Go on Yea Forums, prove to me you’re not a drone...

Go on Yea Forums, prove to me you’re not a drone. Post the actual non-meme last book you read which you overall had a negative opinion of.

Attached: 2F1B982E-2940-460E-AB6E-A3A8DB6AA7D1.jpg (285x475, 34K)

I agree with most of Nabokov's criticisms of TBK, and I'm still not sure (5th read) if I like the whole thing or not.

Heart of Darkness fucking sucks, I threw that shit out a minute after I finished it.

What didn't you like about Turn of the Screw? I thought the reveal of Peter Quinn was handled nicely but I'll agree it dragged in places.

Vanity Fair

The Old Man and the Sea
I do not like Hemingway.

So I read this in the hurry, was Peter fucking the kids or what

I attempted to re-read William Gibson's 'Neuromancer' recently (regarded as the seminal cyberpunk novel) and I was quite disappointed in it. It was a favourite of mine as a teenager but it really is more style than substance. Years after I first read it and far more years after its edgy descriptive prose has not aged well.

Animal Farm by far

War and Peace

Attached: 1526291651983.jpg (960x1540, 144K)

Dropped Ecce Homo. Nietzche is a self-assumptive fedora retard. Honest to god all of philosophy is empty wanking over "solving" problems that don't exist in the first place.

My negative opinion about this book is that it simply didn't live the hype that I had on it.

Attached: master of bait.jpg (752x1200, 288K)

My interpretation of the story:
The governess just wanted to have sex with the uncle. Peter Quint was all in her imagination. When Miles exclaims “Peter Quint...you devil!” He is really referring to the governess as a devil because of how her delusions led to her being dangerously overprotective of the kids. The first time she ever saw Peter Quint was when she was fantasizing about the uncle. The kids were already so happy, that she needed to place them in a dangerous state so that she could heroically save them and woo the uncle.

Mrs Dalloway

Yasunari Kawabata - The Sound of the Mountain

>he actually endures a book when he doesn't like it

Dune

It was kind of interesting but that's as far as my praise for it goes. I also read Messiah and it was no better.

The majority of people in their twenties do not have the capacity to genuinely evaluate literary craft without the help of secondary sources. To force someone to do it would turn them in to someone who comes up with opinions based on nothing.

Most of the books ITT are really short, like
But I don't know wtf the anons who said TBK, War and Peace and Vanity Fair did, especially the one who's read TBK five times

I don’t usually read bad books, so probably Neuromancer. It was shit and Gibson is shit.

James makes it perfectly ambiguous like those illusions where it's either a face or a vase. I lean towards Quint did molest Miles, because of the hint he's been sent home from school because he's been sexual with another boy, which suggests someone has been sexual with Miles

Attached: 53b311f9779243ebfc2cc8b5e61b3eb6.jpg (260x320, 19K)

Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall

I usually enjoy Ishiguro's novels to a greater or lesser degree, but this was turgid and dull. Liked nothing about it, couldn't wait to finish it.

Mines is a mundane interpretation. But the story struck me more as the governess wanting to fuck the kid, and Quint being some manifestation of her guilt.

Invisible Cities wasn’t that enjoyable. Still a worthwhile literary endeavour though.

Mason & Dixon. I somewhat enjoyed it in the sense that I somewhat enjoy game of thrones. Didn't find it particularly meaningful. Am I a brainlet?

>still a worthwhile literary endeavour
Why's that?

I just started reading it. Should i stop? Man have i wasted my money?

Sophocles' Women of Trachis. By far my least favorite Greek tragedy yet.

Pride and Prejudice. Couldn't finish it, actually. Even made threads about how I thought Jane Austen was a hack.

Then I read Northanger Abbey last month and it was pretty enjoyable.

Haven't read any Austen, should I read Northanger Abbey or Emma? Or P&P? Asking somebody else

So I haven't read Northanger Abbey, but I thought Pride and Prejudice sucked, and everyone I've seen on Yea Forums mention Northanger Abbey said it was good, so maybe try out Northanger Abbey first (personally it has piqued my interest so I'll have to around to it at some point).

What Amerika is to Kafka's works, Abbey is to Austen's, i.e. humorous and not at all typical. In Abbey Austen goofs on the then popular Gothic novels.

Not even hype just boring dialogue and story

Imo it’s just flat peurile

Someone's read Gombrich.

Neuromancer, but it was a meme book.

Northanger has the humour on the surface rather than behind seven proxies, so it's more accessible than something like Emma which has everything buried in layers of counter irony