Makes absolutely solid children's sci-fi

>makes absolutely solid children's sci-fi
>follows it up with one of the greatest sci-fi and philosophical fiction books of all time
>follows that up with a sequel that's all about how much he hates China
>takes a break to write a sci-fi series that's just a thinly veiled allegory for the Book of Mormon mixed with Dune and Aniara
>finally makes the final book to that first series, and now it's bitching about Japan and Gnosticism, of all things
>makes a spinoff series around a side character from the first book while pretending to be Tom Clancy
>realizes he hasn't injected his views on marriage into the first series yet, makes an interquel whose only purposes are to provide him a platform to complain and to set up the main villain of the Tom Clancy side thing
>makes six prequels that nobody asked for
>all this while making a Americana fantasy, Biblical fanfiction, a series about the Democratic and Republican Parties starting the second civil war, and several other books that probably sold less than 1000 copies
what the fuck is Card even doing? is he ever going to calm down and actually release Shadows Alive?

Attached: Ender's Game.jpg (684x1144, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally autism.

It's been well over a decade since I read this series. Did it really go downhill that much?

Is it heresy to say I love Ender's game? It's just cool, it doesn't try to be something it's not.

Reading Ender's Shadow kind of ruins it.

this. as I said, it was just an excuse to write atom Clancy books

Is Card's book How to Write Sci Fi and Fantasy actually worth reading? If not, what is a good book for learning how to write SSF?

Why? I remember starting with Shadow and still enjoying everything else...

Am I the only who liked the entire Ender series? The Shadow series was dumb but still pretty fun. Then again I read all that shit as a teenager so for all I know it's actually bad and I just have my nostalgia goggles on too tight

It's better than Harry Potter at least

>>realizes he hasn't injected his views on marriage into the first series yet,

Attached: 375x321_laughter_video.jpg (375x321, 25K)

I mean, that's literally what happened

>follows it up with one of the greatest sci-fi and philosophical fiction books of all time
you referring to Speaker for the Dead?

obviously

oof

>writes about forgiving a race of space insects that invaded earth and killed millions of human beings and how you should be tolerant to aliens
>is homophobe
I never understood that

He thinks gay sex is a sin (because of his religion) and that people aren't born gay but rather become gay due to their environment.

If you want to dismiss the first point you will have to dismiss his religion and the second point is actually still not clear scientifically.

mormons really be like that

Have you read Lost Boys, his Mormon propaganda piece? It’s seriously one of the most bizarre novels I’ve ever come across.

Interesting that Speaker for the Dead is well-regarded, I read it many times as a kid and it's always stuck with me. What do you like about it OP?

I haven’t, whats so bizarre about it?

I always liked how it explored all the issues involved with humanity making contact with another sentient species and how much culture shock there is that goes both ways. in addition, I've always enjoyed fiction about a theoretically first sentient AI, so Jane only compounded the intrigue in the plot and themes. I can't actually speak for the prose since it's been a while since I last read it, but I remember enjoying that as well

He said he's not a homophobe because he has gay friends.

I love finding internet posts that are all "Man, I loved his books but finding out Orson Scott Card is a homophobe really killed them for me." As a fellow conservative Mormon I get off on reading that. Card is based.

>same book has little boys kissing
>gets called homophobe
baka you fags don't even read do you?

boy love is pure

Attached: 6f40f3ede730fc58d5e12c803f0a864d88d956b2_hq.jpg (512x424, 23K)

It’s supposed to be a horror thriller about a child serial killer but in fact is a rather pedestrian description of everyday life in a small, close-knit Mormon community. Plus the early days of video games. And tensions within a marriage. Card takes (no kidding) about 93% of the book before he gets to the main storyline. It’s not a very good book, and what’s happening with the kids is really really glaringly obvious (except to the protagonist), but it has so many WTF moments it’s almost worth reading.

>follows that up with a sequel that's all about how much he hates China
If we put him and Land in a room, will they cancel each other out?

Ender's Game remains the only book I've ever finished for not reason other than pure hatred. I still despise that book with a rich passion.
It's the inane anglo plot of The Special turned up to a million and with any and all redeeming features stripped away to make room for more paragraphs about how Special the boy is.
I recall being feeling my face go red on the bus reading a fan letter which had been printed with that particular edition, of some boys talking about how they loved the book because they were the Enders of their school, of their generation perhaps. Mr. Card printed this letter and encouraged those poor misguided children.

I'm a big believer in separating the author from the work, but I really wouldn't mind spitting a fat clod of mucus at that man.

>Man, I loved his books but finding out Orson Scott Card is a homophobe really killed them for me.
but neither of those anons actually said anything to that effect
>using TV Tropes-tier lingo
lol go away

I read Pathfinder, knowing that it was by "famed Ender's Game author". I thought it was okay. But the second and third books in that series were absolute trash. Now I've never read Ender's Game but by my own experience with Pathfinder, I expect it to be trash as well.

It's pretty fun to read. If you hate shounen type shit where it's about jerking off over how great the MC is then you'll probably hate most of it, but the last part of the book is a major tonal shift.

What to do with Ender in Exile?
>Between EG and SftD
>After CofM
>Trash

Ender in Exile is, in fact, trash, but it is worth reading if you need to know every single detail of the series. the reading order is as such: Game, (Speaker, Xenocide, Children,) Shadow, Hegemon, Puppets, Giant, Exile(, Flight). chronologically speaking, Exile takes place between Game/Shadow and Speaker, but it contains mild spoilers for parts of the Bean tetralogy. I also put the Ender trilogy and Flight in parentheses because the former is irrelevant to whether you read Exile and the latter is of dubious quality

Alright, thanks. Got it for $1 at a library book sale so I'll just decide to read it based on how the rest of Enders goes.

this book is legit garbage. take off thise rose tinted glasses

if I were wearing rose tinted glasses, I would still be worshiping the ground beneath Bean's feet like I did when I was 13

I know they didn't, I was just using this opportunity to say how much I love that. Because I know you care.

>I know you care
nah, not really. just because I vehemently disagree with Card doesn't mean I can't respect his writing, especially when it doesn't bring up his heresy or bigotry like in Ender's Game. I don't understand why you seem to peg me for one of those "OMG THEY SAID PROBLEMATIC THING, CANCELLED!!" types, but whatever, you do you

correction: I respect his writing more when he doesn't bring up his heresy or bigotry, and Ender's Game is one such example that I can respect. my original wording almost sounds like I was saying the opposite

This.

Enders shadow series is best orson scott card series.

Card is based.

Special legal privileges for gays, usually reserved for those who build the foundations of society? Thats gonna be a no from me dawg.

You misunderstood me again. I wasn't saying you care about the issue, I was sarcastically saying "I know you care about my blogposting." Which you don't.
die
live long and prosper

"no"
>"gay people should be able to marry the sex to which they are attrac-"
>"UUUHM HELLO?? STRAIGHT PEOPLE CAN'T ALREADY DO THAT, SOUNDS LIKE A SPECIAL PRIVILEGE TO ME????"
damn, I always have a hard time with sarcasm on the internet

Attached: 824.jpg (403x433, 25K)

You have bought into the propaganda pushed by gay rights activists. Let me make this clear for you:

- The government provides tax benefits to married couples, and additional benefits for those with children.
- Presumably these benefits are offered because these lifestyles are conducive to society. Couples tend to contribute to society and raise future generations.
- It is doubtful whether gay couples offer the same benefits, and in fact probably have negative societical affects and destructive lifestyles compared with straight singles.
- Therefore gay people should not be permitted the same benefits. A gay marriage does not deserve tax benefits, and certainly not privileges for raising children.

If you have been keeping up on culture for the past 8 years, you will know the the gay rights movement has almost nothing to with allowing people to be affectionate with those they want, and everything to do with pushing gay/trans stuff on your kids through the media, and destroying traditional lifestyles.

Get educated. "WAH YOU DON'T LET PEOPLE GET MARRIED" is a marketing tag line, not a policy position.

if this is your argument, then allow gay people to be productive members of society by allowing them to adopt

No. they don't raise healthy kids. We want functionality families, not toxic ones.
Do I need to bring up stats about how likely gay people are to abuse children?

I would be against laws against homosexuality. The government shouldn't be able to tell people who they can have sex with. But, gay marriage is not that.

we don't allow straight pedophiles to adopt, why are you assuming we're going to allow gay pedophiles to adopt as well?

But I just think they're gross and dont want that near my kid. I want clean things near my kids not sodomites. They eat the poopoo, you know?

>They eat poopoo
I'm pretty sure this is a joke, but just in case it isn't, homosexual != coprophile

Also just because something is legal, doesn't mean we should applaud it or that it deserves equal representation.

Homosexuality is a marginal behavior practiced by a tiny percentage of the population. Its not "problematic" that my TV show or book doesn't have a gay person. Books that do are ok, but who cares of a special group isn't included? You know who else is discriminated against? American yak farmers. When did you see them as a leading role?

Pedophila is one of many problems. But, instead of playing list every problem lets return to the original framing.

Can you convince me that gay couples provide such a good benefit to society that we should provide financial incentives for them? What are those benefits, and why do they do them well?

As their own image makes clear, gays seems to celebrate nothing but sexual excess and exhibition. The movement is absent of values besides besides sexual hedonism. Its literally a fetish awareness movement.

wasn't arguing against this
>Can you convince me of literally anything?
nope, since if you're still the same user, your religious views are informing what you're saying, and I can't just make you stop being Mormon
>gays seems to celebrate nothing but sexual excess and exhibition
lol you've never met a gay person irl other than the freaks at pride parades

Attached: a-toddler-watching-9-year-old-boy-dance-for-mone-42268979.png (500x640, 186K)

as I just said,
>freaks from pride parades

> wasn't arguing against this

Didn't think you did, just contributing more understanding of my view.

> your religious views are informing

Not the maker of the mormon post. Pretty secular political views here. I take it that its easier to criticize me than to make an argument for why gays are such a good thing for society.

Since we are making blind accusations, are you gay?

> lol you've never met a gay person

You didn't read very closely. The gay marriage **movement** and gay pride is all about sexual excess and exhibition, not the behavior of every gay person.

Not many gay people I know participate in these activities, but neither are they political zealots. Once again, I think homosexuality should be legal, even though it is not a behavior I endorse.

I have another comment for why this is absurd. The obvious thing is the rate of change. We don't let felons adopt children because "not every felon" arguments. The point is that the rate of risk is absurdly higher for some groups than others. So by putting children in those environments you put them at far greater risk.

Aham, fuck sodomites.

But Speeker for the dead was pretty good, haven't read anything else by him tho.

We can all see it's clear your ideologies are primarily invested in tax implications.

>is a marketing tag line, not a policy position.
It's an ideological standpoint, thereby intensely political. Nothing to do with marketing in any familiar sense of the word.

>Can you convince me that gay couples provide such a good benefit to society
they're people. if that's not enough to make them valuable to society, then straight people aren't valuable either
>I take it that its easier to criticize me
I never intended the "I can't convince a Mormon to not be homophobic" to necessarily be criticism, just statement of fact
>blind accusations
read: assuming that the person who began the argument with me is the same person arguing with me now
>are you gay?
you seem strung up on ad hom being a bad thing, so I see no way this could be relevant. if you must know, I am bisexual. take that as you will
>The gay marriage **movement** and gay pride is all about sexual excess and exhibition
reduce that to only gay pride and you've got a deal. the majority of gay people I know who despise the pride movement want gay marriage to remain legal
>"not every felon"
the argument "men are absurdly more likely to murder others than women, therefore we should only let the latter adopt" naturally follows from this line of logic

I'm gay and don't care that OSC is against gay marriage, he's a Christfag it's not that special. People probably pick on him in particular because he's Mormon and that's weeeeiiirrrdd~~~!!!

also this

>they're people. if that's not enough to make them valuable to society, then straight people aren't valuable either
Not him. But he asked what makes gay >couples< valuable to society, not gay individuals. Straight couples produce offspring, that would be their value to society for instance.

people seem to be happier when they’re in stable relationships, and happy people do more for society than unhappy people

By your logic and taking into considerations the current state of the earth, seems like being gay is more conducive to society atm...

Attached: The-Wanting-Seed-Anthony-Burgess-900-770x434.jpg (770x434, 32K)

>ideological standpoint
>nothing to do with marketing
user....

>stable
way to preload your terminology
>people seem to be happier when they're in relationships
look at this sentence and try not to laugh

A piece of paper doesn’t make for a stable relationship, user. Is there any evidence that when gays marry they become less promiscuous?

They are people, which is why they deserve the same rights as ordinary singles.

> men are absurdly more likely to murder others than women, therefore we should only let the latter adopt

In a relative comparison thats true, but the rate that men murder is still absurdly low. The rate at which gay people are involved in sexual abuse is not low in absolute terms.

But, sure. Its a bad idea to let 45 year old single men adopt kids.

> people are evil.

You are projecting your own insecurities and moral failings. Having children is not evil.

Over population is a myth. Scarcity of resources is signaled by resource prices, which have only gone down for basic commodities.

The 3rd world will also continue to reproduce at a rate far higher than anything westerners do.

I never said that, bud...

> people seem to be happier

Sounds worthy of traditional honors and tax breaks to me.

Your right. I inferred a position which is commonly held by you may not stand for. Please clarify.

In addition, they not only produce offspring, but two parent homes tend to raise stable healthy kids.

Also married couples have a larger stake in society and tend to contribute in the community, workplace, and government.

Good thing we don't like in some state worshipping fascist nightmare lol

Off the top of my head, happy gay married couples buy items in the society, which helps the economy (even if they are utterly hedonistic slackers, being a hedonistic slacker requires spending money). If they are business owners, that's even more of a boost to the economy. In terms of child-rearing, they could adopt, or help in baby-sitting. Even if they aren't parents, they may be aunts or uncles.

Not the user you’re replying to, but your points are silly.

Spending $, owning a business, baby sitting, and being an aunt or uncle all have absolutely no connection with marriage.

To be fair, being an aunt or uncle may have a connection with a sibling’s marriage, although it has nothing to do with whether the aunt or uncle is married or not.

Seems like even hetero couples shouldn't get a tax break until they start having kids. I'm fine with this.

people with children shouldn't discuss morality.

but wat about iq fellas

wow, my thread is still up and running, and it's still about gay people. wasn't expecting that. I'm not responding to anything written towards me when I was asleep, sorry; I don't have the drive to continue an argument on a Taiwanese economics forum for longer than a day. consider yourself the winner of the argument if you wish
also I like this () user's point

I really love Bean

Paged through this, looked like hackwork

hmm seems like taxes shouldnt exist and the government shouldnt care either way hmm

not him but its implied in the "overpopulation" narrative

Way too much on magic systems and shit.

rilly?

yes. you win the argument. go on, be free

OP anti-gay marriage arguer here. A bunch of people jumped in mid arguments.

Its basically a debate between 5 people at this point.

Thanks for talking frens.

you also win. everyone who argued against me wins. thank you as well

Attached: paedo pedos SJWs foster gay couple.jpg (678x1024, 162K)

Attached: paedo pedo LGBTQP Gary Dowsett.jpg (1024x494, 101K)

>it happened because society doesn't treat gay people like everyone else yet, still in the unicorn phase of literally never criticizing them
that incident is a point towards acceptance of gay people

You think Jesus visited America lmfao.

This is the kind of shit grandmothers post on facebook without checking for any validity. What's next an image of Bernie with some fake quote like "i actually think illegals should be given government funded prostitutes"?

back to discord

Back to the ephemeral chat box widget of a long dead movie streaming site, you have no argument THOT.

"I think cum is some of the best stuff ever, I put a spoonful every day into my hot Dr Pepper." -DJT

>unironically wasting large amounts of time "raiding" Yea Forums lit of all places

Pretty sad

I don't believe the entire content of this video. Sam hyde is obviously a troll trying to agitate people, but it might be of entertainment:

youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ

not him, but where the hell did this discord tranny meme come from? it doesn't even make sense. I feel like another wojack edit has been made and I'm out of the loop, like those weird blue wojacks eating candy bars over on Yea Forums

Clever technique. The person raiding from pinterest accuses me of using that Chinese spyware. Hm.

There was a discord where a bunch of trannies coordinated a bunch of spam on pol, which became a meme. Its funny to bring up when calling out /vco/ crossboarders, redditors, nu-anons, shills, and other niggers

wrong thread schizo

wtf I like trannies now

He had fast travel by that point so it wasn't a big accomplishment

Card is grossly overrated. Ender's Game is boring fucking shit.

Fuck you for memeing this bullshit.

You don't like these trannies. They actually were raiding /r9k/ initially, and /pol/ exposed it. They were blackmailing and exploiting confused incels into becoming trannies. That one robot who streamed his suicide was supposedly a victim of theirs.

>implying I care about robots

Not OP, but the amount of creativity that went into the pequeninos and their biology was fantastic. I really think Card was on par with Herbert in that regard. Wasn't that big of a fan of the small town's drama. He also played with the time dilation from faster than light travel in a very fun and interesting way.

>In response lets start calling everybody I disagree with trannies from discord!

retard.

people "choosing" to become gay kind of validates the second part though

>where the hell did this discord tranny meme come from?
it was all over /pol/, /r9k/, /lgbt/ (I'd argue they are still active there) and a bunch of other boards about reiko's not-so-anonymous discord server where they were trying to convert lonely losers into taking titty skittles and on frequent occasion committing suicide
not really a conspiracy at this point

>/pol/, /r9k/, /lgbt/

okay, keep it there thanks.

>weird blue wojacks eating candy bars over on Yea Forums

source?

>*crunch*
followed by
>CANDY BARS DON'T CRUNCH YOU AUTIST I'M LITERALLY GOING TO KILL YOU IRL
followed by
>he's eating the wrapper

Attached: 1546659541978s.jpg (249x181, 6K)

autism

I agree. this is one of the reasons I don't touch Yea Forums anymore