Currently Reading Thread. What are you working through?

Attached: currentreads.png (327x517, 120K)

cool

Attached: chrome_2019-04-19_01-46-16.png (317x511, 128K)

Justine and Juliette are the only de Sade books of any value.

nice work. keep going.

I'm halfway through Maldoror myself! Did you come from the dark/disturbing thread?

>goodreads

Attached: currentlyreading.png (327x483, 105K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-19-14-24-22.png (1080x1920, 580K)

The Romantic Imperative
Groundless Grounds: A Study of Wittgenstein and Heidegger

imagine being so autistic you go to a website to update what you're currently reading to current page accuracy. like christus isn't it enough to just say "I'm reading this book"??

Imagine reading 3 books at the same time. Not enough brainpower and focus to finish the book i guess

3 body is excellent and also uplifting, enjoy. If you like it maybe read Alan Moore's Jerusalem I found similar themes.

Currently reading
>Memoirs of Hadrian for "serious book"
>Elric of Melnibone "fun book"
>The World as Will and Representation "try hard book"

>currently reading list is up to 24 titles now

>de sade

Have not touched Histories in months desu
Not sure where to go from here. I'd like to read some plays, preferably by Aristophanes, but I can't find a reasonable collection with what seems a decent translation. In Penguin's Lysistrata and Other Plays for example, the Spartans apparently speak Scottish?!

Attached: currently.jpg (292x316, 18K)

Post it faggot

Bottom two are Anders's The Outdatedness of Human Beings and Bataille's On the Trial of Gilles De Rais.

Got the same edition of Sade's works, it's pretty nice

Attached: IMG_20190419_153737.jpg (3264x1840, 1.68M)

Oh shit you guys actually update your progress? I only update when I'm finished.

Thanks for recommendation user, I'd definitely check out

Europe Central - Vollmann

Wow - Germany and the Soviet Union were really quite the shitshow. Although, my conspiracy side says he’s a cia agent and this book is part of a very broad disinformation campaign to paint communism and nazism in a bad light.

Waste of time.

i updated for the purposes of this thread lol

re: sade, yeah i'm super happy with it. plan on picking up their editions of juliette and 120 days at some point. i already have a copy of 120 days of sodom, but it's not the best copy.
i appreciate the bataille

Started on a collection of Kipling short stories today. I've read maybe 1/5 of them before over the years but there's about 40 in it so plenty of it is new to me.

I'd also fancied some fantasy so had picked up The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley but I'm about 50 pages in and it's unreadable trash. Probably won't go back to it.

I don't think most people do. I do it because it keeps me motivated.

don't see the problem with reading multiple books at the same time. my three (I'm OP) are all very different. When I get bored of one, I pick up the other. I can't read a book for more than 45 minutes straight, but if I change books, I can keep going. I don't know why.

I wasn't aware of the Kipling short stories. You'd recommend them?

How is Maldororo? It is on my read list for summer. Currently reading:

Butcher's Crossing-John Williams

Thus Were Their Faces-Silvina Ocampo

Petersberg(re-read)-Bely

My reading habits are getting a bit messy. Right now I'm reading The Divine Comedy. Two anthologies of poetry and 20 poemas de amor y una cancion deseperada by Neruda.

:^)

Attached: Jester.jpg (325x380, 43K)

If you want a good book on Gilles De Rais then I recommend The Real Bluebeard by Jean Benedetti

The ones I've read, yeah. I'm still going through his early work now and it's not as strong as the stuff I'd read previously, but still pretty good.

i wasn't huge into it at first because it felt over-flowery
i've come back to it because i want to read Blanchot's Lautreamont and Sade, and it's growing on me now