I'm 100 pages in. The prose is so good but the """""story""""" is so bad holy shit...

I'm 100 pages in. The prose is so good but the """""story""""" is so bad holy shit. You can't just write random blubs and pretend it's a novel, why is it allowed?

Attached: k8BXdd.jpg (1518x2339, 818K)

2deep4u

why not bro?

Yea Forums hates the beat generation but loves Pynchon..... Naked Lunch is the predecessor to Gravity's Rainbow and the people on this board hate or just dont acknowledge that. In Slow Learner(not sure if this is the name of it) he talks about how he thinks On The Road is one of the great american novels etc etc etc. Read more drug fueled stuff before you get into pynchon my friend, Burroughs specifically.

Attached: a2416694450_16.jpg (700x700, 37K)

i think the plot is pretty stellar personally

i agree with your sentiment here but definitely no need for op to stop reading gravitys rainbow and read naked lunch first like it's going to help him or something by submerging himself in an equally if not more confusing novel just because it was published first lol

Oh no, better call the literature police

plot doesn't matter.

based
cringe

if you read for or even care about the lesser aspects of literature such as plot, characters, setting, prose, language etc. then you should stick to YA like Harry Potter because serious literature clearly isn't for you.

the only thing you should be reading for is theme.

Prose and language are an important part of GR, though, and certainly not "lesser" aspects of literature.

Brainlet post, embarrassing

then answer why is reading for plot, character etc. good when you can be focusing on the main themes instead?

Empath esper has a dream and wakes up to a missile launch which has a note for him. He fights off the giant Ego of some guy in his dream its like Godzilla as cancer. Guys investigating Slothrop cuz his map is freaking them out. Slothrop goes to missile sight can't remember why rn. Cute young couple are having problems cuz the war and the Pavlov scientist guy trying to get a dog to continue his experiments on. They do a seance and shit before that cuz they don't know why all their sekret society members is dying. Slothrop continue getting investigated on till he goes to the white visitation and gets truth syrumd and tripped. They find an octopus and brain wash it. It's in sequential order and its all connected by the characters and their relations and the eternal recurrence and shit man idk why cant you just have fun with it its funny

theme is a literal philistine term, i dont think art is for u, try philosophy or anime

fiction is fundamentally just a longform method for the author to explore some philosophical theory, why bother focusing on the fluff when you can strike the core of the matter.

the fluff is the art

Yes! the whole thing is completely preposterous.

Attached: nebraF GI.jpg (480x360, 12K)

you should actually read gravity's rainbow you might take away something from it because it explore's a lot but doesn't make a stance. pynchon's aim was primarily aesthetic despite the redpills

>fiction is fundamentally just a longform method for the author to explore some philosophical theory
Pleb fiction is.

>literal
philistine