Book with more than 400 pages

>book with more than 400 pages

fucking endless

Attached: f60.jpg (250x249, 7K)

>he hasn't read Luke Feistamel's 1,400 page masterwork "Glowbug"

>It's another 3000 page Chinese classic

Attached: pepe sweat.png (556x514, 366K)

gtfo

Who the fuck was the editor on Middlemarch? I would've cut that thing down to 500 pages tops.

also 2666
>cut out parts 3 and 4
>perfect book
or at least release three and four as a separate book or something

Life is finite and there are so many books to read

Man fuck off from the literature board

Attached: F3F5EB98-B465-4FE1-8178-992C511D6E02.jpg (521x252, 111K)

Shut up, dweeb

Weird. I'm the opposite way. I feel like a 400 page books end just when they start going. 500-600 is the perfect length for a book.

Fuck off

Attached: A592DBAB-D553-4973-8645-193CA69FE84C.png (960x1361, 1.21M)

That sounds weird. Very arbitrary. For me it gets going when it gets going

if you can't express your thoughts with laconicity and brevity, your book is pseud shit OR the publisher paid you for length (a case with many russian authors)

It largely depends on author. Some books feel stretched out and other too short in that regard.

If a book is good, wouldn't you want to last it as long as it could? And if the book is bad, why are you reading it at all?

Attached: 6666.jpg (800x576, 63K)

It's not binary. A book can be 90% good

It's quite binary
>I'm enjoying the book
>I'm not enjoying the book
Any further criticism is just elaboration on these statements.

How about:
>I'm enjoying this chapter
>I'm not enjoying this chapter
I enjoyed X chapters out of Y

A book is made of numerous parts and dragging them out unnecessarily can be a detriment to the book as a whole.

In this case the book length is still irrelevant. If a chapter has an equal chance of being good or bad, it's up to you to decide whether the odds of getting a good chapter justify risking a bad chapter, the length doesn't factor in. Personally, I don't read this way, for me the process of getting through the novel is continuous, not discrete. In other words, as I read a book, in my back of my mind I constantly make a check on whether the experience so far was worth the time. If the answer is yes, I continue with my reading. If not - I give the book some 20 pages of hopeful leeway to redeem itself, and if it still fails to reach the baseline of satisfying my taste, I stop reading.
People should seriously stop treating novels like dating. If it's boring, uninteresting, shallow, or stupid, just get out, and read something else, you're not in anybody's debt and there's no pot of candies given to you for reaching the last page. I drop 3 books out of 5 on average.

Some books are only enjoyable in retrospect and I would hate to miss out on those experiences.

based and noidpilled

>People should seriously stop treating novels like dating. If it's boring, uninteresting, shallow, or stupid, just get out

But this is how dating works

I don't see a reason why a book needs to over 400 pages
I don't read fantasy or sci-fi though

>book with less than 398 pages
fucking nonexistent, should be classified as a short story

>Finish volume 1 of a work i was reading that was 450 pages long
Wew lad, it took me about 25 days but I'm glad it's over
>Check to see how long volume 2 is
>600 pages

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

Stop watching anime.

Attached: Zibaldone_di_pensieri_VI.djvu.jpg (1180x1866, 209K)

was thinking about starting The Recognitions but it is like 1000 pages long and there is a possibility I start my first job soon so I don't want to make the commitment lmao

The end of moby dick felt rushed but the book was simultaneously too long

Certain books definitely drag on longer than others, regardless of their length; even from the same author. V. took me way longer to read than Gravity's Rainbow.

I've heard good things about Amino. Got it on my list.

Fuck, I've finally finished the book with 600 pages that I was reading.

>when your proust homework is due in two days but you have 2,000 pages to go

Attached: 1274654570627.png (289x302, 155K)