Small brain entry into literature

My brain is rotted by anime, videogames and movies. But now something in me really wants to get into good literature, not normie shit like Game of Thrones or It.

What book would you recommend is a good starting point for me? Something like an equivalent to Blade Runner 2049, still fun to watch but has some substance to it. (And no, I'm not saying that movie is some masterpiece, just using it as an example. I looked at the recommended section but I figured you anons can make better lists)

Attached: empty-hollow-head-brain-stupid-foolish-headed-person-lack-intelligence-iq-brainless-103147151.jpg (1300x1390, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1sJfKAiShgb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sherlock Holmes? Jack London? A bunch of classic and relatively literary scifi? Homer? Classic works of history?

That bitch who wrote "And Then There Were None" is good literature for smol brains without being too plebby

vocaroo.com/i/s1sJfKAiShgb

Game of thrones is objectively good literature, you pleb.

how about the road by cormac mccarthy.

i think borges is fun.

Why are you so rude?

Mark my words, Emma Watson is posting here 24:7 right now. :3

?

Attached: GoTBook.jpg (2388x2071, 1.91M)

wtf
Game of Thrones is high literature tier
fuk u op

Just because it's about poop doesn't make it bad. I'm sure there are far worse passages in ASOIAF. That one isn't bad really

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

power brainlet here with 2 years browsing lit. i only enjoy psychotic tour de force rambles and hate white anglo prose on how becky turned around and smiled. i want real substance in what im reading, fuck details, full human condition. I want illiterate fucks in my reads not closed reserved bourgeois white people stale as pita bread that flannagate the arts or poetry. so cormic mcarthy is out of the questions spiral jorge luis borges is out of the question

To Catch a Mockingbird was pretty bad to be frank.

99% of white people are the same and do not allow white dialogue into my head so what do i know about To Catcha Mockingbird was bad

Are you okay user?

>ASOIAF
>every book is almost 800 pages

Bruh

Attached: 1536960923014.jpg (645x773, 30K)

Can you please pronounce this word into vocaroo? >Avgadhoozkhatikakhlamamnansa'afaftzatzkarshat

based vocaroo poster

I started by reading The Stranger because it's short and easy to read, but not necessarily fun. Starting with the Greeks is a decent option. Most Greek mythology is very fun and is useful to know because of all of the allusions to it in literature.

Unironically this.

based voicefag

When I was in highschool I read Stephen King books and those were fun. Simple, amusing. Not trying to be too flowery or poetic.

Just trying to be imaginative, the ideas and quirkiness are the selling point, not how fancy the delivery is.

Hahahahah I got into cinema through Stanley Kubrick and reading through Albert Camus, never been a "plebeian" but anyway here is the list

Attached: 040F5093-D282-406C-BDAD-0F48039B033C.png (1100x1800, 2.58M)