Hi lit

Hi lit.
I'm 18 and live in Barcelona.
None of my friends read.
Out of more than 200 students none of them reads, not even the mandatory books.
Are they fucking retards?
Am I the retard for reading?
Where do I find people who reads between 16 and 20 years old?

I can't talk about books irl with anyone.
Is there anyone in the same situation?
Is it just me? Am I unlucky?

The future doesn't look bright Yea Forums.

Attached: 15559394906621494799812.jpg (2976x3968, 2.68M)

>Is there anyone in the same situation?
we all are

>Barcelona
There's your problem

I’d look for events at your city’s best known book stores. I don’t really see anyone irl that I talk to about books with, but I do text a number of friends about books a few times a week. Anyway, I wouldn’t hold your breath on teenagers reading.

except for the reading part

If there were people to talk to about books irl we wouldn't have to gather here.

Can u elaborate?

People in Spain don’t read, never really have. Considered unsocial

It shouldn't be THAT hard to find people who read in your age bracket unless things have changed radically in the last 10 years or so. The best bet is to join some activities which have people with artistic interests, often people enjoy more than just one art form. Of course you still have to accept that no one will ever like the exact same things as you do, even if they enjoy reading.

You are the retard for putting so much investment in reading dear OP. At 18 you should live and experience more. Reading's not bad and you should do it too, but I can see why your classmates dont read so much. Kubrick said he only started reading after he finished highschool.

I don't know, I don't even have friends

>Where do I find people who reads between 16 and 20 years old?
France

>zoomers can use the internet now
Only like 5% of the population reads books, but because there are more people than ever, that still amounts to a very large number of active readers. So while you, personally, don't know anyone who reads, publishing houses can still pump out tons of new work and move product. Literature is not in any danger.
Maybe if you put your iphone down and read a maths book you might understand how percentages work.

Basé

Et rougepillé

it's one of the most important, if not the most important, cities for the spanish-speaking publishing industry

What a fucking joke. I got myself a french gf who was able to tell about her favorite character from Anna Karenina, then as soon as her cellphone was fixed she'd never raise her eyes from it. They may HAVE READ in their young age, but no girl actually reads anymore.

>Big city with lots of stuff to do
>Why does no one read
Move to a small town in castille or the north if you want that

boldfaced lies.

>I had a gf once
>all women are like her

Attached: 49CB8DC3-918E-44FC-A596-1133BD5111D3.jpg (1920x1541, 126K)

> Where do I find people who reads between 16 and 20 years old?
i'm right there, fren
do you have discord?

Okay? Your gf was an illiterate pleb from Montargis so french people don't read? Most of my friends read. Half of those who do read literature and philosophy. Two of my best female friends attended the prépa littéraire where Deleuze used to teach, kek (rpz orléans).

My best friend is obsessed with poetry. Just yesterday I had a talk with an old friend studying civil engineering who reads sociology and camus (I made fun of him) These are people from all walks of life. Some of them are dirty lefties living in Nantes & Rennes while others are in medschool or in top literary schools in Paris. French people DO read more than other nations, and intellectual matters are far more important here than in most countries. If you do not believe me, then at least trust the CIA, whose disinfo and propaganda campaigns in France are built upon those facts. Do you think they would apply the same methods in say, ghana or the US? hehehe

Attached: 220px-Foucault5.jpg (220x270, 19K)