Perfect literature

What works of literature are perfect? Not the best necessarily but perfect, in that there is no fat, no scrimping. Everything is just right and the writer succeeds in everything they set out to do. Nothing messy here.

I'll start
>The Importance of Being Earnest
>Macbeth
>Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard
>Stoner

Attached: 25_david_michelangelo_florence.jpg (1000x667, 480K)

Great Gatsby
Notes from Underground
Sorrows of Young Werther
As I Lay Dying

Read it again.

Emma
What Maisie Knew
I'd have Much Ado About Nothing as Shakespeare's tightest play

I feel Much Ado is quite baggy. The Don John stuff is fairly weak. Among the comedies, Midsummer seems the closest to perfect.

Lord Jim

Scifi edition:

Dune
Ubik
Day Of The Triffids
Neuromancer

The Death of Ivan Ilich

Proust: In search of lost time

Moby-Dick

Memoirs of Hadrian

Eliot Rodgers Manifesto senpai

TBK

These are the very definition of overstuffed. Brilliant but not perfect

Quite a few of Yeats poems are perfect. The Lake Isle of Innisfree, The Second Coming, He Wishes For the Clothes of Heaven are some of the more obvious ones that come to mind. He was a master of picking just the right word, just the right image and ending the poem just at the right time. I can't think of a single other poet who could rattle off so many perfect poems.

apparently Yeats absolutely agonized over the choice of words in his poetry and that's how they ended up being so striking

also I would nominate Pushkin

Cyrano de Bergerac putin

Ubu Roi
Robinson Crusoe
Faust

Thus Spoke Zarahustra

Attached: 051AE44A4575470B9DE2D5B9F81EDB2F.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>Overwritten rant
> perfect

It's not overwritten. It's a very well written philosophical rant and that's all it tries to be and nothing more and succeeds perfectly.

It is purple prose gobbledygook fan fiction cringe. Literally the worst book Nietzsche wrote. Beyond Good and Evil is far closer to perfection.

De Profundis gets close

Hamlet, King Lear and Macbeth.

Hamlet isn't perfect