What would you recommend to someone in a mental rut developing a nihilistic world view?

What would you recommend to someone in a mental rut developing a nihilistic world view?

Attached: p1-jiro-a-20140424-870x489.jpg (870x489, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.4channel.org/sci/thread/10573315#top
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seppuku

Lift. And get out of your head.

Existentialism, since most people who claim to be nihilists are just existentialists who don't know what existentialism is and therefore do not create their own reasons for living.

We get it, you work out. I work out as well whoop de do

Good. Keep at it & you won't be a sad cunt.

Christianity and Buddhism were invented almost solely to dress that wound. Not saying you'll come out of either with them stuck to you, probably you'll leave them behind, but those are two of the more ancient wheel-ruts.

'Twere it only so simplistic. Not all of us are such unsophisticated brutes that our disquiet be so easily assuaged.

Except Buddhism (with the exception of some later schools) isn't blindly reassuring like uhh.... some other religions.

Attached: Buddhism Revised Flowchart.jpg (2712x5224, 3.67M)

>Christianity was invented to stop nihilism
>Christianity was almost solely invented to stop nihilism
Did nihilism even exist at the time?

Unironically follow this chart and keep on doing this Yes, lifting alone won't get you out of this rut but combined with developing your own long term goals you shouldn't be too bad.
This is a pretty good thread:
boards.4channel.org/sci/thread/10573315#top

Have you read the bible? It's full of guys talking about how pointless and awful life is

You forgot the chart

Being depro doesn't make you sophisticated, just a dickhead.

Fuck, my bad

Attached: existentialcrisisguide.jpg (2048x1366, 526K)

Tut tut.

Go experience something that is either ennobling to you or that you find cute and endearing.

> Buddhism were invented almost solely to dress that wound.
Buddhism rubs salt into that wound until perception of extreme pain overflows and becomes extreme pleasure permanently

Plato. Buddhism is a bit of a meme because you aren't an Easterner. Exercise and meditation, yoga is good.

>Plato. Buddhism is a bit of a meme because you aren't an Easterner. Exercise and meditation, yoga is good.

I fucking hate dilletante fags like you who go telling people what they can and can't do, especially when the only argument is "Yea Forums says that's a meme bro"

>Buddhism is a bit of a meme because you aren't an Easterner.
Wrong.
>Exercise and meditation, yoga is good.
Peak Californian spirituality.

walden
the dice man
the trial
catch 22
american psycho
dbt handbook
master gardeners guide
various books and engineering making and building shit

Taoism worked for me
Give it a shot

you're a normie, so just socialize more with people and relax
you might think you need some deep philosophical insight, but not only would that take more time, but you are also incapable of it

on the other hand, if you are a more enlightened and intelligent individual, you wouldn't be looking for self help on a 4channel literature board

fpbp