HOMOSEXUALITY

OKAY so this is a subject I'm particularly interested in but haven't done a huge amount of research into.
What books, fiction or non-fiction, would you recommend that explore homosexuality well? both in terms of the psyche of homosexuals themselves as well as society's reactions to homosexuality, and the implications of homosexuality on families and tradtions etc
Also, feel free to share your own opinions on homosexuality but please back up anything you say

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (624x474, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_TBd-UCwVAY
youtube.com/watch?v=xxyA26gJ22E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hogg
Naked Lunch
120 Days of Sodom

w-what

Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality by Dr Joseph Nicolosi is very good at explaining what causes homosexuality in men as well as how to potentially treat it. Shame and Attachment Loss: The Practical Work of Reparative Therapy is more recent with far more information but is a bit more technical (but certainly not boring!)
Between these two, he also wrote Healing Homosexuality: Case Stories of Reparative Therapy, which is a great collection of the human stories out of his practice over the years.

Attached: nico.jpg (256x400, 20K)

Not a book, but I'd recommend the paper on John B Calhoun's mouse utopia experiment. You can find the pdf on Google.

This to be frank

Ideologically and religiously inspired pseudoscience.

Attached: 1546786597002.jpg (800x685, 269K)

unironically start with the greeks

Giovanni’s Room, Goodbye to Berlin, Nightwood, The Line of Beauty, At Swim Two Boys, Shakespeare’s Sonnets and Comedies, and some scattered flourishes in Woolf’s oeuvre are some good places to look in English.

i heard Faggots by Larry Kramer is good, a harsh but realistic description of 70's gay culture in new york. criticised by both sides.
i have it downloaded but haven't checked it yet

"The end of Eddy"

Do you know if it's the same way with lesbians (female)?

Also, here's pic/chart related for OP's question.

Attached: 1535732006545.jpg (1644x3520, 949K)

It seems to be one of those Christian coloring books. I’d sooner trust Carrot Top to diagnose cancer

is it not possible that excessive sexual fixation being directed towards the opposite sex could come from the same problems?

the problem not being that homosexuality is in itself an illness... the problem is the seeking of *romance* or sex over authentic yet platonic (and not requiring physical gratification) connection with other human beings, possibly stemming from a lack of it occurring during childhood?

>Ideologically and religiously inspired pseudoscience.
These books are acually very well researched and secular in tone. The author is indeed christian but so what? It doesn't make this work any less valid.

Pic suggests you've probably read it but one of the earlier chapters in Hitch-22 has a nifty discussion of homosexuality in pubescent boys. Maybe Confessions of a Mask on top of that, but somehow I doubt Mishima's gay was a normal sort of gay.

Never let them get behind you.

Who? Christians?

Jean Genet's novels.

In search of lost time

My diary

Attached: WSB.jpg (620x372, 58K)

I swear to god sometimes i see your posts and want to take you by the head and wipe the floor with you but at the same time i feel bad about that and feel bad for you that you're in need of parental affection due to some fucked up things in your past.

I still want to wipe the floor with you but in a caring way. Wonder how'd you feel about that

pic related touches on it a lot. Its not the type of book you really need to read cover to cover.
The chapter "Beautiful Boy as Destroyer" is one of my favorites.
Theres also this quote from chapter 1; "Male homosexuality may be the most valorous of attempts to wvade the femme fatale and to defeat nature. By turning awayfrom the Medusan mother, whether in honor or detestatoon of her, the male homosexual is one of the greatest forgers of absolutist western identity. Nut of course nature has one, as she always does, by maling disease the price of promiscuos sex."

Attached: 511k4T+KZ0L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (325x499, 33K)

This. Also his poems. Anything explicitly homosexual vanishees in all of his plays.

Attached: Jean Genet.jpg (392x539, 95K)

The massive flaw in these theories for me is that if bad relationship with the father ("absent, hostile or inefficient father-figure") had to be the root of homosexuality, then homosexuality should be way more common as any remotely bad relationship with one father-figure is extremely common in the population. And the chosen definition of "bad" relationship is always conviniently really broad, or even fuzzy as you may note. As a result, one could almost always be able to verify the theory, because the assumptions of the theory are pretty shallow. As most of psychoanalysis-inspired shit, it's self-explanatory and bad science, it justifies itself all the time, and it's solely all that it can do.

Attached: YourMom.png (413x550, 100K)

The Beautiful Boy by Germaine Greer. Not exactly about homosexuality but its covers the gaze as focused on the beauty of young men (often teenagers).

Attached: bjorn.jpg (736x501, 57K)

go look up cochran & ewald on homosexuality as caused by a pathogen

You'd better check your prejudgement before that, you little “explorer”. It's actually much easier than reading on complex topics.

youtube.com/watch?v=_TBd-UCwVAY

youtube.com/watch?v=xxyA26gJ22E