Is it pathetic for grown up man enjoy these books? I've unironically tried to read stuff like Kafka, Camus...

Is it pathetic for grown up man enjoy these books? I've unironically tried to read stuff like Kafka, Camus, Borges but I find it extremely boring to begin with.

These books may be "childish" but at least I enjoy them and give me a very comfy feeling while reading them

Attached: 10817217953822.jpg (1200x1200, 153K)

If you enjoy them as anything other than an occasional throwback to your childhood, then yeah, it's a bit sad.

Yes, it is.
I've enjoyed pokemim a lot as a kid, and it's good to think about those times, but you should move on

you shouldn't be into this stuff after your teenage years/becoming adult

The reason that there is something wrong with it is that a grown man should be intellectually developed enough for children's books to be inane.
You say you find Kafka etc. boring, but most adults would find pokemon books too simplistic and to vapid to enjoy.
So the issue to address isn't the pokemon books themselves, but why you can't enjoy literature of any substance. Are you genuinely unintelligent, are you addicted to easy dopamine sources, are you unhappy and searching for mindless comfort? Only you know

Yes it is, you are likely longing for your childhood days because you feel unsatisfied as an adult.

Not really. Pop culture is basically all infantile and enjoyed by the majority of the adult population.

Honestly, no. I’ll still read harry potter from time to time because it makes me feel cozy, and I’m also addicted to shitty, one-dimensional battle manga. It’s the fact that you can’t enjoy Kafka and Camus that’s a bit concerning.

Yeah I wonder if most of the people in here are in that adolescent stage, and just arrested their development by never going back to childish or poppy art.
Child: Low culture
Adolescent: High culture
Adult: High culture/low culture
People are going to think you're waaay too serious if you can't see low culture as funny, at least important, and (some, most people are NOT highly cultured) people are going to think you're a rube or maybe even stupid if you don't see high culture as interesting.

I'm turning 25 shortly, and I'm still pretty big into pokemon, but my enjoyment of it begins and ends with the video games.
I can't imagine reading Pokemon chapbooks written for the 10 and under crowd.
If you want something easier to read than "the classics" but still having some literary merit and remaining fun to read, check out stuff like Hyperion, BotNS, or Dune.

Yeah that's accurateI still love where the sidewalk ends, but I also love Moby Dick

>it's a ash releases his best pokemon chapter

What's really pathetic is your caring about what a bunch of internet contrarians think about what you do for fun.
Sperg.

Dune is booooring. Hard pass.

>I can't focus on anything that doesn't sparkle and jingle to get my attention every 4-6 minutes

First three are good. 4 is slow. 5 is fine. The rest is endless trash

You have arrested development and should seek help. The one silver lining is that at least you're not alone, much of the western world is in the same predicament. However, taking solace in being part of a disease is degenerate.

There are only 6 dune books, all worth reading. Anything that doesn't list Frank Herbert as the sole author is fanfiction and should not be read.

Sperg. You're misremembering that yawnfest.

I'm sure someone made the argument that his son continuing the books fits thematically.

Except Leto II continuing down the Golden Path happens specifically because Paul was too human and fallible to reign over humanity in that way, and he knew it. Leto was able to go much farther down the Golden Path with much greater success than his father.
For the metaphor to work, Frank's books would have to be interesting and promising but lacking some special essence. Whereas Brian and KJA's work would then be the heady and remarkable sci-fi adventure Frank Herbert's books showed inklings of.
But Frank Herbert's books are, for the most part, masterworks, while Kevin and Brian's swill is some of the most generic, soulless sci-fi I've ever had the displeasure to read.

>These books may be "childish" but at least I enjoy them and give me a very comfy feeling while reading them

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28K)

These books were designed to make you feel ‘comfortable’. Reading actual literature is a bit uncomfortable.

The point of life is not to increase one’s immediate comforts but to increase one’s future comforts.

Hence why reading these books is like just sleeping around with random people with no cause or care to whom they are :3

you are trying to escape the burden of the post-modern society, OP