Hey Yea Forums I started a thread late the other night and didn't get many replies, so lets try again

Hey Yea Forums I started a thread late the other night and didn't get many replies, so lets try again.

I'm a Literature major and next Semester I'm taking Horror and Super Natural Literature along with a couple other lit classes. The reading list has yet to be decided, but what are some likely books/novels I'll be reading?

also I get the sense that Nick Land is a meme here, he does intrigue me though even though I know nothing about his writing. I've thought about getting the fanged noumena or whatever on audible since i have 1 credit left.

oh, and My favorite books so far are Philip K Dick's Valis Trilogy, Ubik, pretty much anything PKD George Orwell's 1984, and i'm well read in World Mythology. any book suggestions for me?

Attached: Valis.jpg (181x279, 18K)

Probably some lovecraft? Frankenstein? Dracula is a book isn't it?

yeah, okay. cool. I was thinking maybe i'll be seeing one of those.

Attached: 1526961988593 (1).jpg (752x908, 176K)

Hey reddit faggot, kindly make an exit, a swift one my brother, o my brother

Attached: 32C1846D-C911-4ED2-8292-8003D6B50AF8.jpg (1984x962, 102K)

yeahhhh.... I'm not from reddit desu.

What a reddit way to tell someone to fuck off to reddit.

Alright you can stay

Attached: 440F9982-1852-4EEB-A667-957864F76D27.jpg (350x473, 31K)

oh and I don't like you should do what you've done and I'm not your brother no more and wouldn't want to be.

Attached: 4f69896974bbb3b4f6a875bdef6553e7.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Is Yea Forums a dead board?

Yeah, it actually requires you to read a fuck ton, but instead you have insecure faggots seeking validation and asking stupid fucking questions instead or reading and thinking of coherent questions

bump

This reaction to a fairly basic and reasonable question is inexplicable, the boy is asking for books to read and is exciting about reading books, give books to the boy

yes, please.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (640x400, 143K)

Attached: AC7581E4-DCBE-40FA-AF7D-E3A1795FE1B0.png (1100x1800, 2.58M)

>any book suggestions for me
Crying of lot 49 is like a grown up 1984

The drumpfies are giving it second wind

Attached: hillary-pepe.png (600x621, 39K)

Literature is not some toy that you get "excited" about. Fuck off back to your video games.

I’m reading Valis right now. What are your thoughts? Was he crazy or did God communicate with him? I think it’s a little of both. Also what are your thoughts about the vision of the Christians running around the outside the “Black Cube Prison” that everyone else is in? I have seen them talk about the Black Cube concept (Representing damnation and the elites control over us) being talked about on X

Also I almost forgot. I bet you would like “House of Leaves”.

I think it is a little bit of both. Not sure if it was God that gave him his knowledge, but something did. just wait until you get to the last chapters...
Have you researched the exegesis any?

Valis is good but I feel like you can only "get" it if you've ever been institutionalised in a psychiatric ward or suffered from the further reaches of a mental illness.
Good luck explaining the unexplainable, either the mind is incredibly self influencial or it's affected by an external source which he describes, I reckon it's a little bit of both, not to sound boring...

dude gnostic lmao

what's wrong with you? extreme autism and aspies?

Attached: 1554604396791.png (1920x1080, 276K)