Jules Verne

Never read him, is he worth my time?

Attached: Félix_Nadar_1820-1910_portraits_Jules_Verne_(restoration).jpg (1508x2111, 1.01M)

Given how worthless and philistine this thread is I'd say it's more likely you aren't worth his.

He actually writes interesting shit, even though they're meant for children. But everybody is going to hate you because you actually read fun novels not fucking republic and want to bawl your eyes out every 10 minutes

he's dead I'm not worried about his time

Not having read Jules Verne in your childhood is the equivalent of never having experienced teenage love

He's very easy to read, and not as boring as you would expect from someone who writes 'children' books. I haven't read a lot from him though, and I find it hard to identify significant traits.
'From the Earth to the Moon' felt like Verne's main point was to understand and describe the American mind, which was good
'The Carpathian castle' was very different even if you still have comfy scenes in a small village. The plot itself seems to matter much more here, with a good old gothic atmosphere and love and adventure and (slightly) mystery.
I definitely wanna read Poe's only novel and the sequel Verne wrote.

I still read Verne, H G Wells, and Ray Bradbury all the time, fight me Yea Forums.
Brainlets rise up!

Why would I fight someone who reads Wells? He's based.

anglos shouldn't be allowed to post on this board desu
>meant for children
embarrassing

He likes to ramble on with relatively dry technical descriptions of stuff at times, but other than that he's a pretty >fun read.

>reading fiction past 14

What is philistine about it. Seems like projection.

>Le Magasin d’éducation et de récréation se présente comme un journal dont le but est de diffuser les connaissances en distrayant, et qui s’adresse à un vaste lectorat allant de la petite enfance à l'adolescence.
>Sa célébrité vient des romans de Jules Verne, qui, à quelques exceptions près comme pour Les Indes noires, ont été édités par la revue.
begone, pseud

Because they probably only know his sci fi

based

Many of his books tend to be heavily abridged because the original went into long autistic detailed descriptions of a million scientific topics.

info dumps are the best parts of books

That's the best part of his books tho, 19th century engineering infodumps are fun as hell

Bet you disliked whale stuff in moby dick and the sewer part in les misérables

I like both the whale info and Verne's autism. Just seen many people who either read the abridged books and think he's for kids, or expect pulp entertainment and get floored with detailed instructions on how to make gunpowder when stranded on an island

he is for kids.