I've been playing a lot of Europa Universalis recently and the feeling of history unfolding before your eyes is very...

I've been playing a lot of Europa Universalis recently and the feeling of history unfolding before your eyes is very amusing, especially the wars and politics. Can you recommend me some books that evoke that same feeling? I tried reading some Cornwell, for I've seen that he is pretty historically accurate, but the Archer is just like young adult fiction with historical background. I've read Hemingway as well, he's nice and all but he doesn't pass the feeling of magnitude of war and politics I'm searching for.

Attached: 1525087174389.jpg (480x300, 24K)

>modern ideas of sanitation
lol what a fucking retard, Aztecs bathed every day and the Spanish were notoriously filthy

Attached: 1552044988477.jpg (640x640, 79K)

>Aztecs bathed every day
Citation needed

in blood

This is word for word propaganda Sepulveda was already spewing back in the Valladolid dispute. Colonialism is hell on earth, only clueless retards like OP aren't aware of it.

kek

Read the phenomenology of spirit

How is this somewhat related to Op's demands?

Read:
The true history of the conquest of New Spain The Florentine Codex.

Have sex

How would this help in any way?

Legit so fucking based

Toynbee A study of History: preferable the 2 volume abridged edition

Clash of Civilizations by Huntington

Decline of the West by Spengler

Basically any grand history theory. You can also try Philosophy of History by Hegel, but its's more esoteric.

The unraveling of the world in the fufillment of Reason is exactly the feeling that OP wants. It's grand

God I hate fake history nerds who get their info from paradox games and pol threads
The Mexica were right bastards, and they absolutely oppressed the fuck out of everyone including their own lower classes, but so did the Spanish. Like sure, the jesuit missionaries were all very charitable, but they also had fuck all power and wrote repeatedly to the Spanish crown to stop wringing the natives dry for gold. The Mexica also already had writing and sanitation.

But none of that really matters, because by far the worst thing was that the Spanish wiped out 80% of 'em by spreading Smallpox.

War and Peace, user

Anyway, OP, I recommend War and Peace because it's exactly what you're looking for. Montaigne also has some neat bits about the wars he was in, but you'd have to do a lot of digging. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is what you're looking for too, but it's dry as fuck. War and Peace is really your best bet.

Oh, and Thucydides too of course. Gene Wolfe's Latro series is also pretty good for exploring the chaotic aftermath of a war, but it's only somewhat historically accurate.

I beat you, nerd: Also EUIV is my favorite game and the spread of smallpox was inevitable, it's actually good that it happened sooner rather than later because the weak should make way for the strong

>the unprovoked subjugation and genocide of an entire race of people is ever a good thing

Literally retarded

>genocide of an entire race of people
>Spaniards were Anglos

Asimov's foundation trology

The Glory of the Empire by Jean D'Ormesson. Its a novel written as a history book and essentially inserts a fictional empire into the Mediterranean region. Good read.