What study BFTO reductionism and scientism best?

What study BFTO reductionism and scientism best?
Any introductory book on that studies?
I need a philosophy book for my friend who goes to the army.
I currently bought semiotics book because of this meme but I think I need more.

Attached: C5rdZk6UYAEIpf6.jpg (1200x756, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

critical-theory.com/read-derridas-response-sokal-affair/
goodreads.com/book/show/724184.Women_and_the_Common_Life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I should add solipsism at the list.

Heidegger

I'm the one who tried to read being and time, and... I'm pretty sure you didn't care at the word "introductory book"...
Anyway I want to ask, why heidegger? For its phenomenological side, or existentialism side?

Also sprach Zarathustra

Deconstruction and relativism is the academic humanities mainstream, so any intro textbook from there?

>relativism

>As for the “relativism” they are supposed to be worried about—well, even if this word has a rigorous philosophical meaning, there’s not a trace of it in my writing.
critical-theory.com/read-derridas-response-sokal-affair/

I thought that word is not good for describe any philosophy.

Relativists often insist they're not by over-emphasizing context ("the perspective is dependent on objective context, thus not subjective").

So this strategy is same to jordan peterson's fanbase. Ok desu

The sokal (and now peterson) affair is just structuralism vs deconstructivism. Structuralist will criticize deconstructivism as relativist because deconstrutionist
invents arbitrary symbols (whilst ignorering structure) to reach conclusion suitable for subjective viewpoint. Whereas deconstructionism is critique of structure (patriarchy and capitalism is bad! let's replace it with ... something!).

Tractatus logico-philosophicus

No that book is like the definition of reductionism

What did you expect, Yea Forums is doused in analytical philosophy. The primer for what OP is asking is simply . Go with mainstream humanities (Platonic essentialism -> Kant-Marx-Horkheimer).

The hell are you talking about? I'm pretty new at Yea Forums but I'm definitely sure that these guys fucking hate analytical philosophy. Also I'm not sure whether Horkheimer is today's mainstream or not, there is someone like OOO or nick land who makes philosophy outside of Frankfurt School.

But thanks for reminding me, Eclipse of Reason would be fitted

Maybe. nu-lit Wittgenstein, Land and disregard for continental philosophy is what I had in mind.

Critical theory is what I'd consider modern humanities mainstream. Be it of Frankfurt variety, or otherwise.

Is there an any introductory- friendly book of Critical theory? I tried to read habermas but the text just felt too dense and too academical.
Critical theory is pretty new to me too, perhaps I should read first, before gave it to friend.

The quantum enigma by Wolfgang Smith

Sorry, no translation in my country.

Society of the Spectacle is what I'd consider "pop introduction". Critical theory is a sprawling field. Try to steer clear from left ideologues prevalent in there (identity politics in particular).

Is there a Critical theory book that does not write words used in Marxism, for example, a proletarian or class struggle? I know this sounds hopelessly wrong, but that's the thing I needed. like Baudrillard but easy. and according to jordan peterson this type of things is common

>I want to read what I already believe in to make myself feel smart.

There's Causal Marxism (critique of structure of capital, be it monetary, sexual or racial) and theres other Symptomatic Marxism (critique of outcomes of poorly structured capital). The former is closer to Deleuze, the latter is closer Frankfurt. Mainly the Frankfurt is of concern in academia.

For example goodreads.com/book/show/724184.Women_and_the_Common_Life is fairly plausible critique of society congruent with structural axioms, instead of perfectly symbolic cow orbiting in vacuum of "Symptomatic Marxism" feminist.

To narrow it down:
Global capitalism/consumerism is what ruins gender and race relations: legit
Patriarchy and racism which spontaneously appears in vacuum is why capitalism is shit: academic marxist bollocks

While both strains are obviously "Marxian", it's easy to see they confront each other. If you wear a bit of tin on head, you could also say neoliberal agenda has a stake in sponsoring one but not the another in academia.

Thanks for conversation.