Where is the cheapest place in the world to focus on writing

Where to go if I just want to focus on writing and not have to worry about money?

What are some of the cheapest places to live where I can really put all my effort into nothing but eating, sleeping, reading, writing. I mean around the world. I can go anywhere.

Also, no being a neet. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to accept a miserable form of life.

Attached: I1.1.jpg (620x450, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_current.jsp
youtube.com/watch?v=G1lLUq2Y1rM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>thinking you need some magical fairy tale cabin retreat to focus on your writing
>not gonna make it

If you don't have a job, that already means you have more free time than most. What's wrong with your current living arrangements? Why aren't you already focusing all your time on writing if you have a means to go on this silly fantastical adventure that will probably yield 0 creative output?

I finished up work before Christmas.
I was traveling for a while. I've just arrived back to my family home. I'm too easily distracted by the internet and living with my family again. I can't get comfortable being in the house with them dropping in and out all the time. Also I can't just live here forever, I need to leave.

I'm not talking about some magical fairy tale cabin, but there are places in the world that are much cheaper to live in, especially for extended periods of time. This is what I'm asking about.

>wake up after storm
>kayak has washed away
What now?

Take the jetski instead

Buy some random plot of land and set up a tent on it.

dude seriously just live in a camper. When i will move out i just buy a used one for maybe like 12 - 17k and then i don´t have to worry about money. you save so much money

and you can drive everywhere you want everythime you want

>Also, no being a neet.
How good are you with languages? Secluded places are 2.5nd world, and outside of urban centers in there. No english, no sexpat collective to lean on anywhere nearby. Only people who'll talk to you will be few locals who are interested in learning english. It is very much neet-like lifestyle.

As for places, you're looking for somewhat civilized, but still poor regions. Rural regions of certain slavic countries, richer parts of south east asia are usually good bet.

In some of the smaller cities in India you could rent a small house for $50-60 a month

get swimming boi

12-17k ain't chump change though.

I'm talking about the kind of place where you can easily live for a year of maybe 20k with no stress.

I speak English, but I'm sure I can pick some up. Are we talking about maybe Albania way? Because I could get around that. I've been in the area before and it's lovely.

Although south-east asia is much closer to where I am. What areas could you recommend?

This is the kind of information I'm looking for.

>Albania
A lot of balkans is on the deeper 3rd world end, along with the likes of central asia soviet republics, ukraine or belrus. The band of safe but cheap slav countries is: Czechia, Poland, Estonia (&other balts), Slovakia, Hungary. You can more or less go by GDP.

SEA is the same way, there's a band of safety, and you're stricking balance between "overrun by sexpat backpackers" to "pristine, poor, dangerous" places. The high end backpacker places are urban china, malaysia, thailand, philipines, india, vietnam. The low end is rural places of the above list. The deeper more dangerous end is Laos, Cambodia, Bangladesh - very cheap and pristine places, but not recommended if you don't have the street smarts.

Finally, there are "failed west" countries. Places like Greece, Spain and Portugal. There's also flyover-trailer-opioid and black ghettos in the US, but these places are more dangerous than worth to justify the relative cheapness.

>Spain
>country with the highest life expectancy in the world
>free and high quality public education at every level
>90+% white
>public healthcare system
>practically nonexistent crime
>great food
>beautiful cities and buildings
>tremendous intellectual tradition
>failed western country

what did he mean by this?

Mainly crumbling infrastructure, and shrinking prospects following a massive brain drain after 2008. It is failed west in a sense there are no employment opportunities. The rural side of it is fairly lovely, but not that much different from a lot of other struggling rural areas seen in the west.

It's not super cheap either, compared to proper shitholes.

I've been to and absolutely loved Greece, Spain and Portugal. How cheap would it be to actually relocate there for some time?

>there are no employment opportunities
Still? Economy was growing pretty quick (for Europe) last time I looked

Use Expatistan and find out

Those are "higher end western shithole". Think $500/mo (food & acc), a bit more than that at first till you get a good deal on living arrangements. Of course we're talking rural, urban centers are still fairly expensive.

In real shitholes, you can get by for far less - in $50-$200 food+acc/mo range.

Unironically Romania. Bucharest is one of the top 10 cheapest cities to live in in the world at the moment, but it’s safe, nice, great internet speed if you need that, cosmopolitan enough that you wouldn’t get bored by living alone as you might in the middle of nowhere, and you have access to anything you might need in terms of food and resources.

Downside is you’d probably have to learn Romanian eventually, since not everyone speaks english among people over 30. Especially if you want to get a job and not be a neet

Romania is decent as any other eastern bloc country. The issue is that cities of those are not all that cheap. Rural romania is overall dangerous proposition. Same deal in Bulgaria.

A lot of rural Romania isn't actually dangerous, and you've also got the option of one of the smaller cities rather than straight up rural. Cluj, Sibiu, Iasi, Timisoara, are all even cheaper than Bucharest and plenty safe.

But still, I will maintain that for the money you spend, Bucharest is excellent - you can get a nice 1-bedroom flat for under 4K a year rent, and if you want to live on 20K a year, that leaves you with 16K to spend on food and whatever shit you want.

>Spain
>white
The moor's legacy is not dead, merely asleep.

For 20k a year or less there are hundreds of little villages in Spain where you can just fuck off and live cheaply while writing

$300-$500/mo is standard rate for cities in western slavlands (poland, czechia). This is quite expensive. These places are also cosmopolitan and not really secluded.

numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_current.jsp
Nice chart with all kinds of indices. If you're not working then you're looking for a balance of safety, healthcare and cost of living. As usual take it with a grain of salt.

>tfw no cottage by the sea to seclude myself in
>you can easily live for a year of maybe 20k with no stress.
>live in major US city and never lived on more than 20k a year
There's a lot of stress though, actually. If you're clever you can find ways to get by. You can consider being a live-in maid for a hotel. Free room and board with food, for a few hours of work a day. You can also do that for rich families. It's pretty Yea Forums friendly. You have to be non-threatening and a hard worker, though.

Attached: 71281524_p0_master1200.jpg (909x504, 175K)

In a smaller city like Jalandhar in Punjab it's about 3000-5000 rupees a month for an average small house. Calcutta, Lucknow, Varanasi and similar size cities will be around 5000

In a more rural area it will be less but you will have problems like the water and Power going off all the time.

In Delhi it was 15000 rupees/month for the place I stayed at.

+% white
who the fuck are you kidding? Most of Spain is overrun by dirty latinos, sketchy morrocans and disgusting sub-saharans.

>>$200 in Delhi
That's quite hefty. Loo surcharge?

Get a fucking life and stop being passionate about writing. literacy is a tool, not a lifestyle.

Newfoundland is really cheap, this is where my vacation home is.
youtube.com/watch?v=G1lLUq2Y1rM

Can it not be a lifestyle and a tool? You sperg.

Nothing else motivates me to continue.

>Can it not be a lifestyle and a tool?
No, because you are adapting yourself around the tool and not using the tool as a tool. Common thing in technological society. Building your life around writing is pathetic. Neither you nor the world needs your contributions.