If you could pick one novel to teach to each grade level of high school English, which books would you pick?

If you could pick one novel to teach to each grade level of high school English, which books would you pick?

English 9:
English 10:
English 11:
English 12:

Attached: sbrown.jpg (500x624, 85K)

>English 9
Bataille - Story of the Eye
>English 10
Genet - Our Lady of the Flowers
>English 11
Shakespeare - Hamlet
>English 12
Siratori - Human_Worms

l WANT TO FUCK SAVANNAH BROWN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: savaloy.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Somebody post the recent pic where she's hit the wall.

Attached: fbds.jpg (691x581, 44K)

The Bible.
All four years.

Kek.
Based

>Grade 9
Probably something simple like 1984 or something by Hemingway to get them started
>Grade 10
Something harder like 100 Years of Solitude or As I Lay Dying to get their brains working. If poetry is allowed then probably The Odyssey or The Illiad too
>Grade 11
Now comes the hard stuff like The Sound and the Fury or Ulysses or The Brothers Karamazov. I’d let them choose but it would be something hard and dense
>Grade 12
Here I’d go for something more advanced like Ulysses or some other grade 11 text, however I’d have them write a final essay on it and it’s themes. In a perfect world we would have a philosophy class too and I’d have them write on the philosophical themes in the novel as well

I don't see how the Sound and the Fury can be comparable to Ulysses, Ulysses was wayyy harder

Ulysses is just longer. Both novels are about the same in levels of complexity and depth

>9
The Holy Bible.
>10
Illiad
>11
Odyssey
>12
Ulysses.

>English 9
The Sea-Wolf
>English 10
Franny and Zooey
>English 11
Hundred Years of Solitude
>English 12
Notes From the Underground

>tfw no cute enough to be able to wear cute clothes like that

Those jeans are horrendous. Looks like that trash the gypsies sell at the market on Wednesdays in 3-5 euro bin. No thank you. Decidedly not.

>reading books in highschool

1. Micromegas
2. The Vicar of Wakefield
3. Infinite Jest
4. The Jungle

i assumed you meant 'books' rather than 'novels'

>English 9:
the iliad, r. graves translation but at least four but preferably seven books in greek
>English 10:
ennius' annales
>English 11:
you have to do greek, latin & french before english, so here we would do the poems of villon
>English 12:
shakespeare

although really i would probably do none because teaching great books in the classroom has a negative effect on them

bizarre

Ouch butterfly is hurting me with her cuteness ouch ouch she is so adorable. :3

My whole weekend has been made because of last night. She takes a shower and defends religion, I am happy. Ouch ouch :3

i really like the flared bottom types

High school students are too dumb to be taught texts. I'd have them do gymnastics until they turned 17.

Good thread shitty cover pic

I strongly believe that High schoolers are old enough to digest any content including sexual and violent one or whatever weak white hypocrite parents call that

East of Eden

Flowers for Algernon

The Catcher in the Rye

Season of Migration to the North

can't we do basketball today?

>Good thread
Is it? I would expect works written in english

god I wish that were me