Is this worth my precious time?

is this worth my precious time?

Attached: 91AFAIrZ1yL.jpg (1644x2474, 721K)

you are here posting so clearly your time isn't precious

didn't think of that

First book is all right for what it is, the subsequent books are filler beyond belief.

really good young teenager litterature, above Harry Potter, Hunger Games and such, but for an adult it can be a bit shallow

such a shame how the movie massacred this boy

Basically this.
I've read each book of the series at least a dozen times when I was younger

Its pretty good desu.

Whatever happened to Christopher Paolini? He disapeared from the world.

>uhhhhh what do we call the protagonist who owns a dragon
>uhhhh eragon
>brilliant

Pretty much just a ripoff of the greatest elements of Star Wars and LOTR. Never got the hype

It's not really worth it unless you're underaged. It was enjoyable when I was in middle school but by the last book I was just reading for closure. I don't think an adult would get much value out of it. And the ending is an absolute abortion because the author wrote himself into a corner.

>really good young teenager litterature, above Harry Potter, Hunger Games and such
It really isn't.

Just the title of the book alone already makes me disgusted

Even as a youth I noticed how derivative and badly written it was.
Many plot elements are directly ripped from popular fantasy and scifi novels, like the poison from dune.
Avoid at all costs, unless you're really gay for dragons and elves.

Yes.

Was my first proper book. I read it in grade 8 and still find myself flicking through it occasionally 8 years later.

Very easy to read and fascinating world, if you're into fantasy. God damn I was so fucking triggered when they fucked up the movie.

The psp game was ok

No there's this odd feeling of hope when reading it that something concrete might happen but in the end after the four books it's a dissapointment

The Inheritance series horrifies me, not because it is bad, but because the author was allowed to publish and get famous for something he slapped together at age 16. If he had just spent ten more years improving before publishing he could have been a good writer. Nope, his legacy is a teenager's first draft.

It's not like he had anything else to write after using the entire star wars plot for Eragon

First one is good, second is OK, third is shit and filler, fourth is basically Paolini's Deathly Hallows. 25% too long but good until the end, which is convoluted and unsatisfying.

>allowed to publish
His parents owned the publishing company.

My mom liked it but I couldn't finish it.

Is it at least fun to watch it devolve into trash?

fpbp Op literally cannot recover.

It's worse than even most YA fiction. It's probably better than reading weebshit purely because it's not translated, but that's about it

>Honestly, unless you're a teenager it's probably not worth it. I enjoyed reading it when I was a young teenager because I was the target demographic. Eragon is a typical hero's journey tale that doesn't really do anything super exciting, while stealing from Star Wars. Read Deltora Quest, you will have a better time.

No, read this instead.

Attached: RedwallUSCover.jpg (350x523, 44K)

I think you might be too old to enjoy that. It's not very original anyway.

He probably made a buttload of dosh and fucked off.
He can stay home and fuck his sister all day.

Just watch Star Wars EP4 instead

Nah. Not awful but could do a whole lot better.
Though there is one part in the third(?) book where he has to make a sword that’s always stayed with me as being really well done.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get back into reading? I read nonstop when I was younger, up until about 8th grade. With high school, I lost interest almost entirely (whether that was due to forced reading, depression, or the internet ruining my attention span is up for debate).
I’d like to get back and read more, but I feel like I can only read in short, 20-ish minute bursts at a time, and I read much slower.
I did manage to read Fight Club and No Country for Old Men last summer, but that’s all I’ve voluntarily read in over a year.

Attached: 886BCB12-48D4-439E-900B-3C3FF201FE73.jpg (460x689, 75K)

Fuck time this was supposed to be its own thread I’m retarded

Find something that you're genuinely interested in reading. It can be anything. You're not going to get yourself to read a lot if you're uninterested in the subject matter. In other words, don't read classics if you're currently uninterested in them just because other people tell you to, or you think that you should. Work up to them. If it feels like a chore, read something else. Find some short stories that interest you.

Yes, and then some. It's an unironic masterpiece of this century.

Just read more, this isn't some complicated issue