Do u do ?

Why do you prefer ideas to experiences? Thinking instead of feeling. The intellect is a shitty meme, anons. Philosophy is an old man’s garb. You’re not living real life. You’re constructing narratives of a life you could be living if you weren’t trapped in a cave

What do you do?

Attached: B3599207-98E0-45C6-9131-710B8F1AE89F.jpg (262x394, 36K)

love this painting. once spent a very long time looking for a print, but it was a no go. didnt read your post though

>I sing as the bird sings
>That on the bough alights;
>The song that from me springs
>Is pay that well requites.

I sing because I am --- a singer.

I aspire to be that painted man. Still aspiring to an idea. An idea of an experience. A narrative, constructed, for aspiring towards

I do do. But I am yet no artist at the summit of his powers

>>Why do you prefer ideas to experiences?
>have experience
>reflect on it
>feels like a movie, like something I didn't even experience
>read/create an idea
>it's always accessible
the only experiences that don't feel like fleeting moments are routine activities or activities that become routine.

Trapped at the bottom of an inverted ditch. Hume said experience precedes ideation. And yet, for you, idea precedes experience
How is it to experience life primarily though your imagination? As opposed to though your senses. Thinking, anons, is not desirable. It dilutes the vivacity of pure experience in action

And what god are you to go about creating? You’ve created nothing but a cage for you to contain your wanting

Attached: 0B142B7E-58FE-4AA6-8D74-CE0579149D41.jpg (400x378, 26K)

>Why do you prefer ideas to experiences?
Cause Ideas don't disappoint, since they can't ever gather a form where I could be disappointed by them.
Everything in my expereince disappoints me though, since they are not as the idea of itself. Why waste time with the flawed failures instead of dreaming of something I can't even construct in my mind. One fails, the other can't possibly. It's an obvious decission which one I'll choose.

great thread, great reply
i don't. i don't think i know anyone who does this seriously

>for you, idea precedes experience
Didn't say that. What I mean is that my experiences ("experiences" as the implied unusual events) often feel like nothing but dreams from the night before; vague, forgettable, unreal. Have you ever returned home drunk, and even as you existed the pub the entire evening faded into a fantasy? That's what I feel about most "unusual" experiences, if only less severe.

I'm sure there are dozens of other shut-ins on this board that can relate.

Experiences which I remember best are ones in which I heard ideas and reflect on their content. Those feel real.

Attached: a-young-man-at-his-window.jpg (926x1350, 184K)

Ideas are experiences. I get excited when I read a good passage of philosophy. I get excited to watch Soviet cinema.

>What do you do?
The outside world doesn't seem to leave much to live for. Absenting opportunity for self-realization, all one's left with is dreaming and pointless intellectual masturbation.

ideas, experience, both gay ad overrated

Both the material and the ideal are worthy of living. Intellectual experiences are also experiences, even more so if they are born of joining together seemingly disconnected fields.

I enjoy the arts, but also mathematics. I remember having one of the most sublime experiences whilst studying lighting. Positioning the source of lighting in a drawing required me to draw a 3d grid on my canvas, and then drawing the light rays as lines. In a flash I saw the relationship among linear Algebra, lighting, art, 2d, 3d and programming. In a flash it was as if my brain lighted up ubiquitously. The pleasure was akin to an orgasm, but far more sublime, and energizing instead of depleting.

I also had a similar experience after spending the whole night with friends on the beach, eating, drinking and swimming naked (my dick is small you just gotta embrace it bro). On our way back we stopped to look at the sun as it rose, and we we turned our backs I looked at them, and felt wonder: I share my living time with these incredible creatures. The wonder was similar to when I had the other experience.

From that I conclude that there is no superior realm. It is as worthwhile to experience the sensible and the ideal. What good is knowledge if you can't share it with friends over a table of cheese and wine? And what good are friends if all talk is shallow?

Are you distantly implying the only thing you can do is art?

I'm going to do what I'm going to do.

Arbitrary dichotomies. Art and math are not oppositions. Most universities give bachelores of arts for maths degrees. But that’s not the ad.

Experiencing joy upon an intellectual insight, opposed to feelings of sublimity spending time with friends. Both of these share the common denominator you experiencing them. You did not take an idea and then construct an experience from it. In both circumstances the experience nice was the primary.

If you were to take one of these experiences and then spend time utilizing your imagination to imagine abstractions of these ideas and then concretize these imaginaries into some
Story that says something about who you are. And then to do this to such a degree that all your experiences only exist to feed this narrative composed entirely of abstract imaginary entities. You would then not be existing. Which is why how you framed your post tells me this is how you experience experience. From the ideas you draw from them.

stop this process and reassert the natural order where experience preceeds idea. Where experience is the primary source of existence

Why not do what you want to do?

The question if an examined life is worth living is a serious one. People around me seem so happy and content with what life has to offer, at least when they're young. After that they run on sentimentality it seems. But it's not like I have much of a choice.

Memories of experiences are idea. I’m speaking of visceral, vivacious impressions upon our being through time. Not anything derived from the essential experience of life. No memories. No thoughts. No meaning. No what where when how or why. Just being.
The artistic moment is a direct production of this state of being. It exists exclusively in the realm of action and, of it, nothing can be derived.
This is the hopeless reality of language which tries to express the content of art. Inconveyanle, of the greatest art, it can only be said that it shows us “the truth”.

The truth merely that what we experience when we experience is all there is. And to use a tool designed for keeping you fed and fucked as the means through which you live life is to invert precisely the organism we are.
What is real life! As so many today would have it as the realm of the intellect and yet elevating idea over experience is to only experience idea! You will lose your connection with reality and find yourself in the lonely world of you

>he hasn't unified thinking and feeling, intuition and sensation, the abstract and the concrete
never gonna make it

Or you can have both, like most non-nigger non-NEET people.