I want to write stories

I want to write stories.

The thing is, I've never really written anything serious and I dont know where to start. Most compelling stories are about interaction with other human beings, and I've had very few mentors, friends, girlfriends or general human interaction in most of my life, it's not something I'm good at. I think I might be slightly autistic because of my ineptitude at socializing and its nuances. It's not something I'm wholly incapable of but it's like trying to describe a person on the other side of a fogged glass.
I want to write about my youth and growing up to become an adult. But such things arent that interesting when most of it was spent idly, or when there are few other persons in it to adequately reflect upon the interactions shared with them.

However, the moments and decisions and environments that shaped who I was as an individual are what separated me from the rest of my peers. Those things I want to share as a story but I dont know how to make this slow-cooked stew of misery an interesting thing to digest.

Attached: uluLwoT_d.jpg (640x427, 57K)

Start smaller, try just writing a paragraph or two describing some trivial experiences you had, anything at all - eating, walking, anything. Write a couple of these and edit mercilessly until you excise as much of the natural pretentiousness/awkwardness you'll doubtlessly have have as a new writer

At least, that's what I'm trying to do, and it seemed to help, I only tried writing my first thing a week or so ago lol, gl man

A vast part of literature is introspective fiction written by authors dealing with solitude and alienation. You don't need to write realistic characters, rather you need to start expanding and exploiting your imagination, something which not many are capable of. As an introvert you might already have an edge.

Start with an idea, have a conscious sense of how your piece will feel and flow, execute it to the best of your current ability, keep rewriting till it's feels right, and finish it. Perhaps emulate aspects of great works that resonated with you.

Come back to your work after some time, and look at it critically. Mark up where you feel like you can improve. Dissatisfaction with your work is part of the process, and use that feeling to drive you. Read more, and write more, and you shall improve.

I grew up resenting and distrusting both of my parents. Born in the early 90s, I was raised in a hoarder home. My father beat my mother and my mother cheated on him, this was a regular thing. Shouting matches and physical fights, conflicts for freedom and power. They were simultaneously controlling, abusive and neglectful to me and my brother. We weren't allowed to take care of ourselves, we weren't allowed to have responsibilities. We weren't taken care of and nor were household responsibilities managed. Left to ourselves all we had to do was read, not being allowed outside. Sometimes wed use our mothers computer when she was absent. To this day I've probably written a hundred times more words than spoken.

My mother was always absent even when present, often nonresponsive behind a computer screen or book or at work or cheating on my father. She often told us things that my father always said were lies.
My father regained the power he lost over our mother by beating us and abusing us, in my early childhood I recall times where he would chase us and bite us with a human skull he had allegedly obtained from medical school. During bathing he would hold us underwater and laugh. He often sat on us and pulled our hair and fingers, squeezing our little limbs, covering our mouths and noses and watching us fight for air. I recall some sexual abuse too, hurting our genitals or assholes. When he wasnt hurting us, he was hurting our mother, drinking or yelling at a sports show. As we grew older and my mother left, our father became more verbal and controlling, preventing me and my brother from learning how to take care of ourselves or having self reliance.

In school I was naturally bullied, for being odd and socially inept and demanding of attention and affection I didnt receive at home. I had few friends, the friends I did have were weirder than me and had little to be learned from on how to properly behave. I was smarter than most of my classmates and lacked the discipline to hone it and make anything of it.

I grew to distrust others and to expect pain from human interaction. Yet, come high school I made friends, other kids who had fucked up childhoods. Eventually was pressured to do drugs, which I gave into. I was often absent from school, absent from home, finding ways to make money so I could drink and smoke, among other things. My father never taught me how to ride a bike or swim, something I was mocked for but reluctantly taught how to do by my friends. We often explored the city, making graffiti under bridges or stealing things to sell.

I began to realize that I was a lackey and tagalong with this group of friends. They would often do the most exciting things without me, leaving me behind for girls or the better drugs.

Around 16 we began to smoke black tar heroin, too ignorant to know what opium really was. I almost overdosed several times on it, and stopped after several months while my friends struggled with it for a year.

Attached: 1553905657832.jpg (900x667, 134K)

Also, it doesn't matter what the idea is, just make sure the idea resonates deeply with you. That depth of emotion is what drives literature. Your writing ability will improve over time.

I mean there's plenty there to write about, even if you want to base it strictly on experiences familiar to you (though I don't wanna make assumptions). Read Witch Piss by Sam Pink if you think that sort of experience can't be compelling, it's about a friendless semi-homeless kid who wanders around drinking, trying to make friends with the local, addicts/homeless/mentally disabled, etc. and I thought it made for great (if vulgar) literature

You can do it user

I had several failed interactions with girls, often having feelings for one here and there instead of just fucking who ever I could like my friends did.

When I wasnt doing stupid shit with friends, I wasted almost all of my spare time behind a computer that i had stolen, playing videogames or shitposting on the internet. I started to mentally grow separate than my friends, my mind getting hijacked by internet jargon and memes and an unlimited access to irrelevant information.

I found interests in the supernatural and occult, merely for enjoyment instead of legitimate belief. The unknown was an interesting thing to me.

I started breaking into old buildings or sealed caves and tunnels, spending the majority of the dark hours out exploring or simply biking around the city at night. In the morning I'd sleep in a park or down by the river, showing up to school late and covered in mud, dust, sweat and morning dew.

A lot of this I realized was escapism, escape from reality and my home life and ineptitude to lead a normal life. Escape from my father.

When high school graduation came around, I found out I had to do a 5th year of high school because of all my missing credits. My friends decided to go to a credit program while I stayed at our old school, hoping to learn how to talk to others and maybe learn how to study.

I grew separate from my old friends for a while, making friends with some girls in junior year and some of their siblings and male friends. I ended up abandoning feelings and giving into lust and almost fucking a few if them, which ended up exploding and lashing back at me as I destroyed friendships and trust. I felt confused after experiencing emotionless intimacy, and alienated myself further from others.

Before I graduated I was hanging out with a girl who wasnt of age, under the belief she would show me how to study and prepare for college. She ended up taking off her clothes and threatening to tell people if I didn't fuck her, and she got on top of me and fucked me. I didnt know how to say no or escape the situation and just let it happen. This really broke me and had an effect on my personality.

After graduation, I made more friends, the new age hippie type. They had a music band together. In this I was again a tagalong and a lackey. We did lots of hallucinogens together, another spice that affected my personality. I started getting worse with words and socializing and my self confidence plummeted. Soon I realized my friends pitied me and thought I was autistic, and so I stopped hanging out with them.

This began a period where I spent almost a year alone, exploring the city and entering old caves and tunnels and such.

>I've had very few mentors, friends, girlfriends or general human interaction in most of my life, it's not something I'm good at.

This literally NEVER stopped anyone.

Authors are not exactly Chads, user. In fact, some of their greatest works are fanfictions on how they wished their lives were like.

Attached: consider-this.jpg (320x320, 59K)

You've had way more social interaction than I have - and a far more interesting lifestory as well.

This should not stop you from writing.

I dont recall exactly how it happened, but after being told something by my mother and later finding a journal of my fathers, I discovered something that caused me to have a mental breakdown while I was at my fathers house while he was gone visiting family for christmas.

My mother had attempted suicide before I was born, and then tried to leave my father. He drugged her and raped her with the goal of conceiving another child so she would be forced to stay and raise it. My mother knew she was raped and why it happened.

This knowledge absolutely broke me in my fragile mental state. My existence, my life on this earth was an act of greed. I was the product of rape. I was unwanted from the beginning. My father didnt even want me, I was a tool to him. The concept of lust and sex suddenly became so disgusting and hateful in that moment.

It explained everything, my parents and my early childhood. It felt like a spear had descended from the cold blue sky above and pierced my being to the very core. I remember screaming in terror and fury and feeling the world spin around me. When I came to, I realized i had demolished most of my fathers house. The drywall was destroyed, doors off their hinges, fridge toppled, TV smashed, cabinets emptied. My hands were bloody and raw. I packed a bag and fled on my bike.

I ended up getting my first job a couple weeks later, staying with my old friend that I did heroin with. I lived in his unheated garage through the winter and worked, saving up money and wasting most of it on drugs. I escaped my mind by exploring the city in my free time, only staying in the garage to sleep or wank.

Eventually i earned enough money to rent a house with some friends. They drank, smoked weed, did coke and pills every day and I engaged in the same ignorance. However my already fragile mind was punished further. My friend who was the head of the house pitied me, while my other friends resented me for being present. However I'd be in a garage wanking in the dark if it wasnt for him.

For about a year I ended up tripping on LSD, twice every weekend. I got weirder and more awkward and broken mentally. Eventually my friend asked me to leave. I was a burden, didnt know how to drive, and made people uncomfortable when they had parties. I made things difficult with girls as I was good looking but as socially apt as a toppled plate of spaghetti that had been scattered across the floor.

I ended up living in my friends garage again, before saving enough money to move out of state and leave my life behind completely.

I ended up moving to a small town several hundred miles away and met a girl there, who moved from Chicago. Her family life was similar to mine and sought to escape. She taught me how to drive, I taught her how to pay bills and cook. Now we live together in this quiet little town and nothing really has happened since. Were the only person in each other's lives and she loves me and I love her, and I'm happy for that.

>Before I graduated I was hanging out with a girl who wasnt of age, under the belief she would show me how to study and prepare for college. She ended up taking off her clothes and threatening to tell people if I didn't fuck her, and she got on top of me and fucked me. I didnt know how to say no or escape the situation and just let it happen. This really broke me and had an effect on my personality.
You absolute fantastic bastard.

I guess what I want to know is, how do I filter out the completely irrelevant parts? How do I make the uninteresting parts interesting? How do I tell such a long story without going on and on and wasting time?

thanks for the feedback lads.

Should i just start writing about anything then? and just flesh it out?
I have no idea how to catch someones attention and make the story engaging. What I've been afraid of is that I've been bad at relating to most other human beings, I've been bad at getting people to understand me. How the hell am I supposed to write a story with that goal in mind?

>no idea how to catch someones attention and make the story engaging
try paying attention to how writers you read/admire manage to get your attention and engage your mind. you'll slowly see patterns of what your mind is attracted to, be it this topic or that structure/technique
use gained insight to inform your writing

Start your first draft then come back mate :)

you seem to be worrying too much about what other people think right now, start writing for yourself first and see how it goes!

>I've been bad at getting people to understand me
don't worry about other people. focus on you understanding yourself.

What everyone else said, write something you like first, then sit on it for a bit and start editing, just gotta keep at it my man

what this person said. It comes off as really whiny and naive to imply that you don't have enough life experience to write about. If Emily Brontë could write a novel so can you.
The majority of what you posted was raw details, without any synthesis of ideas or building up to some point. Nobody wants to read the biography of an autist who had a hard upbringing, it's not even that original. If you want to write something interesting, focus on creating an interesting perspective based on your life experiences, instead of simply recounting details.

As an aspiring writer myself, I can't stress enough how important it is to have a clear idea, goal and THEME for your book. If you can paint this clear image in your mind, it all becomes significantly easier.
Also read. Read every god damn day, and not just Yea Forums memes. Read actual books and pay close attention to prose. Since starting writing (I'm some 90k words in) I can no londer read books the same way as I did. My eye has formed to look for certain things now.

not op butt how does one expand their imagination?
as an average/below average creativity to begin with

>Nobody wants to read the biography of an autist who had a hard upbringing
I get what you mean, but I do.

read! not the only thing, but pretty important.