Okay the debate convinced me to read him...

Okay the debate convinced me to read him. What's the most accessible starting point for a brainlet who in philosophy has only read Aristotle?

Attached: slavoj.zizek.tomi.lombar.02.jpg (400x294, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crisiscritique.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/adrian.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he fell for the meme

he did an introduction to lacan i think. that might be the best place

he also did a pretty good short book on "violence" which i had to read in community college in some pseud professor's english class i had

read hegel before you try reading zizek or you'll just be wasting your time

>read hegel
nobody has actually read hegel you dumb retard shut the fuck up just shut the fuck up

Read Hegel, Foucault, Deleuze, Horkeimer, Adorno, Edward Said, and Heidegger.

you'll need to read kant before hegel or reading hegel is a waste of time

eventually you have to go back all the way to socrates

in fact OP, just apply for a bachelors in philosophy that should be enough to get you started and by the end you might be able to start getting zizek

don't even think about touching zizek until you've read an olmec poetry anthology

his articles on Lacan.com. don't start his books til you have a decent grasp of his Hegel and Lacan.

Less Than Nothing if you wanna go hard or go home

Absolute Recoil if you need a little lube first

I got into Zizek after a degree in philosophy and didn't know what he was talking about. Just watch every lecture on youtube a couple times. His movies are pretty good too. Once you understand every single joke he tells has the same deeper meaning about the nature of ontology like a book of zen koans, it will all make sense to you.

Attached: 1555738925692.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

before reading hegel you should read kojeve (and then of course lacan, marx followed by althusser, derrida - those are the basics)

in factthe best starting point for you might be hyppolite's studies on marx and hegel, but it's still a really long way for you before grasping yet alone understanding zizek (most get stuck and give up at derrida, who is crucial, but then again, he was a genius, so not everyone is smart enough to digest him)

his ideology movies are actually shit, absolutely irrelevant

I have a few charts

Attached: F82007CC-E8E1-4352-97D1-0829C93136C3.png (885x2890, 1.18M)

Side note: I want you goddamn crossboarding shitposters to die

Attached: E0385A0E-C895-4A04-B13C-1CFB49130273.jpg (2800x2000, 1.01M)

Save yourself some serious disappointment and just go read Bakunin. Orthodox Marxism is the phlogiston theory of modern philosophy. It's so thoroughly discredited at this point that you really might as well just go back to basics and start over.

Anyway, go fuck yourself OP.

Attached: F26D1E23-A473-4254-ADA2-4927E329F092.png (2158x1252, 1.08M)

How the fuck does Zizek actually write books? After listening to his talks for years, it doesn't matter what book he's shilling it's basically the same talk with the same jokes over and over. He comes off as likably senile.

But then you pick up the book and it's this beautiful and structured philosophical argument.

Does Zizek have a ghostwriter?

>pinkard
>non-metaphysical hegelian as an intro to zizek

crisiscritique.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/adrian.pdf

because writing allows you to collect your thoughts and edit before publishing to the world?

>because writing allows you to collect your thoughts and edit before publishing to the world?
no shit retard but for a man that comes up with long and differentiated philosophical treatises, his talking points are always no matter which talk you look at over the past decade

>schniff my friend told me this old joke about nilesh bohre schniff he had a horscheshoe above hish door schniff god died on the crossh

because not everyone is a great public speaker are you dense
zizek is a great conversationalist but hes not MLK this shit isnt rocket science

Wait, is Ziz a Distributist?

you'll need to read hume before kant or reading kant is a waste of time

moreover, if you've read his books you'd see the staunch difference that doesn't and has never carried over into his talks. In talks, Zizek will back up his claims with shitty anecdotes about something some guy said to him 5 years ago at a bar in camodia or explain a concept with an extremely tenuous example like his
>schniff he doeshnt believe in santa but sze ideology schtill funcshions even though nobody believesh in it scniff

his books are the exact opposite in every way and he basically never, even after completing a book, rehashes points from inside the book

eccentric genius is a pretty old cliche

woah. That's too much reading, is there a shortcut?

Not gonna lie, it's pretty offputting when I want to engage with the current affairs more deeply and people tell me I basically have to go to university and start from ancient texts.

Basically to understand anyone you have to read anyone else, so just pick a starting point that particularly interests you and rip into it, then follow it wherever it leads you, over time you'll end up reading everyone.

ill give you a secret from girardfag but don't tell anyone. read the passion of the western mind and then from dawn to decadence

keep it a secret though

Attached: 1554320494580.png (559x484, 24K)

>read anyone else
read everyone else*

the absolute state of this board.
Fucking smoothbrains, go back to read memerson that is all you will amount to, nigger cum drinkers.

Attached: 1540231706190.jpg (1242x1656, 310K)

damn, that's a nice fucking stomach

how come zizek has an "out there" opinion about everything, but when comes to the nazi "issue", he has a super politically correct opinion? is he controlled op? he always mentions his stance on the issue, always worded the same way, and just because, like he always HAS to mention it, weird.

>I got into Zizek after a degree in philosophy and didn't know what he was talking about.

the absolute state of American education.

you'll need to read berkeley before hume or reading hume is a waste of time