Zizek's most accesible work ?

Zizek's most accesible work ?

Attached: zizekbw_final.gif (687x500, 1.48M)

a pile of shit

Holy shit even as a piece of abstract semi-cubist art I can hear the drug-induced sniffling and slurring. Does anyone have any intel on whether or not he smells as unkempt and gross as he always looks?

Is zizek the new god of Yea Forums?

Sublime object of ideology

Not at all, apparently he smells like a hamster's cage.

I'd only trust in a god who could dance, and this Slovakian motherfucker can barely walk in a straight line without passing out and collapsing to the ground in a haze of adderall and cocaine.

>tfw Petersonfags think Zizek is a new meme

Attached: Celine8.jpg (226x320, 16K)

>Not at all
>Not sure if aware that hamster's cages smell like piss and shit

I know him personally. He doesn't.

>and this Slovakian motherfucker
He is not Slovakian.

He's in a constant state of sweating so I can't imagine he smells good

Zizek was lit on Yea Forums before Peterson was anyone

Good point.
Good thing to consider. Peterson was God of many, and when you consider someone as God, you don't question his thoughts. Anyone cna be wrong at some point.

Okay innocuous poster who's totally not Slavoj, I believe you.

Never had hamsters.

If you say he's slovakian is like you'd say that ukrainians are russians, or canadians are americans, or japanese are chinese and korean...

Those are all true though

Perverts guide

first ass a brapgedy then ass a farts

Zizek's Jokes (probably not)
Pervert's Guide to Cinema/Ideology

try violence. that was the first book i read of his (after watching his perverts guide film) and its pretty easy. not too much of lacan and hegel, its mostly about politics and its use of violence. its a little old but his critique is still completely applicable today. if you want something a little more current, try the last book of his, like a thief in broad daylight. avoid his philosophical books like less than zero and the sublime pbject of ideology until after a few of his books, and after reading phenomonology of spirit and lacan's ecrits.

Trouble in paradise

>modernist zizek

but that's peterson's thing

Attached: qexcos2rxogy.png (797x798, 79K)

To read Zizek, you gotta read the Bible, Homer, the Pre-Socratics, Plato, Aristotle, Epicurus, Epictetus, Plotinus, the Church Fathers, the Quran, the Kalaam philosophers, Al Ghazali, the Scholastics, Montaigne, Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Locke, Berkeley, Hume, Rousseau, Kant, Fichte, Schelling, Hegel, Schopenhauer, Marx, Nietzsche, Freud, Husserl, Heidegger, Wittgenstein, Lacan, Levi-Strauss, Adorno, Horkheimer, Benjamin, Foucault, Deleuze, Derrida, and watch fuckloads of shitty American entertainment.

The amount of Freud/Lacan you need to know to understand this books is pretty overwhelming

he keeps his clothes in the kitchen. he is from the balkans. his cloths will smell like kebabs and misery

It's clearly his hot af wife.

violence isn't that great though, it's pretty derivative.

Zizek has two tiers of book. "Pop" ones that are more or less collections of the stuff he talks about in interviews and videos, then the more substantial ones that tend to be ridiculously dense, written almost as meanderingly and idiosyncratically as he speaks and which mandate serious familiarity with Hegel, Lacan, et cetera. What sort of read are you after?

which of these can be familiarized enough through wiki, and which require a thorough understanding (i.e. primary sources)? iā€™m assuming hegel, freud, and lacan for the latter. any others?

try with the communist manifesto

Canadians are not Americans, nor are they even human, they are only parasites sitting on our rightful clay. One day great leader will come to power and annex nova scotia as the first step to reclaiming our sacred empire.
**His mighty wings spread above us
The American eagle is hovering high
The Fatherland's Red, White, and Blue
Is leading America's peoples to victory
America ā€“ our holy nation
America ā€“ our beloved country.
A mighty will, great glory ā€“
These are yours for all time!
Be glorious, our free Fatherland,
Age-old union of fraternal peoples,
Popular wisdom given by our forebears!
Be glorious, our country! We are proud of you!
Wide spaces for dreams and for living
Are opened for us by the coming years
Our loyalty to our Fatherland gives us strength.
Thus it was, thus it is and always will be!**

I don't recall him smelling when I took a seminar with him . . .
op gif is amazing

Full of examples and jokes around a topic very central to Zizek's philosophy.

Attached: P6.jpg (480x480, 49K)

>Zizek's most accesible work ?
LE FRANCELAND PUNCTUATIONS MARX.

Given that you don't understand Central Europe, you're not going to get his jokes.

Just read secondary texts in the Zizek studies journal.

so pretty accurate?

the Violence book is kind of retarded because by his definition a status without violence doesn't even make any sense, so he is just following the long leftist tradition of problematizing everything, which is fine, but then pretending to have a way out, when they don't

Attached: Slavoj-Zizek-57859411a44f817186f2c66c2f28ccfe (1).jpg (500x500, 143K)

didn't he just steal that from Badiou?