Where do I start with this guy?

Where do I start with this guy?

Attached: 220px-Karl_Marx_001.jpg (220x278, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rrojasdatabank.info/mccainmarx.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugen_Böhm_von_Bawerk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Bukharin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kapital.
All of it.

Is that actually the best entry point?

You don't. It's trash, I'm serious. I read Kapital and the Manifesto. Kapital is the more technical economic one, and about the only lasting contribution to econ it made was labor theory of value, which is pretty much discredited anyways. I guess read the Manifesto if you want to see how retarded it is, you can read it in one or two sittings.
t. econ/philosophyfag

You start with this as an introduction (20 pages)
rrojasdatabank.info/mccainmarx.pdf
Then you read Mandel's Introduction to Marxist Economic Theory (60 pages)
Then you read the 3 volumes of Kapital one after the other.

Protip: don't bother with any other secondary works or introductions because they're all shit and have liberal takes on Marx most of the time, go to them after you've finished the 3 volumes so you could see how well other scholars understand him, and maybe you'll catch something you've missed. Also don't bother with any of Marx's pamphlets and small works ("Wage, Labor and Capital" etc) because it's unlikely he forgot to include any important ideas in his magnum opus.

P.S. don't bother with the manifesto, it was written before any of Marx's more complex ideas

don't listen to this fag, economics isn't as unified a science as the natural ones. A theory being "discredited" (read: ignored) by the mainstream has no weight whatsoever in this case.

1844 Manuscripts, The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Napoleon, German Ideology, Engel's Principles of Communism, Manifesto, Grundrisse, Critique of the Gotha Program, Das Kapital

t. pseud

It really is, unfortunately. A lot of his earlier "works" with any significant ideas are letters/essays/articles that turn up again in Kapital but better developed. Manifesto is just agitprop, only worth reading for entertainment/historical significance, it won't tell you anything about his thought, really.

Manifesto only if you are already a committed leftist/communist.
Otherwise read all of Kapital and don't hesitate to get help online if you need it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugen_Böhm_von_Bawerk

Very cool user, very substantial.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Bukharin

I haven't read all of his works but of the one's i have i'd recommend:
>The 1844 Manuscripts
>Theses on Feuerbach
>The German Ideology (just the first part)
>Wage, Labour, and Capital
>The Communist Manefesto
>Critique of the Gotha Program
>Capital vol 1.
I can't speak for vol 2 & 3 though i do intend to read them some day, Marx also has a bunch of minor works like "the holy family" and writings on Bakunin and such. The Grundrisse could probably fit before Capital and i've heard that it is a good bridge between early-marx concepts of Alienation and late-marx Political Economy. His most important works in my opinion are the 1844 manuscripts, part 1 of the German ideology, and Capital (Capital being the most important of these) Explaining Alienation, Historical Materialism, and The core critiques of capitalism (Valourisation, commodity fetishism, Use vs Exchange Value, Labour theory of Value, ect.).
I'm sure there is a better read person here who can help you further.

Attached: 1549755038238.png (313x291, 134K)

>Marx's only lasting contribution was the labor theory of value
>Marx invented the labor theory of value
>t. econ/philosophy fag

Attached: 1541531898134.jpg (680x383, 47K)

A bullet in the chamber

BLACKED produces good videos on him

economics isnt a science at all it can't predict anything

>labor theory of value
>Marx
Strongly consider suicide

that doesn’t trigger us like it does your home board, incel
go back

Wage, Labor and Capital is a good introduction
Don't bother with the communist memefesto, it's a political pamphlet written for 19th century uneducated workers and barely scratches the surface of his actual work

economics contain exact laws

Best answer itt

Whats the best english version of das kapital anyway?

Move Gotha Program after Capital and maybe then.
If OP wants to learn about Marx as a whole then yeah that's a good route to take, but if he's interested in the economic aspect he should cut his and go by People don't really read beyond the first volume (I don't blame them) but the real meat of the matter is in volume 3, that's where the transformation problem and the whole controversy comes in. Volume 2 is dry, boring and the least well organized but necessary to comprehend Marx as a whole, volume 3 is the most important I'd say.

>Theses on Feuerbach
>The German Ideology (just the first part)
these two are the same thing

>german ideology
imagine reading that shitfest of a book that was inspired by being butt hurt about stirner