Do you like Stefan Zweig, user? He's a great writer, right? There surely isn't a more comfy place than pre-WW1 Austria...

Do you like Stefan Zweig, user? He's a great writer, right? There surely isn't a more comfy place than pre-WW1 Austria, for sure.

Attached: download (9).jpg (216x192, 7K)

austro-hungarian empire territories in general. prague is Yea Forums as fuck

That shit is really comfy. I miss reading Zweig.

(((Zweig)))
(((pre-WW1 Austria)))

Yeah, he was a kike, so what? His books are great either way. Would you discard Einstein's theories just because he was a (((Jew)))?

Attached: 1556005156392.jpg (707x490, 59K)

Everyone reads his The World of Yesterday which is just a nostalgic fuck adoplh hitlerf rant

fug
i have his books, but those are both historical novels, a genre i dislike

Attached: IMG_20190423_111059.jpg (780x1040, 82K)

>Everyone reads his The World of Yesterday which is just a nostalgic fuck adoplh hitlerf rant
Just imagine if WWII didn't ever happen for a second and the millions of deaths and cities being razed to the ground.

>but those are both historical novels, a genre i dislike
what are their titles? I can't read ruskie.

>a genre i dislike
cringe

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x1600, 295K)

>reading a literal commie hegelian
disgusting

zweig was pro european in the purest and most honorable sense of the term. fuck that faggot hitler

>zweig was pro european in the purest and most honorable sense of the term
Based. If only there was peace in Europe and not the flawed EU after, but what Zweig wanted the World would have been a much better place. We only got the discount version of europeanism after World War II instead of Chad Zweig.

Attached: 049f96e6bcda49309b52fe1cce540957.jpg (521x700, 133K)

After reading Chess Story I downloaded a film called “Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe.” Anybody know if it’s any good?
Also I can’t find it right now but there’s a funny story about I think Robert Walser’s opinions on Zweig

> I downloaded a film called “Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe.” Anybody know if it’s any good?
I've heard of it but never watched it. It's probably one of those low budget, unknown european movies that aren't really fun to watch but are really interesting.

Marie Antoinette & Maria Stuart
i don't like historical figures so much i'd read a novel about them, i'm more into general history than specific persons

Attached: IMG_20190423_113833.jpg (1875x1560, 1.08M)

>Marie Antoinette & Maria Stuart
Yeah, that sounds kinda boring lol. Get some of the great works of Stefan Zweig and you'll enjoy them a lot more.

Attached: 1503977700807.jpg (960x640, 155K)

does he have the remark-esque Comfy early 20th century Europe feels (but pre-war)? if so i'm going to devour it.

Attached: 1497693011246.jpg (1000x652, 449K)

>He's a great writer, right
no, unless you want to learn really bad style like when he chains mutliple similes together in the same paragraph.

> isn't a more comfy place than pre-WW1 Austria
it was weimar 1.0

Yeah he's good. Not enough nervous to my taste but still good. Also he's one of these guys that don't give up on morality, and for that he deserves respect. Oddly I prefer dark/depressive fiction but I'm impressed when a writer sides with the goodguys.

His non fiction is notoriously better than his fiction, I was skeptical about non fiction but I really enjoyed 'Amerigo' (it's like a short enquiry on why America was called America) - it reads even better than a short story. I'm pretty sure his biographies are very good, partly because he wasn't a professional historian, just a good writer.

Attached: 22768530676.jpg (480x640, 73K)

>does he have the remark-esque Comfy early 20th century Europe feels (but pre-war)?
I don't think so. It's probably an overrall depressing film.

What is remark-esque?

Attached: 1356510_1 (1).jpg (630x630, 58K)

>no, unless you want to learn really bad style like when he chains mutliple similes together in the same paragraph.
Yeah, I understand that he has a sort of cheap and easy-smooth writing style that is even repetitive and expected sometimes, but I think he has more to do with substance over style, it's the epoch that he invokes that really catches my eyes and some of the characters have some psychological aspects that I enjoy. He's really smooth and easy to read too, so it's pleasurable to read Zweig.

Attached: 800px-Giséle,_by_Elizabeth_Shippen_Green,_1908.jpg (800x1325, 399K)

> What is remark-esque?
similar to Remark's books. i find them unexplainably comfy
thanks, i should start reading more non-fiction

I wouldn't call him a great writer, but I love reading his books.

>I wouldn't call him a great writer
Great in the sense that he's really a good writer, not in the "great" great sense.

Attached: D1-h0D64s3S._CR0,0,3840,2880_._SL1000_.jpg (1000x750, 66K)

I like this book, especially all the bits about needing literal decades to win people's respect and the stuff abut prostitutes.

Haven't read his historical fiction, but some of his histories/biographies are nice.

>There surely isn't a more comfy place than pre-WW1 Austria, for sure.
Reas Man Without Qualities, brainlet. Kuked monarchy was a dysfunctional state.

>Read Man Without Qualities
I have it on my Kindle. I tried reading, ehhhh... I didn't like it very much.

Attached: 2d13cf13bfeb86a125582e4c73cbc50a.jpg (564x705, 62K)

Currently living in Vienna, Austria is still very comfy and Vienna pretty patrician.

If that is the Zweig biopic that came out a couple years ago, it is surprisingly good!

Austria gang

Attached: mosaic928e39f80ee274c89e166eb5f5dd707bf5bc6392.jpg (920x920, 195K)

Trips don't lie. Should have been dismantled by Napoleon like the >h>r>e. Only remained sort of there until WWI because the last leader was charismatic.

trakl is the only good one here

>all the good Austrians are actually Czech

Attached: 0B505CCC-EBF5-47D0-9A1D-26FBC1890472.jpg (255x238, 32K)