You should be moral

>you should be moral
Why?
>because it's good everyone should aim to be a good person
Why?
>when you realize most people are mindlessly moral becuase of such things as guilt and social engineering and snap out of it in an instant.
Is this what egiosm means? Give me literature that explains why be moral if you don't want to nor benifit from it. What philisophy is this because I feel I am onto something.

Attached: 1554658164745.jpg (500x500, 24K)

You should be moral because God will give you eternal agony if you don't.

NO NO YOU ARE EDGY!!!!! NIHILISM BAD!!! POSTMODERNISM BAD!!!!!! IT'S CALLED BEING A DECENT FUCKING PERSON!!!!

Attached: 1555746275463.png (785x731, 279K)

>dude science is based man
>dude all religions are the same so that means if non omnipotent Gods can overthrow other non omnipotent Gods we can too

Attached: IMG_4936.png (219x230, 6K)

I will repent in my dying years.
I think this goes beyond edgy nihilism. I don't mean kick cats all day. What I mean is if you gain something why not do it? It is good if my girlfriend is loyal it is even better if I am not. See? What are some books that explore morals and those ideas?

>Is this what egiosm means?
No, you can have empathy and be an egoist. The carrying out of empathy is an egoistic action. This does not mean, however, that you have to recognise any moral commandment or normative claim.

>Give me literature that explains why be moral if you don't want to nor benifit from it.
Read after virtue and realize that all of your confusion concerning this subject is due to a degeneration of the language we use to talk about morality.

JL Mackie Ethics, Nietzsche Geneaology of Morals

It's called consequentialism or utilitarianism. Read Machiavelli or John Stuart if you're a true baby level.

Thank you for serious answers. How valid are my ideas? Or is it just for edgey children?

What kind of defeatist onions cuck basedboy I am exactly arguing with here?

What happened to the old Pagan axiom:
>Juppiter omnipotens! Aurea, dona tuis!

Are you perhaps ignorant of history? The Romans erased the temple of Jehovah, and in the place of the Holy of Holies was erected the magnificient statue of Juppiter Tonans.

What is the bastard son of Judaism (Christianity) other than a small cult that should be dealt with swiftly and swords? Christians to the Lions!

Christs may come and Christs may go, but Caesar is Forever!

Attached: image-20161026-11265-1pikoh7.jpg (496x289, 28K)

>I will repent in my dying years
People with this mentality never make it

What is the opposite of this idea?

if youre good to others the others are (in theory) good to you
if you dont care about that then there is no point

The Ego and its Own by Max Stirner

because if you don't, i'll kill you

Please don't. Op here this guy has convinced me.

Attached: 1492084774885.jpg (576x635, 127K)

Hahaha perdition hahaha christcucks are the funniest of the modern magics

Attached: 1524788989530.jpg (523x452, 129K)

Wouldn't utilitarianism advocate not being disloyal to your girlfriend when she's loyal to you because it would bring her displeasure (probably) out of all proportion with the pleasure you'd gain. Especially considering she'd probably leave you, which would in turn bring on more displeasure. The hedons just don't add up.

>The hedons

Attached: 1555202596987.gif (300x300, 192K)

I want others not to fuck with me and I'm not a hypocrite. Also Pascal's wager

Why do some people think that after years of doing horrid shit they'll be able to just switch personalities and con the almighty?

You unintentionally and intenioally Surround yourself with people like yourself. Be moral and your peers will be probably moral too, be immoral and they will be immoral. Do you wish to be surrounded by such people?
Also
>Treat others the way you wish to be treated by others
It's efficient to treat others nicely as they will often give back material, social or psychological goods.

Attached: 1537334329585.gif (200x190, 838K)

Kinda. Check out the ego and its own by Stirner. Keep in mind being and egoist will not change if your a cunt or not.

If Caesar lived to see Jesus he would have been Christian.

I certainly wouldn't reccomend them but they do have intellectual merit.

You are to be moral because the Gods demand you to act in this way. And when you're forever lost in hel try to remeber what I've told you. But if that is your fate it is your fate.

MORALITY IS DEPENDENT UPON SELF-BENEFIT