How am I supposed to write dialogue if i'm socially retarded...

How am I supposed to write dialogue if i'm socially retarded? I can't write like I would talk because I don't know how to.

Attached: 1554074152471.jpg (500x523, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that Kate Bush?

Perhaps spend a couple years talking to people?

yes

I would try but it's hard to meet people

She hot

Why do you keep posting this thread

THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO EMULATE WHAT YOU REGARD AS «NORMAL DIALOGUE»; YOU SHOULD WRITE DIALOGUE IN THE MANNER THAT IS TYPICAL TO YOURSELF.

this is my first time posting

make a tulpa

youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY

best vid on the topic

I saw the exact thread with Kate Bush last week, and everyone said all authors are autists. Real people are boring too, so you're dialogue should be better unless you're an idiot or a normie in disguise

Hey me too :)

kate bush gets posted a lot. this is really my first time. can you find the thread?

No it isnt. Its only hard for you.

but then everyone will sound like me which no one wants to sound like

A LITERARY WORK IS AN ARTIFACT, AS SUCH, IT IS INHERENTLY NONNATURAL; THE PURPOSE OF ART SHOULD BE TO REPRESENT AN IDEA IN BEAUTIFUL FORM, NOT REPLICATION, IMITATION, NOR EMULATION.

APPLICATION OF A NATURALISTIC THESIS ON ARTISTIC ACTION CONSTITUTES AN ABSURD ABERRATION, AND TO DISSIMULATE THIS FACT CONSTITUTES ONTOLOGICAL HYPOCRISY, AND ARTISTICAL DISHONESTY.

Good dialogue doesn't need to be realistic.

>THE PURPOSE OF ART SHOULD BE TO REPRESENT AN IDEA IN BEAUTIFUL FORM, NOT REPLICATION, IMITATION, NOR EMULATION.
My, how perfectly foul.

Attached: 2037523985.jpg (1360x877, 128K)

Dialog in literature is almost fucking never like the real thing. Dont worry so much autist

This. Most people IRL are not eloquent and stumble over themselves a lot. It's why most fiction that attempt to mimic realistic interactions have their dialogue come off a clunky-- because IRL dialogue is clunky.

Don't be afraid to flower your dialogue up a little.

just write novels without dialogs, or simple ones like Lovecraft

a) Book talk isn't real talk. Different rules and styles apply so that writing good dialogue is more about learning from what you've read than imitating real conversations.

b)Provided you're a good writer in general, its much easier to write a conversation than to have one. You're not on the spot and can take as much time as you need to think of each line. You also control the entire flow of the conversation because you control what everyone says. You don't have to react to other peoples thoughts, you're conducting the whole thing, which makes it a million times easier to seem smart.

ffs stop making excuses user

no wonder you don't know how to talk to anyone, you're closed off

Attached: IMG_52.jpg (399x400, 13K)

>you're a hard guy
>for you

OP read some books and watch some movies and take notes on how the dialogue works. you can study your way into anything and you can do that with this too. when i was in high school i used to reverse engineer production on songs and a couple years later i became a decently successful producer selling beats to "industry" people because of it. same concept

have you heard tarantino's dialogue?

you're not

Pretend that you are the characters and speak for them. If you speak autisticly great, reccord it and take the best pieces, best seller as the book market is oversaterated GARBAGE at the moment and all moments prior.

art is mimesis
begone, modern

ill talk to you you fuck. there is no where in my town to meet people that arent degenerate

Just write inner monologue then.