>tfw untranslated french in my dosto

I'm so anal that i have to translate it all. Should i just learn the amphibian tongue. Hence more general question for Yea Forums- is it better to master one language, or learn many? How many?

Attached: b49.gif (828x828, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/908788/5?tocOpened=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How many?
Four.
English, French, German & Russian.

>not being able to read french in a Russian novel

Never gonna make it

I don't buy into the whole translation meme. Why cant i enjoy the art of the novel and the art of translation?

>he isn't born in Belgium and speaks Dutch by nature, French soon thereafter, English by cultural osmosis, and German because it's so close to Dutch and mandatory in school as well
>he didn't take Latin and Greek when he was 13 years old
Never, ever, gonna make it.

You should always be learning at least one language

I mean at least he isn't Belgian

>virgin untranslated french in russian novel
>chad untranslated german in japanese

Attached: jap old text with german.jpg (1780x1338, 317K)

This is only true for the Flemish part in my experience. Francophone Belgians can't speak other languages for shit in my experience, not even English.

In any caae Luxemburg would have been a much better example.

Why do you read such lewd books, user-kun?

You don't speak English very well, I wouldn't be so high on your horse.

what book is that`?

The title is right there: 人間の性的暗黒面
I'd be interested in hearing how and why he found it.

Found the pic on Yea Forums a year or two ago, that's all I can say about it

t.

Ok thanks, looks pretty interesting. I wonder who originally posted it. Some Nip interested in old erotica and theories of eroticism? I can't imagine the kind of person who actually stumbles upon that kind of book.

p much this

>all European languages
To not be a pleb you must know at least one non-European language.

Are you actually a monoglot? That must be awful.
I myself know Finnish, French, English, and enough Irish to get by on the west coast.

Why bother? I guess China and Japan have a decent amount of literature, but what's even the point of learning a language from SSA or nahuatl?

Too bad dutch is literally the ugliest language out there

Language programs are so bad in america, I barely remember any of the spanish I learned. Are podcasts a decent way to learn languages as a wageslave?

Language programs are bad everywhere, don't feel bad
And I wouldn't recommend podcasts until you're at least familiar with the language. Spanish shouldn't be hard for an English speaker though, so you could probably get there quickly if you study on your own.

Chinese is hard to learn though

>g*rman
lmao
What the fuck is this, mori ogai?

Arabic. Or just learn Japanese, that's super easy.

dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/908788/5?tocOpened=1
Here you go

>doesn't know russian
Why are you posting in this thread?

Not worth being Belgian.

Depends on how you define 'better' and where you live.

I had a coworker who spoke German and English besides his Hungarian mother tongue and he got promoted to a higher position pretty quickly, since he could more easily deal with foreign clients. In Europe, in high-paying jobs, you usually have to work with foreigners, and speaking many languages at a basic level is better than speaking one language really good.

But maybe that's only Europe and not really the case in the USA, since usually other's learn English, so you don't have to care about learning foreign languages.

However, if you work in a cultural space, or work in humanities, or work in an area where charisma is important (journalist, writer, lots of public speaking, TV, entertainment, movie industry, television, etc.), than having a a large vocabulary, being expressive and easy to listen to, being expressive and being charismatic is a must, so in that case, it's probably better to read and dig deeper into grammar and literature.

If you thinking on a strictly personnal basis, then just do whatever you feel like doing. Some people enjoy learning about other cultures and they treat learning new languages as hobbies. Some people like to learn about their own language but abhor learning new languages. If you feel like you don't want to study french for a book than read translations, since they suffice it 90% of the time. If you enjoy learning new languages, then get into learning french.

If you're really not sure about what to do, then just go ahead and start learning it, and if you feel like it's not for you you can quit at any time. Duolingo is free after all.

L A T I N

Why did you bother learning Irish? Even on the west coast hardly anybody speaks it, and the ones that do also speak fluent English, and there's very few good books written in Irish.

It's really not that bad.
Once your brain restructures to be able to store hanzi better you are left with very simple analytical grammar with some structural oddities.

You are right about the translation meme on Yea Forums.
But, see

I hate the impagination so much

Brb learning Xhosa

Well I know english french, japanese and my native tongue spanish,I'm planning on learning german thou because there's a lot of unstranslated shit and I really like to read books on their original language.

Attached: 1556052049363-311382999.jpg (4128x2322, 2.57M)

If you are interested in literature, you have to learn French.
There is no way around that simple truth, delude yourself as much as you want.

How hard was french for you? I'm also hispanophone and been on the verge of entering the Alliance Française. I fear it'll take too much of my increasingly limited time, should I?

Should have gone with P&V. Constance Garnett plebs will never learn

>bought a copy of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
>the entire novel is in untranslated French
wtf??

Wrong, non-whites are worthless

Learning how to pronounce it's probably the only thing that's really hard for us spanish speakers since they have many more sounds than we do, other than that the grammar is pretty similar to us and many of their vocabulary is similar to us, thou their orthography is a nightmare.