Nezahualcoyotl (Hungry Coyote)

>Nezahualcoyotl (Hungry Coyote)
>considered by his peers to be the greatest poet of ancient Mexico
>Filled with thought, symbol, and myth, his poetry moved his people's culture so deeply that after his death generations of poets to follow would stand by the huehuetl drum and cry, "I am Nezahualcoyotl, I am Hungry Coyote," and sing his poems and keep them alive
>not only a great lyric poet, but was famed as an architect, engineer, city planner, reluctant warrior, lawgiver, and philosopher
>The cultural institutions he established included a library of hieroglyphic books, a zoological garden-arboretum, and a self-governing academy of scholars and poets
Shakespeare, Dante, and all the other "greats" could never reach the same level of noetic mastery as Hungry Coyote.

Attached: 143436456765.png (217x287, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

red-coral.net/Hungry.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Links?

sólo un ratito aquí en la tierra

how did a culture where a loincloth was common fashion, produce guys like this?

Mesoamericans were intelligent
>The Classic Maya in particular developed some of the most accurate pre-telescope astronomy in the world, aided by their fully developed writing system and their positional numeral system, both of which are fully indigenous to Mesoamerica. The Classic Maya understood many astronomical phenomena: for example, their estimate of the length of the synodic month was more accurate than Ptolemy's,[1] and their calculation of the length of the tropical solar year was more accurate than that of the Spanish when the latter first arrived.[2]

it's fucking hot in mexico. i'd wear a loincloth all day if i lived there too.

>... the greatest poet of ancient Mexico[.]

YOU MEAN «MESOAMERICA», OR «TENOCHTITLAN EMPIRE», NOT «ANCIENT MEXICO».

MEXICO WAS FOUNDED ON YEAR FIFTEEN HUNDRED THIRTYFIVE.

REGARDLESS OF THAT ERROR, I CONCUR IN THAT NEZAHUALCOYOTL WAS AN EXCEPTIONAL PERSON, BOTH UNIVERSALLY, AND LOCALLY; HE WAS «THE AKHNATON OF AMERICA».

Was his poetry universal tho?

literally who?

Ok mate if you're going to give us this does it make sense to talk about Mesoamerican philosophy and/or poetry and if so do you have to understand it in terms of Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca and the broader Mesoamerican Religion(s) or was it in a more humanist style like the Greeks?

Where can I find a comprehensive English collection of his poetry?

He's on the $100 MXN bill. A bit of his poetry is printed on it: "I love the song of the mockingbird,/Bird of four hundred voices,/I love the color of jade/And the intoxicating scent of flowers,/But above all I love my brother: man."

Attached: cien_pesos.jpg (1200x576, 222K)

>Shakespeare, Dante, and all the other "greats" could never reach the same level of noetic mastery as Hungry Coyote

Attached: 1555724963367.jpg (399x400, 47K)

Native Americans are literal East Asians.

IT IS PURE JADE

It is pure jade, a wide plumage, your heart, your word, Oh Father! Ehuaya.

You pity man, you watch him with mercy! Only for the most brief moment is he next to you, at your side! Ohuaya ohuyaya.

Precious as jade your flowers burst forth, Oh Life Giver. As fragrant flowers they are perfected, as blue parrots they open their corolas. Only for the most brief moment next to you, at your side! Ohuaya ohuyaya.

red-coral.net/Hungry.html

>tries peyote once

Wait akhenaten was smart?

Is this...supposed to be good?

t. cuilonyotl

habla sólamente cuando sepas que lo que dices vale la pena y es algo que merece permanencia, tripfag de mierda

Thanks for this. I have always wanted to get into Amerindian literature. Anyone got any recs?

Attached: Screenshot_20170624-225015.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

>Hungry Coyote
so hispanics have an ancient tradition of human smuggling?
learn something new everyday

It was taught. Their god was blonde haired blue eyed. The most advanced works are the oldest, and the red head cone head mummies in south america show another wildcard.

he was pre-hispanic, though.

>Their god was blonde haired blue eyed.
You're thinking the Incas. They were not in Mesoamerica.

>South American mummies
>Mexico
pick one

RH Barlow did Mayan stuff, look into it

Hahaha so insecure about your races intelligence that you literally have to superimpose white people into per-colombian Spain hahahaha are you a mormon

Amo el canto del cenzontle

retard

and hispanics of today are related to them, ergo, hispanics have a long and ancient tradition of human smuggling.
you're welcome for explaining it to you

hahaha

Aztecs were genocided, modern Mexicans don't share blood with them for the most part. And "coyote" is a fucking slang word, the original meaning refers to the animal, not the guy who can get you into another country. Read a bit of history, perhaps.

>Aztecs were genocided...

?

NO, THEY WERE NOT; YOU ARE EITHER IDIOTICALLY IGNORANT, OR MALICIOUSLY MENDACIOUS.

yes, they were genocided. what a cringe reply, commit suicide immediately, faggot.

Mexicans are not the descendants of the Aztecs, but of the tribes who joined Cortés to defeat them. We are a country with name inspired by nostalgia and guilt.

Mexicans are not the descendants of the Aztecs, but of the tribes who joined Cortés to defeat them. We are a country with a name inspired by nostalgia and guilt.

SI ERES MEXICANO, COMUNÍCATE EN ESPAÑOL.

>Mexicans are not the descendants of the Aztecs...

NO HE ASERTADO QUE LOS MEXICANOS SEAMOS «DESCENDIENTES DE LOS MEXICA»; MEJORA TU «COMPRENSIÓN DE LECTURA».

>... but of the tribes who joined Cortés to defeat them.

LOS MEXICANOS SOMOS UNA NACIÓN QUE SURGIÓ DEL MESTIZAJE ENTRE ESPAÑOLES, Y AMERINDIOS; ENTRE LAS ETNIAS AMERINDIAS QUE ESTÁN CONSTITUIDAS EN LA NACIONALIDAD MEXICANA ESTÁN LOS MEXICA.

>We are a country with name inspired by nostalgia and guilt.

EL NOMBRE DE MÉXICO PROVIENE DEL HECHO DE QUE LA NACIONALIDAD MEXICANA SE ORIGINÓ EN LA URBE QUE FUE CAPITAL DEL REINO MEXICA, Y QUE POSTERIORMENTE, LO FUE DEL VIRREINO DE NUEVA ESPAÑA, CUYO REINO PRINCIPAL ERA EL REINO DE MÉXICO.

NO HAY CULPA ALGUNA QUE TENGA QUE SER SENTIDA POR, O IMPUESTA A, GENUINO MEXICANO ALGUNO; LO QUE DEBE DE SENTIR TODO MEXICANO ES ORGULLO, Y AMOR, NO CULPA, NI AUTODESPRECIO.

NO HUBO GENOCIDIO ALGUNO EN TERRITORIO DEL IMPERIO HISPÁNICO ALGUNO, AL CONTRARIO: HUBO RECIVILIZACIÓN, PROTECCIÓN, INTEGRACIÓN, Y SI CREES LO CONTRARIO, ERES IGNORANTE DE HISTORIA, ANTIMEXICANO, ANTIHISPÁNICO, Y TONTO ÚTIL DEL PERPETUO ENEMIGO.

Attached: 1 A I A.jpg (816x1200, 115K)

>dude did you know Mexico is a mix between Natives and Spaniards XDD aren't I the best historian in the world?
>dude we genocided the Aztecs and mixed with the enemy, no guilt at all XDD
>dude what you just said about the country's name but in a more faggot way lmao
>dude if you think otherwise, you're wrong lmao
cringe: the post. kys faggot

Pero no tienes que gritarnos

america is not mexico
america = the USA

stop posting

>Aztecs were genocided
no, they weren't.

>and "coyote" is a fucking slang word, not the guy who can get you into another country
and you clearly have a faulty sense of humor that you didn't even grasp the joke.
or else you're a low iq sjw that gets offended at anything/everything

the Spanish killed the Aztec royalty. That doesn't mean that they killed every single Aztec in all of Aztec lands.

They are actually pretty bad at singing

holy shit, that alone moved me.

Bump

SI ERES MEXICANO, COMUNÍCATE EN ESPAÑOL.

>Mexicans are not the descendants of the Aztecs...

NO HE ASERTADO QUE LOS MEXICANOS SEAMOS «DESCENDIENTES DE LOS MEXICA»; MEJORA TU «COMPRENSIÓN DE LECTURA».

>... but of the tribes who joined Cortés to defeat them.

LOS MEXICANOS SOMOS UNA NACIÓN QUE SURGIÓ DEL MESTIZAJE ENTRE ESPAÑOLES, Y AMERINDIOS; ENTRE LAS ETNIAS AMERINDIAS QUE ESTÁN CONSTITUIDAS EN LA NACIONALIDAD MEXICANA ESTÁN LOS MEXICA.

>We are a country with name inspired by nostalgia and guilt.

EL NOMBRE DE MÉXICO PROVIENE DEL HECHO DE QUE LA NACIONALIDAD MEXICANA SE ORIGINÓ EN LA URBE QUE FUE CAPITAL DEL REINO MEXICA, Y QUE POSTERIORMENTE, LO FUE DEL VIRREINO DE NUEVA ESPAÑA, CUYO REINO PRINCIPAL ERA EL REINO DE MÉXICO.

NO HAY CULPA ALGUNA QUE TENGA QUE SER SENTIDA POR, O IMPUESTA A, GENUINO MEXICANO ALGUNO; LO QUE DEBE DE SENTIR TODO MEXICANO ES ORGULLO, Y AMOR, NO CULPA, NI AUTODESPRECIO.

NO HUBO GENOCIDIO ALGUNO EN TERRITORIO DEL IMPERIO HISPÁNICO ALGUNO, AL CONTRARIO: HUBO RECIVILIZACIÓN, PROTECCIÓN, INTEGRACIÓN, Y SI CREES LO CONTRARIO, ERES IGNORANTE DE HISTORIA, ANTIMEXICANO, ANTIHISPÁNICO, Y TONTO ÚTIL DEL PERPETUO ENEMIGO.

Attached: 1 A I A.jpg (816x1200, 115K)

>the Spanish killed the Aztec royalty.

?

NO THEY DID NOT; ON THE CONTRARY, THEY HAD THEIR DYNASTIC TITLES SANCTIONED BY THE IMPERIAL CROWN.

WHY DO YOU OPINE WHEN YOU ARE EVIDENTLY IGNORANT REGARDING THIS TOPIC?

Based and mormonpilled

Attached: book_of_mormon.jpg (944x993, 121K)

dude they were not genocided, they were basically 100% genetically identical to the neighbouring tribes who survived and even intermixed with the spaniards. Besides that most aztecs did not die in the conquest, many people in Mexico city could probably trace their entire heritage to aztecs

>hey were basically 100% genetically identical to the neighbouring tribes
durrrrrrrrr

It really is such a shame the Mexica civilization got wiped out in its apex. This guy sounds like a figure out of a spring time of the civilization stage like Spengler would say.

There is so much mystery surrounding these cultures, hidden in layers of their majestic temples, the secret of peyote, their number system. RIP.

YES, IT IS SUCH A «SHAME» THAT THIS «GREAT CIVILIZATION» OF ANTHROPOPHAGIC WORSHIPPERS OF DEMONS GOT «WIPED OUT»(?)...

Attached: SERVICIO RITUAL A HUICHILOBOS I.jpg (664x503, 53K)

Unironically commit suicide.

stop posting

alright, post your proof of that.

este trip fag se cree que es de desendencia Romana pero al mismo tiempo es ciegamente nacionalista hacia mexico. Es un muchachito muy confundido que lleva años aqui. Me da lastima su autismo, deveramente piensa que tiene un intelecto mas grande de lo que es. Onions lurker de ya 6 años, nunca posteo, pero me siento obligado como mexicano a que disculpen la dispocicion cringe de mi paisa.