What did James Joyce mean by this?

What did James Joyce mean by this?

Attached: 1554614236205.jpg (4313x2952, 2.5M)

He meant that he is able to use the existent English words with ease. He is exemplifying the art of rhyming and his bombastic vocabulary

OP BTFO

Sinbad the sailor etc is a ridge to Finnegans Wake being the night to Ulysses's day. Shortness of "He rests. He has travelled" is appropriate to the long journey Bloom has had. See Jesus wept for strength of to-the-point. The "When" is an allusion to stories i'm not too familiar with. The Where closes off with the strength of interpretation: the void, the earth, or (as an user pointed out to me a couple weeks ago) Joyce simply filling in a circle with his pen. See chapter separators of Infinite Jest (AND OTHER NOVELS I'M FORGETTING) for comparison. You have the HIGHEST OF HOPES if you've actually read the entire chapter, not to mention the entire book preceding, and then the final chapter, instead of snagging this picture online and looking for some answers. If the latter's the case then I want to relapse into video games and download some type of simulator--or maybe even get into programming and develop my own--and find a satisfying way to release my pseudo-exegesis instead of typing up a paragraph that will get two YOUs max in a thread that's going to die in 27 posts exactly.

Interior crocodile alligator
I drive a chevrolet movie theater

bloom is falling asleep and his thoughts are losing coherence. he's been thinking about stories and squaring the circle and sinbad the sailor all day. the catechist, too, is tired and its questions are becoming the simplest possible.

was joyce a rappist of his era?

and Chucker the fucker and sneed the sneeder

A brilliant passage showcasing the simplicity and genius of a wordsmith both common and noble.

key-key-key-key-key-key-key

hackbad the hailer

Ulysses and Finnegans Wake were meant to be read out loud

I can get it just fine by reading it in my head. I think a lot of people on this board are just autistic

Yeah, Joyce just really liked the sound of words. I think there was a quote in Portrait of the Artist about appreciating the rhythmic sound of words

Why do you keep posting this? You utter faggot. You piece of fucking shit. I will kill you. I will track you down and I will fucking kill you.

You never did the Kenosha Kid

Bloom is counter inbad the ailers instead of counting sheep to go to sleep.

>the catechist, too, is tired and its questions are becoming the simplest possible.
very beautiful observation

Sinbad is an Arab. He is deconstructing the Muhammad hivemind structure through English semantics.

what the fuck did you just fucking say about me you little bitch I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in Lit 101 and have been involved in numerous debates and I've read Ulysses, IJ, GR, and Finnegans Wake twice each I am trained in postmodernism and I'm the top Marxist in US academia you are nothing to me but just another pseud I will wipe you the fuck out with streams of consciousness never before seen on this campus mark my fucking words

>A day of dappled seaborne clouds. The phrase and the day and the scene harmonised in a chord. Words. Was it their colours? He allowed them to glow and fade, hue after hue: sunrise gold, the russet and green of apple orchards, azure of waves, the greyfringed fleece of clouds. No, it was not their colours: it was the poise and balance of the period itself. Did he then love the rhythmic rise and fall of words better than their associations of legend and colour? Or was it that, being as weak of sight as he was shy of mind, he drew less pleasure from the reflection of the glowing sensible world through the prism of a language manycoloured and richly storied than from the contemplation of an inner world of individual emotions mirrored perfectly in a lucid supple periodic prose?

It's the best part of the book

Hopes for what?

I always think Joyce is just pretty good and then I read him again and remember. Idk why that happens, doesn't seem to be a thing with other authors for me

tfw only got what hes saying after writing out a 100 words question basically asking what did he mean by this