifying inferno.

read it? they're all i can get off to

I appreciate your effort

WE WUZ KINGZ N SHIEET.

low tier attempt at copypasta

You just don't appreciate the detailed world building and complex characters. Go read Eragon, fag.

He's senile asf.

What's an example of inaccessible fantasy?

>>The NK is also a necromancer so he raises the dead, or "bones", or figuratively his "boner" for Bran. He also likes to throw is "spear" around and "penetrate" his enemies. His powers subtly reflect the sexual nature of his purpose.

You lost me here. Everything above was good.

Bran's gargantuan hands reach out and shove you backward into the chair, hairy knuckles squeezing your shoulders painfully at the end of his gangly arms. "Oi've hit me puberty," he intones in his gravelly new voice, "so now oi'm the man!" He stands upright, towering over you, and leans his head back to let you appreciate his first claim to adulthood: the rudiments of a scraggly beard appearing along the line of his jaw. He twists one between his thumb and forefinger, tugging it gingerly. "Cor! 'at's a right pisser, 'innit?"

You don't have time to answer before he shifts his attention downward, to the fly of his jeans. He lifts his soccer jersey and, with a few deft movements, it stands before you: his thick, unclipped, distinctly British hog. This is not the dainty, elegantly tapered morsel you remember. Brackish pubes menace from his distended scrotum, curling outward at you. The sack itself has taken on the appearance of Andy Rooney, seemingly aging a lifetime in mere months, and his penis has exchanged its youthful pallor for a yellow-brown tinge that reminds you of overripe fruit.

"'orright mate, get to work, get to work! I'm not gon'ta' wank i'!" He bellows his baritone commands at you expectantly, even as the monster begins to take shape. As if awakening for the first time in its wretched existence, his meaty chud rises off his balls with a malevolent swagger. He lets it to brush against your cheek and leans backward, allowing you one last, furtive glimpse of the boy you once loved.. and the abomination he has become.

Steeling yourself, you return your eyes to the task before you. He is ready now, you realize, his slit glistening with precum, his shaft twitching with his heartbeat. This is it. You detect the scent of fish and vinegar on the air, and it reminds you of better times. It seems so long ago..

>What do we think
>we

The incredibly dense shadow of the torturer by Gene Wolfe. It's incredibly dense.

>You guys actually watch this trash?
Nice way of admitting you don't have a girlfriend. Have sex.

>shit is going down in the North
>all the characters go to the biggest city in the North
>King: "I'm in awe, they made it look easy. And fuck you, Kubrick! It was 40 years ago but I'll remember forever."

Malazan is fantastic but moderately inaccessible

I think he's based and redpilled.
vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2019/1/10/18176928/steve-king-white-supremacist-offensive

But I don't care for that "Stephen King" onions idiot.

Or that he has a gf with taste.

The writing quality tanked as soon as it went off of GRRM's script.

It is now cock jokes and exposition.

This.

im an optimist, i still think theres a chance something of merit will reveal itself, but not optimistic enough to watch full episodes just follow the story
>t. waiting for the next got book for 7 years now

rank the books you read

King seems friendly enough but his writing isn't very good. However, Carpenter's adaptation of Christine is very good.

Borges.

He's mediocre, and tweets aren't literary criticism.

Attached: 1517329123558.png (690x527, 462K)

Stephen King also praised and recommended 2444, so he seems aware of literature.

The Ghormengast Trilogy. My friends that love reading couldn't get through even the first one lol. Beautiful dense writing, very little plot to speak of for hundreds of pages.

Attached: 41d6VvjSNoL._SX333_BO1 204 203 200_.jpg (335x499, 30K)

High tier analysis

The Vorrh

Borges is freshman level philosophy tier.

go fuck yourself you talentless swine

noisepointing detected

He’s a pseud.

>he only read one translation of Gilgamesh and thought he understood it