Has anyone here read then whole Master and Commander series? How does it hold up?

Has anyone here read then whole Master and Commander series? How does it hold up?

Attached: 43A3B3DC-BFF2-4AAF-8B76-DAE7BC71E9F1.jpg (1440x1080, 469K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theparisreview.org/interviews/1628/patrick-obrian-the-art-of-fiction-no-142-patrick-obrian
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. Holds up terrifically well. It peaks with the battle with the Waakzaamheid in Desolation Island (oh my god what an amazing sequence; it's the equal of anything else I've read in literature), but there aren't any real low spots once you get past the second book where O'Brian tries to ape Austen but doesn't quite manage it.

(forgot pic)

Attached: IMG_20190421_184258 (1).jpg (4048x3036, 3.9M)

Thanks user

who the FUCK would read that much

You're welcome user. Hope you enjoy your journey!

>implying he hasn't read all 20 Ender's Game books and side stories, including the god-awful prequels and Ender in Exile

There's so much shit to read and people waste their time reading that?

Oh ye of little taste. O'Brian is top notch. One of the few writers of genre fiction who deserves his place among actual literary writers.

theparisreview.org/interviews/1628/patrick-obrian-the-art-of-fiction-no-142-patrick-obrian

>whips out the black library

>I have a reading age of 6

I tried reading the first one on my boyfriend's recommendation and it was like reading pure nonsense. I didn't understand a single sentence. I recognized some of the same words from Jane Austin or the Wizarding World books, but the way he used them was completely meaningless. Is this an art project like that one book by that creepy looking guy who wrote all those fart letters to his wife?

Black library?

Warhammer 40k books

Work on your bait

Hi Yea Forums. Anyway, how's your sex life?

I read the first one. It was mainly about sails.

Books 1-3 are weak, not in rhythm.

He repeats himself, often, after book 12.

Final few are a jolly waste of space.

It is good if you like heroin, homosexual bromance, sailing ships, whigs betraying liberalism, doomed romances and bird watching.

fag or woman.
Dismissed.

good post

pic related

Attached: 1499359003980.jpg (1028x1513, 260K)

based

How badly does this series BTFO Hornblower?