ITT: Artificial Intelligence Thread

I'm seeking some fIction and non-fiction about artificial intelligence, and their relations with literature but I don't know anything like

help please

Attached: mon lisa.jpg (674x1135, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/adjacent-possible/untold-ai-the-story-behind-the-scifi-inforgraphic-that-broke-the-internet-da1999149ecd
gartner.com/doc/3883863/hype-cycle-artificial-intelligence-
hopesandfears.com/hopes/future/technology/168541-bruce-sterling-artificial-intelligence
youtube.com/watch?v=NjpcYzsD2s0
slideshare.net/DanielKornev/palantir-quid-recordedfuture-augmented-intelligence-frontier
futurism.com/biology-is-technology-darpa-is-back-in-the-game-with-a-big-vision-and-it-is-h-h-magazine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hybrid Child

Uh-oh I Have No Mouth Whatsoever However I Must Indeed Scream in This Very Moment in Dire Time by Harlan Ellison

"The Winter Market" - William Gibson

real life AIs or fictional AIs?
Because fictional AIs are about big statements (probably wrong) on the human condition, human creativity or slavery and human rights.
And real life AIs are more about automatizing big boring tasks that humans can already do.

Probably the most accurate AI description I've read was from P.K.Dick's Ubik, when the hero tries to get out of his house and the door doesnt want to open, they start a discussion about payment and the guy gets sued by the door.

Anyway start here
medium.com/adjacent-possible/untold-ai-the-story-behind-the-scifi-inforgraphic-that-broke-the-internet-da1999149ecd

highlights

>first AI ever
I'm guessing Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, but could be wrong

>AI vs Humans, who control who
The Machine Stops by E.M Forster
City and Stars by A.C Clarke

>AI as "evil" force
2001 by A C Clarke

>AI as a metaphor for slaves/human condition
Rossum's Universal Robots by Karel Čapek
I Robot by Asimov

>Cyberpunk AI
Software by Rudy Rucker
Accelerando by Charles Stross

>Non-fiction
white papers on neural networks, Gartner hype cycle and Bruce Sterling
gartner.com/doc/3883863/hype-cycle-artificial-intelligence-

hopesandfears.com/hopes/future/technology/168541-bruce-sterling-artificial-intelligence

*who controls whom?

Life 3.0 is a good introductory popsci book which also has excellent citations for further reading.

>the hero tries to get out of his house and the door doesnt want to open, they start a discussion about payment and the guy gets sued by the door
Sounds incredible.

Attached: Cyberpunk trauma team.png (901x1196, 293K)

drop your mirrorshades user, it's a very humorous and prescient human-AI interaction in a 50 year old novel

I know, though Dick influenced this later stuff.

I love books on AI.

I'd recommend everything mentioned in this thread so far as well as this book. Permutation City is one of my favourites despite the fact that it's not your typical AI. It focuses on the idea of people's consciousnesses being uploaded and run in a simulated environment and how they communicate with the outside world. It's a little dated but it's a fascinating read.

Attached: 1281550.jpg (292x475, 27K)

Anyone got an .epub of this? Can't find it on b-ok or Soulseek?

Thread theme. Bump it:

youtube.com/watch?v=NjpcYzsD2s0

the moon is a harsh mistress is centered around a comfy AI friendship

But, is it true that Heinlein wanted all his friends to make chi-chi with his wife? That seems convenient as hell, huh? Go to your friend's house, not have to take his wife out to dinner, bang her, then hang out with your friend drinking and playing billiards. It's obviously cool if you get too hammered, cuz you can stay over.
Mistress...

"The Feeling of Power," which was assigned reading in my high school, is relevant to AI automating "boring tasks that humans can already do."
>In the distant future, humans live in a computer-aided society and have forgotten the fundamentals of mathematics, including even the rudimentary skill of counting.
>The Terrestrial Federation is at war with Deneb, and the war is conducted by long-range weapons controlled by computers which are expensive and hard to replace. Myron Aub, a low grade Technician, discovers how to reverse-engineer the principles of pencil-and-paper arithmetic from computers — a development which is later dubbed "Graphitics". The discovery is appropriated by the military establishment, who use it to re-invent their understanding of mathematics. They also plan to replace their computer-operated ships with lower cost, more expendable (in their opinion) manned ships to continue the war.

there is polygamy style line marriage in the book because there isn't enough females to go around on the moon colony

guess this is the right place to post things like this

slideshare.net/DanielKornev/palantir-quid-recordedfuture-augmented-intelligence-frontier

Attached: palantir-quid-recordedfuture-augmented-intelligence-frontier-32-1024.jpg (1024x768, 160K)

'what's next after Recorded Future' is also one of those phrases you can savor.

Attached: palantir-quid-recordedfuture-augmented-intelligence-frontier-1-638.jpg (638x479, 89K)

boys it's going to be a fucking cyberpunk wetdream

Attached: 1_q1YjG4KOjlLi64qMBigQ5Q.png (545x296, 12K)

Accelerando

dis gone b good

futurism.com/biology-is-technology-darpa-is-back-in-the-game-with-a-big-vision-and-it-is-h-h-magazine/

Attached: darpa16_09.jpg (650x335, 37K)

sorry, just find it kind of hilarious that things that were CCG ideas are going to be unironic reality in the next couple of years. imagine having the hot takes of the Washington Post permanently inscribed in your brain. like seeing the entire world through the perspective of Twitter, because Twitter is now painted directly over your eyeballs by a permanent online connection.

AI in terms of Artificial Intelligence seems less interesting than AI in terms of Augmented Intelligence, Permanent Online Mode. internet reality, *all the time.*

Attached: netrunner-cortical-cybermodem.jpg (365x515, 70K)

Does Pinocchio counts as an AI story?

I would say so. The film AI is pretty much based on Pinocchio.