How Yea Forumserary is your city?

How Yea Forumserary is your city?

>tfw there is a Dante statue right outside my apartment

Attached: AF7BF29A-28E1-4B9D-9C4F-257E90548C10.jpg (458x430, 45K)

The only thing people read in my city is the KFC menu board.

Even the special menu from KFC has more literary merit than the drivel alighieri shit out. Gayest fanfiction of all time.

Los Angeles. No further comments.

Attached: 1545295380163.png (633x758, 34K)

HEY-O!

You realize that just by living in that shithole you're taking away a decade off your life at the minimum? Move out you fucking dipshit.

Very literary. It doenst even have a library and is in a middle of nowhere in postcommunistic chunk of land that belongs to european drunkards and capitalists as a bin and source of slaves for the holy western european multicult.

why do you type like such a faggot

Live in Edinburgh, we recently had an installation where lines from famous Scottish books are carved into stone all across the city. There's a lot of cool buildings dedicated to writers, and plenty of libraries. Very inspiring.

Attached: 1497721065595.jpg (226x225, 6K)

Was Dante's schnoz really as big as the pics would have us imply?

Because english is my third language.

Tfw you realize that the most world s influencial writters are Hollywood s screen writters

Yea Forumseraryness is a spook.

Complete drooling retard spotted

He’s in every Dante thread incorrectly applying the term “fan fiction” every time lmao

>You realize that just by living in that shithole you're taking away a decade off your life at the minimum?
I wish I could take more off

I chuckled heartily.

>NYC

Liberal crap is very big rn, but out of americas cities its probably the most Yea Forums

>Liberal crap is very big rn
What does this even begin to mean you nuissance of a MAGAtard, shut the fuck up

>living in Adams Morgan

yuppie scum detected

Live in Cambridge so some good writers came out of the sea of pseuds here

Poe lived here briefly
Pound and William Carlos Williams went to University of Pennsylvania
Uhhhh
Ben Franklin?
Overall pretty shit for a city this size

he thought he could randomly and irrelevantly virtue signal against muh leftwing parasites and get approval snaps like on /pol/

>Brussels
>Alexandre Dumas, Lord Byron, Charlotte and Emily Brontë, Honoré de Balzac, Paul Verlaine and Arthur Rimbaud, Victor Hugo, Baudelaire and Karl Marx.
It's a shithole, but it's a Yea Forums shithole.

200 hundred people village lost in the middle of nowhere and we have a bloody library with, surprisingly, lots of not so common books
I always end up buying books tho, even if it's a 5 minute walk I probably would have to talk to neighbors in the way heh

Shit like idpol garbage. Nice projection though

I live in the woods

Dude you’re flat retarded, you’re literally just saying words that have no relevance to the thread or basis in anything.

>Nice projection though
... he’s projecting... what, exactly? you think he’s a magatard because he called you one? that’s your angle?

Unrelated to him specifically, because I don’t want to be weird and make a big deal out of one user, but just as a general observation, I’ve always unironically maintained that /pol/ is the most retarded board, I mean truly mindbogglingly retarded. You can always recognize them because it’s just low IQ word salad posts that will make sure to aim left for some reason. And you try to engage with them and it’s like they’re having a convo with an entirely different person, like “wtf are you talking about” worthy responses. There’ve been more of them here lately since the Peterson debate.

>small eastern european town
there are some regional statues but nothing Yea Forumsworthy

Cardinal Wolsey's from here so a lot of historical fiction has some scenes around the area. Shit all else.

i know exactly what you mean, partisan nonsequiturs.

Frank O'Connor lived across the road when he was a kid. His mother wouldn't let him past the front wall so he'd sit on that while the other kids played. I think my grandmother bullied him.

>Self insert as better than Virgil who still wants to be your best bud
>not a fanfic
It's more than one user sees this.

>tfw you're a bus ride from joyce's grave

Attached: download (3).png (220x229, 10K)

athens, greece.
no further comment.

user, I live in Oxford.

eastern Europe,No further comments
Im too shamefull to even post name of my city

Attached: 1445972464054.jpg (482x427, 36K)

If it's prague then that is probably the most based literary city in history

Try Columbia Heights, my guy.

Edinburgh, the world's first UNESCO City of Literature.

I'm feral dilettante living in the Ozarks.

Dublin is a great literary city, albeit limited in scope. I think Joyce would find humor in the fact that there is nearly always a gaggle of drunk homeless people on his statue.

its not Prague

São Paulo. No one likes books here in Brazil and libraries are severely underfunded, but I go to the biggest library in the city every week and I'm reasonably happy. There's some events too such as exhibits and poetry sessions. Surprisingly, I'd say about 20% of the people studying and frequenting are Haitians and African immigrants

I don't know a lot of writers from São Paulo I like, most of them are from Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais or the Northeast

>Oxford
It's not a capital city, but as you can imagine a lot of literary heritage.

Attached: 1 pint of lager and a packet of fags.jpg (267x202, 24K)

>Detroit
Our greatest poet is literally Eminem.

Live as a student?
Or a real nigga?

It's honestly fucking abysmal

Attached: IMG_20180421_145001.jpg (2240x3968, 3.82M)

Pretty Yea Forums, to be honest. There are several statutes of our main poets scattered around the city. It's also where Clarice Lispector spent her childhood and teenage years before moving to Rio.

>Hollywood, FL
no-one knows this city actually exist, and I live in the slum ghetto part but lots and lots of old farts read considering barnes and nobles around here are always filled

>mfw live in St. Petersburg

Attached: 1551931415379-mu.jpg (720x864, 66K)

How receptive are Russians to American tourists?

Funny, that's my take on it as well. I read people from Paraíba, Ceará, Pernambuco, Bahia, Minas, Rio and Rio Grande do Norte, but never someone from São Paulo. I guess it's because they're wannabe anglos.

who cares lmao literally how does that affect the merit of the work at all

Isn't that where a bunch of the 9/11 hijackers lived?

Cringe!

Who cares when Scarlett Johansson posts here? :3

...what?

Ah sorry my bad not her, I mean Emma Watson. :3

Emma Watson? Emma Watson what? Posts where?

Here. On Yea Forums. Emma Watson posts on Yea Forums. :3

Why would she do that?

Because I think she is. Emma Watson posts on here obviously. :3

NO. HOW DARE YOU CHANGE REALITY WITH YOUR MIND. I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE EMMA WATSON POSTING ON Yea Forums.

Tell me about Dante. Why does he wear the laurels?

he types perfectly normally

>paris
not literary, I'm not even sure if any author ever lived here

A real nigga, I suppose. I wish I was a student too, though -- I could just live with my parents...

Pretty sure no one will give a shit (maybe some drunk hooligans) unless you wear all over print of an American flag.

Corfu. Very literally, the Ionian Islands in general are thought to be the "birthplace" for modern greek literature, but here specifically the last residence of the poet who wrote greece's national hymn exists, many modern greek poets have lived here and also the first greek university was founded here. Plus we have many libraries, and most contain very old books carefully preserved
pic unrelated

Attached: 1554427873597.jpg (332x458, 66K)

I live near Paris. There is a library that also sells wine and is open until 2 am less than an hour from my house. I recently got Brentano's Doctrine of Correct Judgement there.

Feels good man.

>Las Vegas
lmao

Buenos Aires. I'd say it's one of the most Yea Forums cities in the Americas, only a few places in New England can compare.

Attached: H1butm3FNg0.jpg (1256x620, 68K)

My town is the most illiterate wasteland in existence but I do live relatively close to where Gene Wolfe did. I really should have written him a letter when he was still living.

is it at least a capital? or does your country have above 25m inhabitants? if so, it can't be so bad.

New york is pretty Yea Forums as far as america goes

Even Montevideo is more Yea Forums than Buenos Aires

i dident even know...i formally resided in Miami but it was even worse there

lol no

Chicago is more Yea Forums than the other huge American cities for sure

>american
>literature
Hahaha

Are we? The only big Chicago authors I can think of are Dreiser, Sandburg, Wright, and Bellow, and half of those aren't even that good

Not very

The only time I've ever seen it come up is when a sailor mentioned that he planned to pass by here but didn't due to poor weather.

cringeworthy neo-classicism everywhere
lol we may live in the same city

Attached: Australia-Sydney-Botanic-Gardens-Governor-Phillip-Fountain-1440x968.jpg (1440x968, 257K)

Los Angeles has a long and high quality literary tradition, it just gets swept under the rug by the New York yids

That’s Boston or Philadelphia

dab

Attached: 12654275_10153447391151819_5519352370822581934_n.jpg (755x660, 70K)

I live in the most literary city in my country, in my hemisphere even.

schenekdekie new york?

Which south american shithole do you live in?

What are some good books that take place in nyc?

Attached: Manhattan.jpg (887x639, 263K)

Luckily for you, in nearly every other public forum on the internet there exists censorship with a left-leaning bias. So go anywhere else.

are you scared?

We have Upton Sinclair (the Jungle at least definitely counts as Chicago literature)

>Vancouver
Please just kill me now.
(though we have a pretty nice library)

Attached: 220px-Mao_Zedong_1963_(cropped).jpg (220x291, 17K)

>my city
>almost legendary for like five centuries
>we have a statue dedicate to a dog
>a dog that likes fireworks
>mfw the plaque has spelling errors
>mfw the dog is not even dead

The New York Trilogy
Underworld
Mao II
The Recognitions
Junky
Naked Lunch
On the Road
Motherless Brooklyn
Tropic of Capricorn

Attached: 80B9B96B-AD82-417A-83A6-05E8636CBBC5.jpg (200x329, 18K)

Very because is Buenos Aires (:

Attached: il_570xN.1045997654_e292.jpg (570x456, 61K)

lmao what absolutely pleb taste, shut up
Beautiful and Damned is the best one, gorgeous book about NYC

>Leipzig
Goethe and Schiller lived and wrote some of their works here. Nietzsche comes from a very small village south of the city, and studied in the Uni of Leipzig. There's a fuckhuge annual bookfair, and a very lively art scene fueled by the low rent prices and empty spaces. All in all 8/10 can't complain.

Invisible Man
Go Tell It on the Mountain
Another Country
Jazz

same

Istanbul.
Living in the district literally called "Wuthering Heights"

Why is there a district in Istanbul named after a novel set in the north of England

I live in a part of town where all the streets are named after English poets.

moscow. historically opressing the nation's best writers for bad opinions.
the second-hand book stands are comfy & cheap af though

Attached: 1555437208659.jpg (1078x992, 135K)

>Arnhem, Netherlands
nothing literary, whatsoever. Escher lived here, though.

Attached: CIA.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>8/10 can't complain
Germans are the worst tier of human

my village has no library. the adjoining hamlet has one, which does not have a single copy of any dostoevsky, dumas, tolstoy, eliot, joyce, dickens, the list goes on and on of the utterly miserable paucity of Yea Forums extant within my environment

Attached: IMG_0406.jpg (1003x1024, 97K)

Pretty based, the local library was the home of Napoleon for a short time during the Italian campaign

Attached: 1555258857120.png (910x862, 225K)

>Gothenburg
Rilke spent some time in the town I'm from (few miles outside of the city), and Harry Martinson worked in the factory there when he was a young man. It doesn't really have a library though, as it's tiny, and my knowledge of the city's local talents is shamefully lacking.

I'll have the three piece

t. 16 year old from his suburban home without a clue

We have those in our city
Are they a thing outside of Germany? Asking only out of curiosity because I never saw one abroad.

Attached: Screenshot_20190425_001911.jpg (1080x1409, 588K)

what do people who live like that even do? are you all farmers or something? on welfare? do you have a grocery store?

small towns scare the piss out of me. i'm from a 10k and even that was pretty miserable and devoid of hope. i'd like to live in nyc or tokyo but lamo can't afford it. at a 600k now and it's still too rural for my tastes.

Your concert hall is absolutely smashing, so it makes up for everything.

My town ( or at least the municipality ) was the birthplace and hosted one of the Weimarer Klassik. We have a archive named after him now.
Someone in town apparently translated Shakespeare into German for fun, and the first performance of Shakespeare in German took place here.

I've seen similar things in the US, but only in the front yards of "socially conscious" soccer moms who use them to get rid of their kids' old picture books and whatever airport-novel-tier garbage they read in their free time. There's one near my house, and I have never seen any evidence of books being "checked out" by anyone other than the people living there. From what I can tell it's just a pretentious lawn ornament.
I don't think they really compare to what you're talking about.

Attached: bf4e8b607dc0977ac6716393681840bd_original.jpg (1552x873, 371K)

ah yes

Dublin

Attached: 164741-1413261070805.jpg (1000x667, 193K)

>Your concert hall is absolutely smashing
Have sex

Is it like a self-service outdoor library?
I have seen a few in some residential complexes in China across the country, but only in complexes that have more settled families and older folks than young, working-class individuals.