/g/ has several guides on self teaching yourself a CS degree

/g/ has several guides on self teaching yourself a CS degree
Why lit hasnt made similars self teaching guides for an entire philosophy and literature phd?

At least a shitty wiki on this.

Attached: 1555734767163.png (769x612, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/edit?pli=1#
youtube.com/watch?v=DC8ioZkb-Sc
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Main_Page
teachyourselfcs.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Start with the Greeks.

1.) no one here reads much and no one here has read enough to create said guide
2.) Lazy

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/edit?pli=1#

Attached: 8a971d383cdb1a808091dd0a9ccdd9cd.jpg (770x770, 91K)

There are dozens of philosophy charts on the wiki that follow a semi linear path. I don't think you really need to fill a full syllabus or anything for philosophy.
For literature, just start with the Greeks and go through the western canon while supplementing it with history books from the history charts on the wiki

YOU CANNOT GAIN THE KNOWLEDGE OF A PHILOSOPHY/LITERATURE PHD WITHOUT ACTUALLY BEING AN A PHD PROGRAM. YOU NEED TO HAVE A MENTOR. YOU NEED TO GO TO DINNERS AND DISCUSS THINGS WITH YOUR PEERS. YOU NEED TO ATTEND HUNDREDS OF SEMINARS. YOU NEED TO DO RESEARCH.

YOU WILL NOT EVEN SCRATCH THE SURFACE BY PASSIVELY READING BOOKS.

I'm willing to accept this, but why are these PhDs so quiet? Why do we hear so little opinions from these people online?

Begone normalfag

I literally just walk into random classes at colleges I don't attend whenever I need to discuss things. So far I haven't been kicked out of any. Eventually I'll probably be arrested or something though lol.

>/g/ has several guides on self teaching yourself a CS degree
Link?

>t. salty retard who wasted their time and thousands of dollars obtaining a useless qualification

You don't need a guide. Just read what you're interested in (primary and secondary sources). It's not hard, there is already so much easily accessible information on the topic on the Internet.

1, develop critical thinking skills/ read the wiki articles about logic and reason
2. read the wiki article about epistemology
2.5. read the wiki article about continental and analytical philosophy
3. Read the wiki article about philosophical methodolgy

4. Pirate the pdfs and read the greeks, germans, british, and french philosphers

5. listen to this song

youtube.com/watch?v=DC8ioZkb-Sc

6.???????
7. profit

Attached: zizickphilo.jpg (460x449, 62K)

Based
People on Yea Forums are my peers and mentors.

You are lying, you only get to do that in lower level undergrad classes. PhD courses in America are much smaller and intimate, so you will 100% get caught.

I am from the UK, so for my PhD program there are NO classes, only pure research.

Stop fucking larping. You can never gain the knowledge of a PhD without actually having a PhD.

Attached: edb7da9667d6e272891ec9a3fb45fe96.jpg (920x710, 105K)

>larping
*rping

Even if that is true your post is implying that noone besides those who can go to phd level should even bother. Then why do we even discuss philosophy or post about reading greeks in the first place if all of us should either go to uni or not even read anything academic and accept our fates of being ignorant. Isnt it better to have some guidance in form of a guide than getting lost and confused or not reading at all?

You are a faggot.

This one is pretty good. Would be nice to correct the continential/marxist bias (add more of analytic/cybernetic philosophy).

>Iliterate faggots from the age of goat fuckers civilizations and literal ancient hobos has made more contributions to philosophy history than all modern PHD retards simply by looking at sunlight and talking to other guys and just asking dumb shit over the universe
>but you need a PHD to learn philosophy

Attached: 1520455231828.jpg (250x247, 8K)

alright, will do.

Who wants to be conditioned by those cock suckers anyway?

Have sex

WHERE?
this.
and this

Leave mentoring to me

Because not everything is as simple as becoming a code monkey for a living. You don't have to follow some beaten path if you want to get into literature. It's not learning C++. Look up a list of some classics, see what interests you and start there. You shouldn't follow the recommendations of some random dipshits on a nepalese rat cooking forum, use your own head faggot. God gave it to you for a reason. As paradoxical as it may sound coming from someone typing to you on a nepalese rat cooking forum USE YOUR OWN FUCKING HEAD make YOUR OWN FUCKING CONCLUSIONS and DONT FOLLOW ORDERS LIKE SOME OBEDIENT DOG. THIS ISNT LIKE GETTING /FIT/. THERE IS NO STICKY. MAKE YOUR OWN!!!!

You're out here answering prayers and shit

>cybernetic philosophy
tell me more

Philosophy and literature are just hobbies anyway, who cares as long as you're better read than 99% of people? Participating in academia actively stifles your ability to be an effective demagogue.

Or put simply: Nobody wants to do a guide or a sticky.

on the gentooman wiki
even disregarding /g/ there are already shitloads of open lectures and materials out there and the idea of a self taught cs person is already prevalent
the industry relies on autodidact nature of it's participants

>Participating in academia actively stifles your ability to be an effective demagogue.
how is that a bad thing

>academia teaches you to be an original thinker and not another academia teacher drone
kek

Control Theory, for example. There's no free will, just a world machine giving you limited options, and you choose according to your blind spots and/or benefit, all of which is machinistic.

Formalism, structuralism and analytic philosophy on steroids. There are not many examples when taken to the extreme (save for the likes of moldbug).

Could you link me to it?

Attached: 1275260005616.jpg (1858x1354, 428K)

Attached: 1275260709180.jpg (1858x1354, 368K)

Not him but I suppose this is what he meant
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Main_Page

Attached: 1275261036112.jpg (1858x1354, 353K)

Attached: 1275261163720.jpg (1858x1354, 345K)

Attached: 1275261396385.jpg (1858x763, 169K)

Attached: 1275261563696.jpg (1858x1560, 537K)

Attached: 1275261748849.jpg (1858x1612, 509K)

Attached: 1275261992670.jpg (1858x1204, 356K)

Attached: 1275262163246.jpg (1860x1204, 418K)

Attached: 1275262414742.jpg (1860x1277, 357K)

>Control Theory (not philosophy), for (an) example (of philosophy)

thanks user
where are the /g/ cs guides? i dropped out of school and don't wanna pay for it

teachyourselfcs.com/

>paying for a degree is the only way to be well read on a subject

based

espèce d'abruti de fond de cave

holy BASED

thanks user

Philosophers just call it Cybernetics. Some departments may go as far as "Control Philosophy". By any measure it's a philosophical fringe as it overwhelmingly deals with the concrete (econometrics, neuropsychology, engineering...) rather symbolic - very un-philosophy like.

Most philosophers until Kant were not professors you fucking mong