Yea Forums I have a close friend who is both an incel and a Platonist...

Yea Forums I have a close friend who is both an incel and a Platonist. He used to be cool but he's getting really bitter and unpleasant to be around and I don't know how to help him fix his life.

Tips?

Attached: B6DF2FA3-6969-40B0-9021-5E83E35C016B.jpg (560x844, 105K)

Don't make such bad threads

Attached: 1463095500614.png (231x226, 100K)

Bring him down to earth with some Aristotle. The passage that really fixed my head, in that regard, is
>We must be content, then, in speaking of such subjects and with such premisses to indicate the truth roughly and in outline, and in speaking about things which are only for the most part true and with premisses of the same kind to reach conclusions that are no better. In the same spirit, therefore, should each type of statement be received; for it is the mark of an educated man to look for precision in each class of things just so far as the nature of the subject admits; it is evidently equally foolish to accept probable reasoning from a mathematician and to demand from a rhetorician scientific proofs.
It's such common sense, yet it goes above the heads of Platonist types that are always seeking ultimate truths. Some truths are only rough and approximate. That's all there is to it. Platonism is a form of fanaticism.

get him to meet girls, no book will help

Incel here. How does it feel that I mog all you faggots? You're walking with your girlfriend until she sees me. You go home but it isn't the same. She is thinking of ME. My traps. My glutes. My chiseled jawline. You've just been mogged. I could rape your girlfriend and you couldn't stop me much less unrack my warm-up. Maybe if you ask me nicely I'll let you clean up my creampie.

Attached: alex_pepe.jpg (900x900, 109K)

Not true. I'm too ugly to fuck, and I used to be bitter about it until I got into classic literature and philosophy

All the more evidence for my longstanding Plato-incel hypothesis. I've only shared it among friends and family members so far so I suppose I'll fill all of you in on it. Basically the idea is that Plato's forms are structurally equivalent to memes and that, while they rest on a fundamentally feminine ontology, their memeology is fundamentally opposed to the feminine in all physical manifestations.

This has not been successful, it has ended awkwardly on several occasions and my girl friends have asked me to stop bringing him along to things.

I've tried to talk to him through this but he says Aristotle "isn't a serious philosopher," and since he's a phil major and I'm definitely not I don't feel like getting into that whole discussion.

Attached: 3eb.jpg (602x481, 47K)

>Aristotle isn't a serious philosopher
Yeah, I think your friend is just beyond help. I would want you to stop bringing him along to things as well. He sounds insufferable

>the guy who invented logic isn't a serious philosopher

Attached: q4DXhZL.jpg (323x336, 38K)

FORMALIZED logic, ok? Let's not suck his dick off his body, here.

yeah, no big deal, it's only formalized logic

Attached: k.jpg (1200x630, 93K)

No, I mean that he formalized logic. He didn't "invent" it. Still a monumental achievement, though, despite impetus in the form of being able to shit on his opponents for not abiding by the rules that he himself clarified. And he did arguably invent the philosophical "system" in the West, so there's that.

I'm a Platonist but you have to be a pseud to say Aristotle isn't a serious philosopher

you're not really an incel then are you user

Tell your fried he's literally me when i was 15 years old

>reductionism goes over the heads of Platonists
>by going under their feet
WOAH!

>my girl friends
There's your problem.

Is he fat? Make him do pushups.

>is a phil major
>says Aristotle isn't a serious philosopher

So he's a brainlet on top of being a bitter incel ? Must be though.

>invented logic
The most retarded thing I've ever read.

Not fat, and he's a pretty good cyclist.

Why is he an incel and what made him fail?
Sounds like the 40 year old virgin.

>"friend"
Sounds like you're stereotypical /pol/ guy just reciting MRA mantras in front of women. All men are instinctively misogynistic (cooties!). Just learn to hide power level ffs.

His skill at reading social cues is very low, he consistently deviates group conversations towards his niche interests and gets upset when others don't follow in with him. It's because we share a lot of these niche interests that we became friends in the first place, but I'm not a turbo autist about them IRL, that's what khazak goat herding forums are for.
He thinks everyone in the world is his intellectual inferior and makes sure others know this.
It's what this dude says, he can't hide power levels, but instead of doing MRA stuff he goes in straight with "you would make a good wife, I could be so loving," type shit.

>He thinks everyone in the world is his intellectual inferior and makes sure others know this.
How old is he? Being douche cocky is excusable till 25 or so. Later on most men get "broken" by the world, and learn some humility.

Did your sex life get better?

I know this sucks to hear especially because it's innately patronizing coming from a detached perspective but I think with people like that they're really horny for being "the most logical person in the room" or whatever so it's really hard to debate with them in a meaningful way. At some point you've got to cut your losses, and it sucks ass, but stuff like that is really infectious. Can't set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm y'know?

I'm sorry man, this really sucks.

Not gonna lie, he seems kinda hopeless at this point, although turnarounds abound in life, so who knows.
But I doubt you alone can do much to help him.

He probably needs to get his shit rekted (but without malice) by someone whose intelligence and erudition he respects, someone like a scholar of Plato. It could also be you but only if he's ready to acknowledge you as more philosophically acute than himself which seems unlikely.

You can also try to confront him directly about his arrogance and tell him that the kind of dismissive and self-absorbed mentality he's cultivating is deadly to intellectual growth. But if he really is like he seems, a narcissist with little interest for actual growth your efforts will be wasted.

Anyway good luck on your endeavour OP, what you're trying to do is noble, but there's only so much you can do alone, and nothing you can do if he's not ready to accept your help.

He’s right. Your friend is obviously a genius and that you come here and call him an incel gives me enough of a picture as to why he doesn’t trust anybody. How long do you think you’ll last before he finds out about your trash bag? Anyway, you don’t need to worry about him, he patiently waiting for his goddess, or his mistress. Don’t worry about him tho, worry about yourself Cunt. Ur personality is 1/10, 1 because of him

No, but it probably could if I tried a lot harder.

>philosophy major
College is where philosophy dies
>thinks the father of logic is a charlatan
Congrats champ, you're friend is a bonified pseudo intellectual, pompous dumbbell. Honestly though, it sounds like he's severly depressed because he finally realised the mistake he made by going to college for philosophy hahaha.

Attached: 1555738925692.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

What's reductionistic about that?

What do you do in social situations when you're an shut-in autist that doesn't have any normal interests? Asking for a friend.

Attached: 1375014560261.png (413x374, 199K)