Please recommend me books

I'm poor and autistic and unemployed and a virgin and am generally unhappy with where I am in life and I haven't traveled any in my life

I like to read books with a strong sense of location (and optionally some traveling)

Not nonfiction stuff because it makes me jealous (unless the author is actually a nice person idk)
No fantasy or sci-fi stuff either I like things that feel close to earth like characters walking on actual earth and feeling the sun and getting rocked by waves and they go places and there are actual people living in those places

I read the count of monte cristo last year and really liked the sailing islands stuff and the parts in rome
Previously I read some chinese classics and I liked em but those are long and feel too translationy sometimes a bit dumb

Plot doesn't matter too much

Attached: me ready to read.jpg (657x527, 38K)

subhuman

I don't know what you want!

I feel like Rings of Saturn (W.G. Sebald) had a good bit of what you are looking for

Read Robinson Crusoe, I really think you’ll get something from it

How about Rudyard Kipling? You'll get that comfy colonial era exoticism. Hemingway could work for you as well, check out For Whom the Bell Tolls. You could also start lifting, get a job/gf and travel.

Don Quixote

crime and punishment

Unironically Captain Fracasse. Plus it'll make you(want to)get laid.

Ty I'll take notes and start going through these in random order, read some of em but its been so long might as well read again

Read Gide and/or Garcia marquez

I know you said no nonfiction but I'm going to recommend Joshua Slocum's Sailing Alone Around The World anyway

It's a fascinating little book and features plenty of sailing islands like in Monte Cristo.

Invisible Cities. And then every other sentence that’s ever been put to paper by the hands of Italo Calvino

LOTR then watch the movie when you're done with them

>poor
>unemployed
>virgin
Shouldn't you be working on these issues before reading?

he should, doesn’t mean he can or want to

>doesn’t mean he can or want to
What sort of excuses are those?

Namely entertained. Remember pouring over this as a kid. No idea why i found it so fascinating but its a fond memory no less.

Attached: robinsoncrusoe00defo_2.jpg (180x295, 21K)

You won’t regret it.

Attached: 9B3E73EC-CCAC-445B-97C3-DB1CB9F46A3B.jpg (303x475, 24K)

Book of the New sun, the story is a big journey

Attached: 1555475194022.jpg (600x600, 133K)

The Sheltering Sky
The Riddle of the Sands