My novel is currently 1,180 pages

with all of the notes, it's 1,443 pages currently. It'll never be published. I'm drunk, and it's Monday. Give me a page number and I'll post the SC

Attached: kid 1000.jpg (640x400, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BrVl1hWrWBs
mega.nz/#!ssBwHCQS!ueKOKNGmHofeaAhvaLgu-4fNOt0Mw-zV7BocIWAVFDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's it about?

pOSTN PAGE 420 BROTHAA let us whatyu wrot ein that

I only read horny erotica

Ctrl + F "Nigger" and show us the count
I'll decide if I read it then

Attached: pp69.png (1344x640, 105K)

>lacuna
stopped reading

I use open office. Is there a way to get a count? I Ctlr + F'd it, and the first nigger showed up on pp26

Condense it into half and you might have an alright novel on your hands.

Have you thought about cutting it down to its best parts? You should give us a synopsis.

how's my nigger count here?

Attached: monologue.png (668x1944, 180K)

ctrl+H, not sure if it gives a count though

page 1 is just the title and stuff, not really any words
it's conceptual sci-fi as its premise, but that's the frame

goddamn it it's this user again

Tell us the basic starting point of the plot, OP

Hmm yeah, this is pretty good. You have yourself a fan

What's the title?

This

Attached: pp420.png (1344x640, 84K)

then you should ask for page 2

page 1 through 1443

What program are you using?

What program is that?

open office
it's way better than MS for writing
you can easily turn off all the spellcheck and grammarcheck bullshit that gets in the way of the thinking process

please still post page 1

well, page 2

>1,443 pages

youtube.com/watch?v=BrVl1hWrWBs

Attached: pp1.png (1344x640, 79K)

Post the whole thing you faggot

it's not done
though I will offer the first book for free on Yea Forums when I get it proofed and formatted
fuck the publishing industry
here's another book I wrote and self-published. you can have it free mega.nz/#!ssBwHCQS!ueKOKNGmHofeaAhvaLgu-4fNOt0Mw-zV7BocIWAVFDQ

reads like wannabe PKD or something

have you considered deleting half of it

you read a 200,000 word book in 3 min? shit, nigga

no just skimmed the first two pages

>OCD
stopped reading

Hi, OP.

Can you give me quantitative info about yourself?

I like to set goals for myself, and like to use other writers as inspiration.

- how many hours do you read per day? How many do you write?
- do you have a number of pages which you have to write per day?
- how many books do you read per year? If you don't know the number, just give an approximation;
- how do you organize your reading: how much fiction? How much poetry? How much non-fiction, philosophy, history etc.?

Thanks in advance.

>Amino by Feistemal
>word search: "nigger"
>zero results
and in to the trash it goes

I have no problem with deleting huge portions. I've done it. I'm not in love with my words. I'm 37. I've been writing for 20 years. I only want to write what is interesting, not what makes me looks smart. I get all that. I have a degree in writing.
I don't care about getting it published.
The point I'm making is not that this is a bad book. It's the best book I've written, desu, and I've written many.
The point is that the publishing industry is kiked beyond belief.
I've worked in the publishing industry. My book is no longer than IJ (fuck the shills, IJ is a masterpiece). But IJ would literally never be published today.
Get beyond publishing. Write it, and give it out for free yourself. That's what I intend to do

Awesome, good work, now edit in into 400 pages of something tight and actually readable

>Get beyond publishing. Write it, and give it out for free yourself. That's what I intend to do
based and tripchecked

based trips

looked it up - i like the cover but i can't read the last two letters of your surname

Answer

It depends, because my work fucks with my writing. So I can answer your question as if I were as I was when I was writing at my most productive.
Reading: 2 hours per day
Writing: 6 hours, not including breaks, but I personally think if you can write 4 hours a day, for 5 days a week, that's very high output
Don't think in terms of pages, think in word count.
Highest I've done is 10,000 a day. But that is rare. I think if you could do 7,000 a day, you're at a VERY high output. You also have days where you're revising a lot, so don't always focus on how many words you put out
Optimal a book a week is solid. You honestly don't need to read more than that. But, again, it depends on word count. If you read IJ, or Proust, then that's a month or two of reading for one book
Probably read about 50 books last year, which was high because I was unemployed for 6 months.
I only read fiction. It's the only thing I enjoy, and it's the only thing I write. When I was younger (I'm 37) I read history and philosophy

Thank you, user. It's because I don't care about myself. I know I'm shit. I hope my writing will mean something to other people and help them with their lives in this world that is very much devoid of meaning, and which only creates less meaning in every little instant gratification click we clutch at

wtf i need to up my game, im so pathetic. those numbers sound unreachable from where im standing

Attached: pp2.png (1344x640, 102K)

this is actually unironically very good. You have a nice sense of rhytm. It reads very smoothly.

You really don't need to write anywhere near that much a day. Quality over quantity. Anyone can take adderall and write 10,000 words a day, but that doesn't mean any of them have worth

i wrote like a page and a half yesterday, and I had plenty of time to write

im never gonna make it

Have you thought about getting an editor? I like it, but I think having a fresh set of eyes on this would improve it

I wouldn't worry, user. I'm guessing you're still in your low 20s. If you focus and stay with it, you'll be able to increase. Stick with it. Don't think it was easy for me. It was hard as fuck for me for many years. But when you get it, and you hit that stride, and you can't stop writing, and spend the whole day doing it, and your output is 10,000 words, and you know it's good shit, there's nothing better in life.

It's alright user, I haven't written anything in a year since I'm trying to sort my life out. Have been doing some freelance editing though, which can be rather enjoyable as well

thank you very much, user. your words do my heart good

>low 20s
late 20's but im new to writing, i would appreciate your critique tho

I've probably sent over 100 query letters, all rejected. Also, I have worked in proofreading at a publishing house. Though if anyone on Yea Forums would like to help my improve my 900,000 word (still incomplete) novel, I am taking applications

Great grasp of grammar (no alliteration intended), and that is something that is actually really huge, and a lot of readers, and writers, don't appreciate. Very good use of language.
My criticism would be that it's too vague, or nonspecific. Think about writing details that are hard. I think adjectives are fine, but something specific is much more profound in the reader's mind. You can describe a shitty apartment in all it's details, but just saying some more profound detail, like there were beer bottles lined all along the walls, gives the reader a chance to build that apartment in his own mind, which is way more powerful.
Overall, shows great potential. Realize it takes at least 10,000 hours of doing anything until you're a master at it. In this world, you have no choice but to be a master

Reads like Tao Lin on ritalin.

thank you, first actually helpful advice ive gotten on this site

I just want to tell you user that your writing is really good but more than that your motivations are noble. And as much as I envy your obvious talent, I envy your spirit more. I hope you inspire as many people as possible with your work. You've certainly inspired me.

>OCD
get rid of this

Start with the last line.
>After the residents began to realize.....

In other words you need to edit this a lot. It's a bit undercooked.

Hi luke

I hate people who get drunk.

I prefer wholesome books

Attached: 1435981659413.jpg (352x557, 81K)

How do I write something the publishing kikes will love? What's it they like?

>it should be noted
Stopped reading there

Please publish this

Inspiring stuff OP, good for you. What do you do for money?

needs more speed...

>whos your inspiration btw? its not bad

Attached: 86A6E143-276C-4C42-BDBC-E1F604F73B97.jpg (1658x2046, 995K)

Learn French and publish in France

>What's it they like?
Emasculated men
Scatology
Miscegenation
Women of color authors
Sexual themes
Fecal matter
Holocaust guilt
Poop

I remember you now.

I like it.

Do you have an idea of what you are going to write before writing? Sounds dumb, but unless I have a strict, well defined idea with all the little details thought out, I can't even start writing.

Also, where can I find your books in epub format? (I'm not american, I don't have an amazon account and don't intend to make one in the near future.)

Pretty alright stuff OP.

This is actually really nice. I hope to read it when you are done with it

Yea Forums is frequented by high profile intellectuals. Nevar forget, fren

As you mention it how strictly are you splitting writing from editing?

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1555947951736.jpg (708x1000, 449K)

Is this happening in the same universe as the novella - you know the one?

You need a good editor, this thing is readable and sounds engaging to me. But like I said, if you are serious about publishing, this needs to be edited hard. too many, punctuation mistakes and, not enough paragraph breaks.

that's funny
i like it

Attached: 1478925203135.jpg (1000x800, 92K)

OP said open office you human retard

This is good! Very cool character development. Nice, everything's possible on this hellhole of a website. For some reason, I thought of John Kennedy Toole. I would recommend to show it to an editor as soon as possible.

I want to read your book, op.

>Duane Fantoni
I yodeled with laughter. Fuck you OP, it's actually pretty good.

You're retarded

There is a fine line between crippling retardation and genius

hey
this is pretty good

Something at a normal length, publishers aren't going to gamble on a doorstopper for a first book because it costs twice as much to produce a 1000+ page book that doesn't retail for much more than a 300-400 page book.

How old r u? Maybe break it up into 3 volumes?

Hey if it's good enough for Cervantes it's good enough

I unironically like it.

Unironically really good OP. Hope you can get it published some day.

It’s really good. It is readable and engaging. I admire the commitment. Did you outline?

It's not shit! I would read this, but like everyone is saying, you need an editor.

If you don't publish this, I will kill myself.

And for all the other faggots that said they like his writing. He posted a completed book of his titled Amino here >mega.nz/#!ssBwHCQS!ueKOKNGmHofeaAhvaLgu-4fNOt0Mw-zV7BocIWAVFDQ
read that shit. we might not be able to get him published but we can make him a Yea Forums meme

We should start a reading group for Amino.

Attached: giphy.gif (354x163, 2.78M)

You need an editor.

A few moments of good humour, there. Some editing and paragraph breaks and this could be a good second chapter to a novel.

>tfw Luke Feistamel becomes Yea Forums's Benno von Archimboldi

Attached: s90kx.jpg (604x402, 36K)

kek, it's part of the first chapter

Attached: sample3.png (2368x892, 205K)

when op has finished properly editing this down it'll be no more than a pamphlet

unironically good, I feel like I know this character's soul

thanks man, check out some more

>dat goblina
my condolences OP

Attached: lukefeistamel.jpg (900x900, 59K)

cut that shit out user

You seem pretty good and dedicated, keep it up

for what purpose?

kys

Attached: 1555038729478.gif (272x281, 1.99M)

Can't wait till we all meet at the obscure Feistamelian conferences in Europe and South America, and then hit the pubs afterword to discuss the themes in his writing. Good times ahead.

Attached: IMG_7452.jpg (1586x2216, 2.08M)

hey luke

It carried me through with a smooth cadence. I like it, it just needs some touching on punctuation. It's leagues better than the convoluted, choppy, and pretentious garbage that most people post here.

From Amazon:
>In the wake of the US outlawing the genetic modification of human beings, two agents of the Chicago Genetic Security Authority begin to uncover a plot by a terrorist organization to destroy the GSA and free the "gen-mods" from persecution. But when these rebels turn out not to be the freedom fighters they claim, the political situation in Chicago erupts into violence.
Sounds very PKD

Pussies

any time. I'll offer more to anyone asking
this warms my heart

>all that libre software
>on wangblows

Attached: image.jpg (500x500, 90K)

hey, glad your back. wanted to ask you who your top five authors are? top ten if you care to name that many

Critique me, if you don't mind

that doesn't sound dumb. that sounds smart. that's what you should be doing if you want to write an engaging novel
I basically have it outlined, without details, and a vague middle I can play around with, before I start
here's the PDF mega.nz/#!ssBwHCQS!ueKOKNGmHofeaAhvaLgu-4fNOt0Mw-zV7BocIWAVFDQ
I published it in mobi, but I could try to get an epub version out there for free dl on mega

I used to edit my novels a lot more than I do now, but I stopped that because if you have to revise it more than three times, it might no be working, and time could be better spend on another project
If it's a 100,000 word novel, I try to write it in 3 months and then revise and proof over the next six months, but taking breaks. It's good to take a month break between revisions. Proofing doesn't need breaks. But to put it in perspective, I revised the first book of Glowbug, which is about 90,000 words, in 4 days. waiting about a month, did the second one, etc. Now I'll proof it when I get time.

have you ever gotten any decent response to the work you've sent out?

Gogol, Dostoyevsky, DFW, Flaubert, Balzac, Maupassant, Maugham, Tolstoy. those are the ones where I've read most of their books multiple times

no

NOT YET

Damn. I'm reading Amino and it's very scifi. You don't have any scifi authors in your top? surprised

your prose is good. I would suggest being less edgy. Using "nigger" once, in the right place, could be a lot more profound than using it 1,000 times. Also, it seems like you have some good concepts. Start with those. Right away force the reader to think "I want to know what's going on." That will make them read on. The character details can be mixed in later

He has Heinlein, Vonnegut, Tolkein, Hyperion and Dune rated very highly on his Goodreads account. Infinite Jest is technically sci fi too.

I like a lot of authors. In terms of sci-fi, probably Heinlein, Herbert, PKD are what I most read
I guess I grew up reading sci-fi, and then got my degree in English, and read more lit. though I still love sci-fi

thanks, forgot about some of those. But I never got around to adding all the books I've read to Goodreads

Well the nigger thing only applies to that one character. There are multiple characters throughout the book that will be examined. If I had to settle on one character who would be the MC it would probably be Andy. In fact, I would put the Swede as third runner up best. Any nore concrete tips would be greatly appreciated, like specific things you think don't sound good or should be changed. Not removing the "niggers" though because that's going to be a sort of motif for the Swede.

Also thank you, I appreciate the sincerity and goodwill of your critique. You seem like a cool guy. Look forward to reading your book

In terms of concrete, I think the best thing you could do with a scene like this is give some sense of an impending problem. If a character digresses, a good way to keep the reader interested is to have a problem in the background the character is not dealing with, because then we feel "Do something!" and we keep reading to find out what he will do. I know a lot of this sounds cartoonish, but prize winner authors do this all the time, Oran Pamuk, JM Coetzee
Thanks. I hope Yea Forums can be a cool place for authors to help each other an their readers

Wow, funny that you say that because I just realized how I want to end the chapter. It's goes exactly with what you say because it introduces the central conflict of the plot in an intriguing and cliffhangerish way(the central conflict of the novel is thematic rather than plot based but the central plot conflict mirrors it) Thanks man, top tier advice
>Thanks. I hope Yea Forums can be a cool place for authors to help each other an their readers
If you stick around, I'm sure it will!

You are an inspiration Feistanon.

I'm new to the whole trying to write books thing, but I've been pondering how to approach publishing even though I only have some rough outlines for novels. I feel that aspect has an important impact on how the writing process is approached. The market for books is not infinite, and what matters for publishability is what the reader wants to read, not what the author wants to write.

I think this has been a rut I was stuck in, pandering feels disingenuous and unauthentic which causes all kinds of mental blocks and procrastination. But this thread and your comments made me reflect on this topic again.

So much like you I have decided that I'm just going to make my works available online so people can hate it for free(for fiction anyway). However, unlike you, I'm going do to it under a pseudonym, you absolute madman.

>Won't be published

You can just drop it on Amazon or even stick a pdf on a Web server and link it on here, then it's "published"

Get over the need for affirmation from illusory authority, it's immature

Do some cuts. "Like most people with OCD" actually makes the characterization of Duane Fantoni stick less because it describes insofar as it describes a whole lot of people.

Read and ask yourself "what does this add or take from the piece?" then cut or leave it.

I am a somewhat harsh and meticulous editor, and at this point I only do it for free (for friends). I also have an average reading speed of ~700wpm, so the size of the corpus doesn't intimidate me. When you've finished your first draft, I'd be happy to take a look at it. clown.savant at protonmail.com if you're interested.

A simple run-through for errors or a thorough vivisection - whatever degree of editorial intensity you desire, I can offer, and if you're pleased with the results that'll be reward enough for me.

>standard disclaimer that I won't steal your shit & run off with it goes here, I may be a bastard but not that kind of bastard etc

Attached: 8F4B1877-22D4-4161-8D17-1FC9C3133EA9.jpg (723x493, 80K)

People like to be affirmed in their passions that they spend great portions of their lives on. Self-publishing on Amazon surprisingly doesn't quite fulfill this need for affirmation.

I like it

affirmation is genetically ingrained in us. you participate in that rate race too just from different things possibly.

Question for Feistamel, if you're still around: what would you say your novels revolve around thematically? What are the major themes of your novels?

I like it OP, you should pursue this if for no other reason than the egotistical fact that I want to read the entire thing.

bump so I can get my question () answered

>Writing 1000 pages in a fucking word processor
How's the nuthouse treating you?

Reads like a longwinded 4chin tale

is a word processor not ideal here? with what else would one write?

I find this enjoyable because your Swede character reminds me very much of the handful of Swedes I know, in speech and thought patterns.

Attached: sg4grrshdlxz.png (495x738, 808K)

He's based on a Swede I used to be know that would blurt out "nigger!" al the time, like if he would stub his toe or something. The guy was a chick magnet too. Glad you like it.

hilarious

It's fucking good :/

Needs an editor tho

i like this a lot, user

in the user that's starting up the publishing company for Yea Forums, send this out to as many publishers as you can but if none of them will pick it up i'd gladly publish it user. we have a couple editors on the team already. do you have a public email?

op please let this guy edit your book

he has a goodreads page. maybe there's an email there. google "Luke Feistamel"

OP, what program are you using?

Anybody else know?

If so, how can I get it (for free)?

It's not bad.

Very disgusting writing, OP. We both know you can do better than this.

Duane is not a good double entendre for even an anti-hero. Select all & delete. The next one will be better.

that's just open office

There's an email in the PDF file on the copyright page of Amino.
also someone tell him this cover sucks, you can't read his name in black font on a black background.

Attached: file.png (684x933, 645K)

Not as bad as I expected

Maybe he did that on purpose, stylistic choice.

sadness; mental suffering and how it affects people, makes them do things which we find strange, absurdity; control (not having it, wanting it, losing it, being controlled, not wanting to be controlled) that's probably why I use a lot of wall imagery.
good question user

How come you haven't finished it?

my mistake for posting page count. in publishing, page count means nothing. word count is what they look at. I write single spaced, 12pt size, which is about 700 words per page. The average novel is about 250 words per page. Of course, when the word count gets really high, they add more words per page. This is why page count means nothing. My novel is now more than a million words. If published, I think it would be the second or third longest book ever published. Imagine doing that for eight years and no one cared about it until you drunkposted on Yea Forums. That's kind of why I stopped. Though I've written 8 of the 10 planned books, and the rest of it is outlined.
The response on Yea Forums has been very meaningful to me. I appreciate all the goodwill, and even the criticism. I really will try to spend all the free time I have proofing book one to get it out there soon. Again, it will all be free.

good shit, and good luck in the future.

What writing software is this?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.50.57 AM.png (41x34, 8K)

Open Office

I hope you get published user, I like your writing

based

>Though I've written 8 of the 10 planned books, and the rest of it is outlined.
so, does the book just end in the middle of the story? or are you going to write the last two parts

P. Good. Get a job so you can pay an editor

Godspeed, I hope you make another thread when it is done or about the others because I do intend to read your work. Cheer's to goodwill.

How did your other post get all those (you) and not this one. Please add a Schrodingers niggerstory to the next lit book

We are not a basketweaving forum, we're a basketweaving SUPPORT forum. godspeed

absolutely based OP

I'm interested in this venture and would like to know more. What exactly is the idea behind this company and how do you envision it to operate, if you don't mind me asking?

>12988882
Your prose is good, but what those anons said. you need to edit and cut, spruce it up, trim it down.

You write well. Relax. It doesn't look like shit. The story might be shit, but the prose is competent.

I think 1000 a day is high output. I mean i could write 5000 or more, but they would be a lot more shitty than those 1000.

OooooooOOOO he based

I hope you do. Fuck publishers porkies don't know whats good

>tfw it isn't shit and is actually based

keep it up

Attached: 1426295304678.png (299x250, 71K)

I'm not the same guy as OP

Good luck, OP.

Ever thought about self-publishing + printing on demand?

Does require some more effort from you (editing, 'designing' cover, etc.), but you can decide most of the price and reap most of the benefits

Good luck fren.

>Imagine doing that for eight years and no one cared about it until you drunkposted on Yea Forums
Sounds about right....Please keep your fellow Yea Forumsizens posted on your progress and pop in time to time to update us with whatever is happening. You've inspired me to keep going.

bump

bump

this, looking forward to your continued presence on this board. we could use a boost in quality

wait, I have OCD. Is that an OCD thing to do? cause I've never heard that before. Is that why I always get these big ideas and I'm always too lazy follow through? I thought that was just the millennial inside me.

Attached: 1552428241645.jpg (640x632, 45K)

I'm not sure what that has to do with OCD either

do she bond burger her mother?

Having read through this thread and the extracts, I would unironically buy and read this. I hate reading on a screen so I'd need it to be an actual physical book, and I hope this one day is a reality.

hello luke

I really hope this is OP replying to his own post. Your ideas are not bad, but your prose is terrible.

>the radiators were not radiating

not OP, but what's so bad about it? maybe you read too much "literary fiction", some authors go way over to top imo with their attempts at originality in prose, too much focus on aesthetics and style

>maybe you read too much "literary fiction"
kek, Yea Forums 2019

i don't mean that i read genre fiction, which i don't at all (last genre fiction book i read was dune and that was probably 10 years ago), but i mean particularly contemporary "literary fiction" has become too style focused, the prose comes off as pretentious attempts at originality. think dfw or franzen

>franzen
>attempts at originality
we've read very different franzen