Are the gospels objectively good books?

Are the gospels objectively good books?

Attached: john gospel.jpg (1200x900, 285K)

John is beautiful prose and philosophical, Matthew is a bit too Jewish. Luke-Acts is very nice and takes a historical approach. Mark is a bit bare and has a more crude approach.

I recommend reading them side after doing them one by one

Luke is my favorite

NOT THE ONES IN THE JUDEOCHRISTIAN BIBLE, BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPTED —ID EST: JUDAIZED.

Judaized literature is great. I love Judaized literature. What don't you like about it?

Matthew is my favorite, John has too many super powers

No, three of them plagiarize and try to cover it up
The fourth is filled with embarrassing retcons and polemical rants

>But there are also many other things which Jesus did; which, if they were written every one, the world itself, I think, would not be able to contain the books that should be written.
Kino ending

I’m not even a “Christian” but if you have a heart and any type of aesthetic sense, they’re extremely great works of art.

magdalen-user please go

Shut up heretic

It interests me that, even 2000 years later, Jesus is a pretty extraordinary figure. Consider what he prescribes: absolute, total, unyielding devotion to God. You don't HAVE to give up everything, sell all your possessions, and be poor to follow God. But IF that's what it takes, you'd better fucking do it. Anything, every single thing, that gets in the way of you devoting yourself to God completely and totally needs to be thrown out of your life. Devote yourself to God no matter what, because darkness is ahead and only the devoted will be saved.

It's really incredibly radical, even today. The idea of such an extreme and uncompromising devotion to God seems as alien to us as it must have to the people of Roman Israel.

Attached: Christ_Blessingc1560oil_on_canvasHermitage.jpg (1222x1500, 1.88M)

Yes, another proselytizer for the sadomasochism of being ordered to fear and love under penalty of eternal damnation by an omniscient who's already destined your fate. Radical and extraordinary.

Yes. John is pretty much everyone's favourite. It's the most beautifully written and the most cerebral. The others are more subtle, especially Mark, which is the most overlooked because of how truncated it is. But the purpose of Mark's gospel, opposed to the others, is that it strives to convey the f e e l i n g of the story, hence it's sensory details, like that John the Baptist ate locusts and wild honey. Plus it is likely that it is based on Peter's homilies, Mark being Peter's secretary.

Attached: 23c87900d662dc321bdd50d3db426315.jpg (264x420, 43K)

You know that the church fathers BTFO all heretics a d gnostics right?

>22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”
more like a hasty retcon of what he says in the synoptics about some not tasting death before he comes

Attached: s-l300.jpg (299x300, 13K)

>my Stalinist purges are """BTFOing"""
absolutely psychic

if I was jesus I wouldn't care

>Matthew is a bit too Jewish

No duh, it was the Gospel that was shared with the Ebionies. Israeli Judaics who followed his brother James and held he was the non-divine Christ

The best, actually.

Judas

>88888

Attached: pope+pius+x.jpg (800x1084, 237K)

this incorrect interpretation of that passage is so retarded but so prevalent on this board.

quints confirm, gnosticism is the truth

No. I read all of it and it is nothing but mythos that is not even that great. You have to apply theology and hermeneutics to it for it to get interesting. All of abrahamic religion is a huge waste of time and followers of this dogma dosctrine are the most annoying communities of people known to man. There wasnt anyone more annoying then these. Christians are self hating nihilists who worship ascetism and death.

That is not to say muslims or jews are any better. The juden thinks they are the chosen ones like in some RPG and they act like it, corrupting and disrupting lives of other and being annoying pests they are. Muslims on the other hand are the emotionally stunted retarded child. They have to spread the Truth by any means necessary. They are not self hating cucks like christians so instead they turn your cheek upside down. They are the bringers of apocalypse and idiocracy.

Pick your virtue group and ascend to one of these and also prepare for infighting between denominations, the rebels inside who somehow thought having a different opinion is accepted and then there were many of them so it got accepted and now they celebrate in empty buildings.

The only good thing christianity brought is aesthetic and some philosophy works. Jews and Muslims should die in a fire though.

Attached: 1555960697918.jpg (620x877, 260K)

Uh oh, we got a badass over here.

Attached: 1523686840944.jpg (915x1200, 87K)

>loli
opinion discarded

Why are atheist so shortsighted and autistic?

I'm talking about all the anty heresy books the father's wrote dummy.

Lol

I enjoy how short Mark is
He cuts out all the Christmas faggotry which adds nothing to the other three and just hasJesus have a magic birth just like every other god/man before

I know. I read them. Idiot.

Being to dim to understand Docetism figuratively, or rather to realize how irrelevant the question is in the literal sense, how likewise Theologically futile it is to impose such a thing on Incarnation, how the two are really Dialectically non-contradictory; it's almost as bad as Catholicism proper sanctioning vulgar Dualism. Truly a prefiguration of the Anglo.

Yes, as in, objective moral good.
That's what you meant, right?

Please take your abrasive weirdness somewhere else.